• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lol nah man. Aint for me.

"Man, I can't fuck with telephones. You got to have quarters and shit and remember phone numbers and shit. I just write letters, yo."

"Yeah, cell phones do all that shit for you now. No quarters needed."

"Lol nah man. Aint for me."

Esch

Banned
spending an hour reading about graphics card options etc before you buy= too much

5 minutes or less spent testing settings= too much

downloading a driver every 3 months= too much

its too hard, i just want someone to vomit games into my brain while i sit in my nest

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nah man.

Drivers. Graphics Options. Cards.

Too much.

Things are getting better. Some games are including an optimize feature so that when you just click the "Optimize" button they figure out what you got and make it the best experience possible.

It's getting easier, but of course you can be a mad man and tweak that shit to your hearts content. Don't matter either way.

Macca

What. No.

You download the game and hit play. It auto does all that shit. Unless you're gaming on a computer from back when 50 cent was relevant, you're good.
Except when games decide to not work. I enjoy tweaking games and stuff, and don't have much of a problem trying to get things to work. But quite often shit doesn't.

I can totally understand why someone would rather spend their limited free time playing the games rather than setting them up.

WanderingWind

spending an hour reading about graphics card options etc before you buy= too much

5 minutes or less spent testing settings= too much

downloading a driver every 3 months= too much

its too hard, i just want someone to vomit games into my brain while i sit in my nest

I've had one video card for 2 years that I'm still maxing settings out on every game out there. You pull it out with your bare hands, slap another one it. It's about as complicated as picking your nose. Settings are tested automatically now. Drivers...I don't even remember the last time I had to find a driver. Like, 6 years ago?

Technology changes. Reiterating talking points that weren't relevant half a decade ago is your prerogative, of course, but it's not accurate.

Except when games decide to not work. I enjoy tweaking games and stuff, and don't have much of a problem trying to get things to work. But quite often shit doesn't.

I can totally understand why someone would rather spend their limited free time playing the games rather than setting them up.

When has a game you've bought on Steam not worked? I have approximately infinite games I've bought on sales and all of them work.

PBY

Banned
I've had one video card for 2 years that I'm still maxing settings out on every game out there. You pull it out with your bare hands, slap another one it. It's about as complicated as picking your nose. Settings are tested automatically now. Drivers...I don't even remember the last time I had to find a driver. Like, 6 years ago?

Technology changes. Reiterating talking points that weren't relevant half a decade ago is your prerogative, of course, but it's not accurate.

Xbox lasted me 7 years doe. No swaps, nothing.

I barely play games anymore anyways, next game I prob play will be titanfall

Macca

When has a game you've bought on Steam not worked? I have approximately infinite games I've bought on sales and all of them work.
Sonic Generations was a pain in the ass to get going, and still fucks up on me on occasion. Not to mention GFWL being a pile of shit and fucking up all the damn time.

Esch

Banned

I thought the baby-mama bird vomit imagery was enough to make my sarcasm apparent, but i guess you can't win 'em all. Your buttons are too easy to push.

Back last year i was downloading drivers decently frequently though, but I like to get as much juice as i can out of this old bird.

WanderingWind

I thought the baby-mama bird vomit imagery was enough to make my sarcasm apparent, but i guess you can't win 'em all. Your buttons are too easy to push.

Back last year i was downloading drivers decently frequently though, but I like to get as much juice as i can out of this old bird.

Not every reply is a disagreement.

You're wrong.

Esch

Banned
Actually, I'm not fucking wrong. Drivers get pretty frequent updates. Obviously, that's up to you, the user, to decide whether to take advantage. I like to as often as I can running the mid powered rig I have now, because quite frankly a lot of console ports have not been optimized to what they should be. Or some games are jank upon release. This isnt exclusive to PC's (lol, Skyrim), but I do update mine frequently for that reason.

You can't use some objectivity when you're talking about what I did with my PC lol. And you don't need to, the platform is great even with minor hassles. Its the natural byproduct of greater choice and flexibility.

At any rate, I should check for driver updates.

DominoKid

Spitta ‏@CurrenSy_Spitta 5m
At games end I'll put some dope in the streets for yall.. Me and my bro @TrinidadJamesGG been holding weight for a minute.. Don't trip

must be nice to make moves whenever you feel like it.

Spitta ‏@CurrenSy_Spitta 5m
At games end I'll put some dope in the streets for yall.. Me and my bro @TrinidadJamesGG been holding weight for a minute.. Don't trip

must be nice to make moves whenever you feel like it.

Do you like Deniro domino? I recall you saying how much you kinda wanted Cole to win cause he is from NC(paraphrasing) and I know Deniro is too

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listened to Born Sinner again. Can't shake the feeling that there is greatness underneath this but it's showered with a bunch of sameyness all over. But the best songs are SO GOOD. Power Trip, Trouble, Rich N***az, Crooked Smile, Let Nas Down and Born Sinner are all amazing songs.

Fuck the haters, Let Nas Down is dope as fuck. I love the story, how he tells it, all the contemplation, it's real shit and something I think everyone can relate to if they have an artist who's been through the label mishaps.

Bout to cop Born Sinner off of that song and the dope cover artwork alone.

DominoKid

503c4176d25a11e2984e22000a9d0de0_7.jpg

only Drake lmao.
nice OvO gang sign from the flunkies too.

DominoKid

Yeezus confirming that 808s (and Graduation to a lesser extent) as his most influential album

Do you feel like “808s” is the album of yours that has had the most impact?

There are people who have figured out the exact, you know, Kanye West formula, the mix between “Graduation” and “808s,” and were able to become more successful at it. “Stronger” was the first, like, dance-rap song that resonated to that level, and then “808s” was the first album of that kind, you know? It was the first, like, black new wave album.
I didn’t realize I was new wave until this project. Thus my connection with [the graphic designer] Peter Saville, with Raf Simons, with high-end fashion, with minor chords. I hadn’t heard new wave! But I am a black new wave artist.

Dat impact.

HiResDes

Listened to Born Sinner again. Can't shake the feeling that there is greatness underneath this but it's showered with a bunch of sameyness all over. But the best songs are SO GOOD. Power Trip, Trouble, Rich N***az, Crooked Smile, Let Nas Down and Born Sinner are all amazing songs.

Fuck the haters, Let Nas Down is dope as fuck. I love the story, how he tells it, all the contemplation, it's real shit and something I think everyone can relate to if they have an artist who's been through the label mishaps.

Bout to cop Born Sinner off of that song and the dope cover artwork alone.

Fuck Born Sinner. It should be renamed Born Loser.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Cincinnati, Ohio - Taft Theatre, With Ratking who stayed outside handing out merc for the rest of the night lol.

fuck, nice. Still waiting for them to head back to the Bay Area. buddy of mine is good friends with their tour manager. bout to slide into that shit for free.

HiResDes

Motherfucker heard Kendrick's shit and was like that shit's heavy I'm a sinner too, named his album, and proceeded to make Kanye's Graduation Tribute 101. Shit sounds like Diggy Simmons ghostwrote the album. It's a plain old navy-blue JanSport backpack. Born Sinner is the ode to rap fans who are tired of the shit they play on the radio because of its explicitness, but won't fuck with some truly underground shit out of the paranoia that they might say something that alienates them. J. Cole's nickname should be the treadmill, because he's getting run, but ain't going nowhere. His growth as an artist can only be compared to the likes of Benjamin Button.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Motherfucker heard Kendrick's shit and was like that shit's heavy I'm a sinner too, named his album, and proceeded to make Kanye's Graduation Tribute 101. Shit sounds like Diggy Simmons ghostwrote the album. It's a plain old navy-blue JanSport backpack. Born Sinner is the ode to rap fans who are tired of the shit they play on the radio because of its explicitness, but won't fuck with some truly underground shit out of the paranoia that they might say something that alienates them. J. Cole's nickname should be the treadmill, because he's getting run, but ain't going nowhere. His growth as an artist can only be compared to the likes of Benjamin Button.
uJNKH.png

HRD, you crazy for this one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wait

wait what

i mean who?

DominoKid

wait

wait what

i mean who?

stuck in the 90s folks. dont like the current shit beacuse its too explicit and direct. dont like the underground shit because it's weird as fuck. they just want boom bap, middle of the road, "real" hip hop, simple simon shit. makes perfect sense.

Esch

Banned
stuck in the 90s folks. dont like the current shit beacuse its too explicit and direct. dont like the underground shit because it's weird as fuck. they just want boom bap, middle of the road, "real" hip hop, simple simon shit. makes perfect sense.

Yeah, pretty much. Well. Stuck in the 90s- early 00s.

Recon

Banned

Go home Des, you're xboned.

HiResDes

I don't understand the outrage over what I said. The badass reply is quite irrelevant to my post. If you detect true hate you have poor reading comprehension. If I hated Cole I wouldn't have even bothered listening to Born Sinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom