• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Cole deserves it the way he was talking about himself and the album.

Shit, (unsurprisingly) Mac Miller put out a much better album than him.

iavi

Aside from PP, and Des' latest there, I don't get hate as much as I get indifference. Opinions on Born Sinner have actually been coming in kinda mixed here.

Popularity has nothing to do with it.

Sorry I meant if hes good.

Its weird cause like, artists that are definitely wack (Riff Raff, Future, Gucci Mane) get love around here

But artists who try to make good music get hated on.

Whatever though, I've learned to try not make sense out of the madness

HiResDes

Gucci used to be better, Raff is dope in spurts, and Future has leveled up tremendously for me. Karate Chop was a turning point, everything since has just clicked. Some of Cole's shit sounds forced, which is sad considering he's not even going for anything too monumental. It doesn't necessarily take a tremendous amount of time and effort to make something dope. Danny Brown made Grown Up in an hour. Music can be so momentous, even seemingly stupid and vapid shit can hit all of the right spots.

Detox

Gibbs going against Jizzle SMH, all the name drops he was going to put you on, the whole collabo mixtape and Jeezy moving to Atlantic as an exec to put him on didn't fail because of his lack of trying. Dumbass Gibbs pissed off the wrong people and he'll pay for it for the rest of his career.

I'm disappointed them two complemented each other really well.

DominoKid

Sorry I meant if hes good.

Its weird cause like, artists that are definitely wack (Riff Raff, Future, Gucci Mane) get love around here

your opinions are wack.
But artists who try to make good music get hated on.

Whatever though, I've learned to try not make sense out of the madness

you don't get points for effort. this aint elementary school. if your shit sucks, it sucks.

It always cracks me up to see Count Blackule get into these type of discussion, because I know for sure son eventually will bring up some trap rappers out of nowhere as a comparison. He secretly is that picture with that dude in the corner complaining why they are playing Gucci at a party and asking for some Logic

Just hand in your Danny Brown stan card. I'll hold it for you til I feel like you deserve it again

HiResDes

It always cracks me up to see Count Blackule get into these type of discussion, because I know for sure son eventually will bring up some trap rappers out of nowhere as a comparison. He secretly is that picture with that dude in the corner complaining why they are playing Gucci at a party and asking for some Logic

Just hand in your Danny Brown stan card. I'll hold it for you til I feel like you deserve it again

Mothersuckin Jitters, shakes fist.

DominoKid

i still don't know who this Logic guy is. it's probably better that way.

sn: any of you guys like Empire of the Sun? their new album is incredible.

sn 2: Hov's gonna drop a mixtape??? i can't picture that
Hs1EQG9.png
bC7qao7.png

myR1E8I.png
ZEjsFom.png

Aside from PP, and Des' latest there, I don't get hate as much as I get indifference. Opinions on Born Sinner have actually been coming in kinda mixed here.

Album is boring. Dude is still on that I'm just trying to make it shit. I understood where he was coming from before he dropped his debut but damn, what are you bringing to the table? Don't care for his songs for the females either.

Never listened to Empire of the Sun. I did listen to that Disclosure(?) was pretty fun, nothing really different not that it had to be, but it was very enjoyable.

Good looks on that picasso, didn't know that was out

HiResDes

Tguy if the tape is as good as this first track I might not make it to sleep. Going ham after an hour in a Death Grips pit and DIY Punk aftershow.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
A Hov mixtape could be very very dope. His old Hot 97 freestyles are god tier and if he goes the
other route and this is just a street album, thats even better.

artists that are definitely wack (Riff Raff, Future, Gucci Mane)

this is ignore list worthy
They're wack tho
your opinions are wack.
:(
I have no idea who Logic is lol. I try not to hate on rappers I find wack because they usually have the most fans on gaf hop. Personally I prefer trap music at party's since they're hype. But at home just chillin...nah
J.Cole is popular? Everyone I know either clowns him, or don't know him.
Wasn't talking about Cole in general, was just saying it seems like it goes.

I would post more but I'm at work on my phone :p I'll finish off this post later

Jay Sosa

Motherfucker heard Kendrick's shit and was like that shit's heavy I'm a sinner too, named his album, and proceeded to make Kanye's Graduation Tribute 101. Shit sounds like Diggy Simmons ghostwrote the album. It's a plain old navy-blue JanSport backpack. Born Sinner is the ode to rap fans who are tired of the shit they play on the radio because of its explicitness, but won't fuck with some truly underground shit out of the paranoia that they might say something that alienates them. J. Cole's nickname should be the treadmill, because he's getting run, but ain't going nowhere. His growth as an artist can only be compared to the likes of Benjamin Button.

Damn that kinda makes me interested in getting that album. Especially since the mixtapes you post lately..aren't my cup of tea...to put it nicely.

HiResDes

I figured that between the Das Racist split up Kool AD would be the one putting in the most work. Has heems even released anything this year?

Heems got most of his good beats from Kool AD and it seems like he's a guy that makes and burns bridges very rapidly. He hasn't released shit, and has even been killing features like last year.

Kool A.D.'s shit has been garbage except for this:

Esch

Banned
Hov giving the people free music just cause while Nasir wriggles and worms in the corner trying to make ends meet, I see.

Detox

Giving free music to tour or Irving Azoff going to stick it up his ass.

The true artist takes his time crafting a masterpiece not making throwaway garbage, history isn't going to remember money in 500yrs but they will remember Illmatic.

mooooose

Being honest I'm not digging the new Q. It's definitely a Kendrick beat more than a Q beat and the chorus is a Kendrick chorus. It'd be a really good Kendrick song.

mooooose

I disagree. I think Saab Stories goes hard for Bronson. It seems like his most honest piece of work and represents the "character" he has become perfectly.

Know I hit you wit dat dropkick, Marty Jennetty.

Edit - On that note, this is the project where Bronson learned how to make songs and not just spit the same flow on boom bap beats. The hooks he came with were surprisingly competent and memorable.

Double Edit - WOW RAEKWON ON A HARRY FRAUD BEAT, SPITTING LIKE HE CARES. I'M IMPRESSED. BEST VERSE I'VE HEARD FROM RAE IN A LONG TIME. COOLEST RAE RELATED THING I'VE HEARD SINCE 10 BRICKS.

CRS

El-P + Killer Mike = Run The Jewels
(You can listen now and has been out for a minute too)
Kitty prod by Hot Sugar
Metz
Dan Deacon
Friendzone ft Mykki Blanco

Autre Ne Veut
MadLib + Freddie Gibbs ft Karreim Riggins
Mac DeMarco
Lightning Bolt
Lil B
Marnie Stern
Captain Murphy ft Viktor Vaughn
Andy Stott
Pig Destroyer
Miguel

akdljsgfhasdkilghbakjslgdbsa

I can't.

Black Hippy concert last night was the shit, Reliant Arena became one big ass hotbox that night people were burning blunts as soon as Kid Ink opened. Concert was so live someone had a seizure next to me in the front and it kept on going.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bottom of the page but whatever:

D-Dot explains his problems with Kanye. Seems like a pretty petty beef, when he even gave him some publishing when he was desperate to get signed and the video stuff was probably out of Kanye's hands. And certainly doesn't prescribe acting like a bitch and leaking stuff from the MBDTF listening session. D-Dot broke the trust when it was all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom