• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

the production on MBDTF is so diverse but still maintains a theme. every song stands out on it's own. I haven't heard an album with better production since. Ye won't top it.

if you think MBDTF is unpolished you must think Yeezus is 10x more

Completely agree. Its almost funny to me that folks think MBDTF is a mess. I feel like were not listening to the same album because MBDTF is Soul Train solid.

The only legit criticism I'll hear is the mastering.

DominoKid

Wale reeeeeeally shouldve dropped on the 18th. Either that or moved back about 2 weeks. Shit is D&N all over again. MMG needs to work on their timing.

overcast

Yeezus is so damn good. Going to let it sit for now. Not sure how much I like Bound as a closer, but I've listened to the album once. Kanye went fucking crazy for this one, in the best way possible.

cacophony

the 18th will be blessed by a real god

LIL B "100% PERCENT GUTTA" MIXTAPE DROPPING ON THE 18th !!!! WILL BE THE BIGGEST RELEASE #BASED MUSIC - Lil B

Detox

I only listened once and so far it's like 4 mics but is there thematic cohesiveness from the lyrics? I understand it is sonically but the lyrics didn't really feel like anything was being explored. That's what puts it down for me, for those who've already put in loads of listens what is this album about?

codhand

the transitions are better on yeezus but theres some great ones on twisted too, also that album set the tone. every rapper and their momma wanted a concept album after that.

although i prefer yeezus i still miss some of the straight sample based heat

some other stuff since everyone's doing it

johnny marr - the messenger
Low - invisible way
deerhunter - monomania
kurt vile - wakin on a pretty daze
my bloody valentine - mbv
(samuel locke ward) - weird guy from iowa makes albums every month for free
the national - trouble will find me
vampire weekend - modern vampires

oh yeah and nick cave's album is the shit too, thanks for reminding me Jitters

We're giving Dark Fantasy credit for the wave of concept albums (that came out two years later) now? I want to live in a world where we don't discuss that mess of an album. It's good but so overrated.

Nikki Minaj has the best verse on that shit. Swallow that L and listen to better music, ninjas.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
We're giving Dark Fantasy credit for the wave of concept albums (that came out two years later) now? I want to live in a world where we don't discuss that mess of an album. It's good but so overrated.

Nikki Minaj has the best verse on that shit. Swallow that L and listen to better music, ninjas.
She doesn't.

T Dollarz

Man, too much new shit. I'm overwhelmed.

J. Cole
Prodigy x Alchemist
Action Bronson x Harry Fraud
Mac Miller
Statik Selektah
Yeezus

...listened to the top four already and thought they were all pretty good...

I feel like the release of MBDTF was an event, with all the G.O.O.D. Friday buildup and all, and I don't feel that way with Yeezus, however, I am enjoying it more than MBDTF.

mbtdf is clearly the Mario sunshine to yeezus's galaxy. clumsy, unpolished, kind of stupid

Galaxy fucking sucked ass. The game I mean.

And don't you fuckers dare to come out now and say WTT is good. I got shit on left and right a year ago when I was saying that. The only person to agree with me was Ace, and even then he said it only had some okay songs.

I think it was Ace anyways

iavi

I've been saying WTT was an 'okay' album from the get go, homie. It wasn't amazing, and it didn't have much staying power, but it was hype, and does get revisited every once and a while

MBDTF was Kanye unhinged. Over produced, no one telling him shit, etc. Remember how much nearly every track evolved after the initial leak, and how different both versions were from most Good Friday versions? IMO it's basically what Late Registration would have been without Jon Brion.

It's a good album, but I don't think it was in my top 5 that year. Highly overrated.

IrishNinja

Galaxy fucking sucked ass. The game I mean.

And don't you fuckers dare to come out now and say WTT is good. I got shit on left and right a year ago when I was saying that. The only person to agree with me was Ace, and even then he said it only had some okay songs.

I think it was Ace anyways

pretty sure it was me, and if you're saying sunshine > galaxy you're crazy

64 > both tho

DominoKid

"and my niggas they cant control meeeeeeeeeeee"

beat reminds me of the Tron soundtrack. Im surprised Daft Punk didn't work on that unless I misread the credits.

nah. beat reminds me of some 90s moby michael mann shit. end scene from heat instantly sprang to mind when i was listening to hold my liquor. best track on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom