• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am a huge F&F stan and F&F6 was mildly disappointing. Somehow they took the awesome cheese of the previous movies and replaced most of it with your typical bad movie cheese. The Rock is the biggest offender. Still liked it, just disappointed coming off of 5.

thabiz

artworks-000048302737-q6o5ie-t200x200.jpg

Don Anthony - 4 Year Plan EP

did you like superman returns?

Im not a Superman fan in general. But I enjoyed Returns. Didn't love it or hate it.

This is The End was hilarious

No doubt. Really great movie!

Enzo man, that movie was so outrageously ridiculous that it was great. Didn't feel like a FnF movie though. Still great if you don't take it seriously whatsoever. Also the extra scene at the end... God damn Im hyped.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo man, that movie was so outrageously ridiculous that it was great. Didn't feel like a FnF movie though. Still great if you don't take it seriously whatsoever. Also the extra scene at the end... God damn Im hyped.
Yeah I'm sad that even with the hype after-credits scene, the next movie is not being directed by the guy who did the rest as it's being fast tracked. Hope it's still awesome.

Yeah I'm sad that even with the hype after-credits scene, the next movie is not being directed by the guy who did the rest as it's being fast tracked. Hope it's still awesome.

Really? I thought they were filming back to back? Damn thats bad to hear. That extra scene though. Never ever have I said "Oh shit!!" in a movie until then.

Irish, go see it. Smoke up before hand and prepare to laugh your ass off.

jbug617

Banned
Jay-Z just announced a new album via commercial. It's coming out July 4th and the commercial features Pharell, Timberland, Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz and Jay in a studio listening to beats.

Album called Magna Carta Holy Grail

Oozer3993

Apparently Jay-Z is dropping a new album on July 4th with production from Rick Rubin, Pharrell, Timbo, and Swizz Beats. At least, that seemed to be the gist of the commercial he did with Samsung that was just shown during the NBA Finals.

Edit: Curse you jbug!

As the Miami Heat faced off against the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 of the NBA finals Sunday night, a curious TV ad aired near the end of the second quarter featuring rap star Jay-Z in a studio, riffing with a cast of characters including producer Rick Rubin and artist Pharrell Williams. At one point, a member of the posse is shown taking notes on a tablet device. More than two minutes into the three-minute video Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE +0.29%’s tagline flashes across the screen: “The Next Big Thing.”

The connection: Samsung has purchased 1 million copies of Jay-Z’s coming album, entitled “Magna Carta Holy Grail,” slated for release July 4, and plans to give them to Samsung Galaxy smartphone users for free – 72 hours ahead of the release. The users are to receive the music through an app they’ll receive later this month. (Recipients won’t be able to share it until the official release date.)

Jay already gone platinum...

Ephemeris

That commercial brought out the Hov stan in me for a minute.

Seems like Samsung is also gonna give the album to the first million Galaxy S3/4/Note downloads? shhhieeet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jay-Z just announced a new album via commercial. It's coming out July 4th and the commercial features Pharell, Timberland, Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz and Jay in a studio listening to beats.

Album called Magna Carta Holy Grail
Out of fucking nowhere.

I said I couldn't get excited about a new Jay album.. but Rick Rubin and Timbo gets me hype and just makes me think of The Black Album.

If you guys had to make an LP. Which of those producers would you choose to produce the whole thing?

Personally, I would choose Timbo then Pharrell.

Don't really care for Swizz

Nah that shit was dope. Well worth the price of admission. although i recoiled a bit at the thought of a $7.50 matinee. gotta start keeping my student ID on me for the discount again.

Dude levels an entire fucking city, puts a tie and some glasses on and all of a sudden no one recognises him?

Why he didn't just bust out that neckbreaker off the bat rather than punching each other across town the whole movie? That shaky cam effect shit pissed me off too.

€9.50 is a student discount here. €11.50 regular

DominoKid

Hov's a business, MAAAAAAAAAN!
that album title is hilarious to me though.

Dude levels an entire fucking city, puts a tie and some glasses on and all of a sudden no one recognises him?

Why he didn't just bust out that neckbreaker off the bat rather than punching each other across town the whole movie? That shaky cam effect shit pissed me off too.

€9.50 is a student discount here. €11.50 regular

because we need that DBZ action.
i never cared much for the glasses disguise thing w/ Supes though.
i don't even like Supes but i cannot hate on this movie and lord knows i wanted to.

illadelph

If you guys had to make an LP. Which of those producers would you choose to produce the whole thing?

Personally, I would choose Timbo then Pharrell.

Don't really care for Swizz

Rick Rubin da god > Timbo > Pharrell >>>>>>Swizz

And I don't even got a problem with Swizz, it's just the other three dudes shit on him

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All of the beats in that video except maybe the first sound like FIRE though. Plus watching Timbo vibe to a beat immediately makes it sound more hype too.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Rick Rubin da god > Timbo > Pharrell >>>>>>Swizz

And I don't even got a problem with Swizz, it's just the other three dudes shit on him

Okay, Rick Rubin did some good shit. No doubt. Timbo is a classic, I can give you that. But when you put motherfucking skateboard P over The Greatest Producer of All Goddamn Time, you've lost your motherfucking mind.

Pharrell? Fucking Pharrell better than the guy who did all this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swizz_Beatz_production_discography

Fuck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom