• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What do you guys think of WTT looking back? Still a solid album with some great tracks. Lift off is the worst Ye song ever though. Yes, worse than drunk and hot girls.
Okay album with really high highs. Wouldn't call it mediocre with the amount of incredible songs on there (New Day/N***as in Paris/IMA/Why I Love You/Murder To Excellence etc.) but it's lacking a certain something.

Lift Off is one of the okay songs but it's dope.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I like to retroactively judge albums by how much I actually listen to the damn thing. WTT got 5 plays from me, No Church in the Wild got about 13.

Kwixotik

Damn are you checking out my list lol.

Sort of. Those are the only two I listened to, but I was going through Pitchfork's BNM and recognized those two. I like Excavation as a concept, but iunno about its listenability lol. I'm gonna listen to it again later though. Deafheaven, on the other hand, I was feeling immediately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Worst track on Yeezus is I'm In It, followed by Bound 2. Bound 2 could've been something great, but the back and forth is a bit tiring. I wish he just let the sample ride and let the last 1/3 of the song be Charlie Wilson making love to my ears. Everytime Charlie Wilson get's cut I go :/ Bound 2 is also the least impressive lyrically, Ye's delivery isn't the best.

HiResDes

Worst track on Yeezus is I'm In It, followed by Bound 2. Bound 2 could've been something great, but the back and forth is a bit tiring. I wish he just let the sample ride and let the last 1/3 of the song be Charlie Wilson making love to my ears. Everytime Charlie Wilson get's cut I go :/ Bound 2 is also the least impressive lyrically, Ye's delivery isn't the best.

Yeah Bound 2 is kind out of place too. Man even the chorus of Kush Coma has really grown on me, so excited for Old. I've never lost faith.

cacophony

Worst track on Yeezus is I'm In It

121e3w6.gif

I like the synth transitions on I'm In It, especially when he starts talking about buying condoms. Plus it has made me interested in fisting.

Bound 2 is Kanye coming full circle IMO. It's such a dope mixture of his past styles, similar to Blood On The Leaves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't like the beginning to I'm In It. When it gets going and it's switching between the singing and Ye doing the hook, that shit is dope cause it keeps you moving. All the best parts of Yeezus for me are the parts that get you dancing/bopping your head outside of New Slaves.

I still can't figure out who is singing on that song and Send It Up though. Kinda dying to have the real credits come out for this thing.

DominoKid

What do you guys think of WTT looking back? Still a solid album with some great tracks. Lift off is the worst Ye song ever though. Yes, worse than drunk and hot girls.

great album just like i thought it was back then. ye carried the shit out of jay.
idk what folks didn't like about it. all of the folks bitching for the soul samples should love it since that's like half the album.

Macca

Okay album with really high highs. Wouldn't call it mediocre with the amount of incredible songs on there (New Day/N***as in Paris/IMA/Why I Love You/Murder To Excellence etc.) but it's lacking a certain something.
I feel the same way about Cruel Summer.

Also, CS or WTT?

IrishNinja

36 - yeah cant stop with blood on the leaves either

Lift Off is one of the okay songs but it's dope.

gotta have it + no church in the wild get left off too many lists, loved both of those

WTT by far because I hate Big Sean

also this...CS just got less rotation from me overall

HiResDes

Why would anyone like an album where Jay sounds like he's getting Alzheimer's throughout and Yeezy has to carry him on his back through every track and doing his best to cover up Jay's filler with out of place features and gaudy production.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why would anyone like an album where Jay sounds like he's getting Alzheimer's throughout and Yeezy has to carry him on his back through every track and doing his best to cover up Jay's filler with out of place features and gaudy production.
Out of place features? I'll give you Made in America and that's it. Beyonce, Frank on No Church in the Wild, KiD CuDi, Curtis Mayfield and Mr. Hudson all work well on their respective songs.

IrishNinja

settle down, bof ya'll are bums

indeed, I can't deny that WTT was shit.

:lolbron:

for real though, you didn't even like the ones enzo & i listed? i'm not at all saying it didn't have skippable tracks, just thought the highs were higher than the lows, the radio killing a few singles notwithstanding

lazy jay verses & over-produced stuff for ye is what you're gonna get when dudes show up, you have to expect that. the fact i can still enjoy tracks from it, versus other stuff they've done/been on in recent years is what works for me here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom