• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Fucking work man. Taking my Yeezus time away. I need to hear it guys.

Also 20/20 is one of my favorite albums of this year for sure.

20/20 has some dope ideas but overall it's pretty forgettable. Hell I'm gonna delete that shit from my iPod right now.

lol @ Cole for sampling the same Sho Nuff track. I bet he thinks he did it better, too. And that is why he fails.

20/20 aoty. REALLY? no where near top ten. ya'll crazy. keep on getting distracted by shiny objects.

Honestly, I just haven't had as much fun with music this year, and Yeezus and The 20/20 Experience have both brought a smile to my face, whilst listening. Kanye's album is so super-serious that I can't help but laugh and enjoy it, and JT touched my pleasure receptors in all the right ways. kanyeshrug.gif

PBY

Banned
Honestly, I just haven't had as much fun with music this year, and Yeezus and The 20/20 Experience have both brought a smile to my face, whilst listening. Kanye's album is so super-serious that I can't help but laugh and enjoy it, and JT touched my pleasure receptors in all the right ways. kanyeshrug.gif
Of the big albums this year
- yeezus
- daft punk
- qotsa
- 20/20

DominoKid

What other big albums are coming this year besides Drake. I have no expectations for Em's album and not much for Jay either. 2020 pt 2 should be nice.

ARTPOP? O_O

What other big albums are coming this year besides Drake. I have no expectations for Em's album and not much for Jay either. 2020 pt 2 should be nice.

ARTPOP? O_O

Em, Pusha, and Big Sean's albums are the ones that spring into my mind. I expect Pusha to be in the recycle bin after one listen. No clue what Big Sean is doing.

Non hip-hop: New MGMT and NIN

HiResDes

My top ten this year would probably look like this:

Haxan Cloak - Excavation
Kanye West - Yeezus
Hyetal - Modern Worship
Calibre - Spill
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol.3
Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze
John Grant -Pale Green Ghosts
Deniro Farrar - The Patriarch
Rob Sonic - Alice in Thunderdome
Deafheaven - Sunbather

I don't give a fuck about how big or little an album is.

on further listens New Slaves isn't nearly as "controversial" as advertised, I withdraw the Spice-1 comparison. New nicca slavery="come buy more?" Does he think Justin Bieber and other white celebs don't get the same treatment from stores?

DominoKid

Em, Pusha, and Big Sean's albums are the ones that spring into my mind. I expect Pusha to be in the recycle bin after one listen. No clue what Big Sean is doing.

Non hip-hop: New MGMT and NIN

Cautiously hype about MGMT depending on which way they go. I liked that last album for a bit but the first one is where its at.

Jitters

My top ten this year would probably look like this:

Haxan Cloak - Excavation
Kanye West - Yeezus
Hyetal - Modern Worship
Calibre - Spill
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol.3
Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze
John Grant -Pale Green Ghosts
Deniro Farrar - The Patriarch
Rob Sonic - Alice in Thunderdome
Deafheaven - Sunbather

I don't give a fuck about how big or little an album is.

2ZiW1jE.gif

Kwixotik

on further listens New Slaves isn't nearly as "controversial" as advertised, I withdraw the Spice-1 comparison. New nicca slavery="come buy more?" Does he think Justin Bieber and other white celebs don't get the same treatment from stores?
I think its about what they're pushing. "All you blacks want all the same things"

HiResDes

The new Boards of Canada might replace Kurt Vile though. C'mon let's see other top ten lists, how hard is it to get a list cycle up in this bitch.

If I had to pick ten albums that have stood out the most so far this year (in no significant order):

Kanye West - Yeezus
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
Baths - Obsidian
The Ruby Suns - Christopher
James Blake - Overgrown
Local Natives - Hummingbird
Majical Cloudz - Impersonator
Iron & Wine - Ghost on Ghost
Jonny Wanser - #Hashtag Mixtape II

Jitters

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
Kanye West - Yeezus
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light
Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt
Mikal Cronin - MCII
DJ Koze - Amygdala
R.A. The Rugged Man- Legends Never Die
Kitty - D.A.I.S.Y. RAGE
The Uncluded - Hokey Fright
Autre Ne Veut - Anxiety
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
Yo La Tengo - Fade
Foxygen - We are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
John Grant - Pale Green Ghost

Top 15(because I'm a fucking rebel) off the top of my head, and I'm probably forgetting things too. I'll force myself to narrow down to 10 at the end of the year, which will be damn near impossible. This is in no order, btw.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Damn already posting top ten lists in here. I'm still just thinking about culling down 40 releases this year and we still got 6 more months!

Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
Kanye West - Yeezus
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 3: To See More Light
Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt
Mikal Cronin - MCII
DJ Koze - Amygdala
R.A. The Rugged Man- Legends Never Die
Kitty - D.A.I.S.Y. RAGE
The Uncluded - Hokey Fright
Autre Ne Veut - Anxiety
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away
Yo La Tengo - Fade
Foxygen - We are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
John Grant - Pale Green Ghost

Top 15(because I'm a fucking rebel) off the top of my head, and I'm probably forgetting things too. I'll force myself to narrow down to 10 at the end of the year, which will be damn near impossible. This is in no order, btw.

Good mother fucking choice right there. ShinobiFist approve.

cryptic

" can you get my benz in the club?"
This album physically hurts my ears and has some shit bars for a s'posed to be guaranteed good album. What happened when rappers would say to their features "come with it or do it again"?
Chief keef killed kanye on his own track short and sweet style.
Damn, I was reminded of this dilla beat by the album and realized I really dislike Kanye's style:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blxwMxuAcY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom