• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

xqtSY7X.png

ahaha

ps yeah I'm in it is the one track i skip so far on re-listens

Damn that Jay advert brought me straight back to that '03 Black Album hype.
Timmy is fat again, Pharrell got the suspect clothing on again, Rick is just chilling again, Swizz is fetching drinks again... we right back there!

That studio pic of Jay, Tim, Kanye and Nas must be for this album. Fuuuuuccccckkkkk.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Timmy is fat again, Pharrell got the suspect clothing on again, Rick is just chilling again, Swizz is fetching drinks again... we right back there!

That studio pic of Jay, Tim, Kanye and Nas must be for this album. Fuuuuuccccckkkkk.
dead

Detox

Great charter holy grail shit don't make sense, probably running out of ideas from Big's rhyme book. Still the android deal makes sense considering Khaled got the iTunes hookup on lock. Roc boys make way for Q3 /4 classics under Khaled, Em, Wu, Young JZA and The Don.

Would love to see him go against Stay Trippy.

Dereck

So much truth.

no thats ones different, the part with the 808s + the drums together and some of the screams

I actually didn't finish to get to the chorus part. Before that it sounded pretty much the same to me. I guess the chorus part sounds a bit more powerful

Iamsu! Kilt 2 is really damn solid

Detox

New track from a group I work with as an audio engineer/producer/web designer/and a bit of everything else, please take a second to listen and give feed back. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUSULND-re0
I love the beat it's fantastic but I really didn't like the flows used. They should try being more smooth and conversational rather than emphasising the rhyming word on every single bar. Might be good as slight switch up but I didn't like it over the course of the song.
Gaf-hop, I actually finished a beat in MASCHINE.

https://soundcloud.com/kiinda101/kiinda

Lemme know what you think!

It's on that grimyIdon'tknowwhatthefuckI'mdoingbutIlikeit tip.
Nice beat especially if it's your first finished one. I've been experimenting with making beats and it's really hard to get something that you can call complete. Keep us updated on your work!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
man, I need to learn how to play the keys.. making melodies is killing me..

SadAli

Neo Member
yo the beats in that commercial tho

Indeed. As long as the cameo choruses by Mr Hudson and the like are kept to a minimum then I'm down for this. Not expecting much from Jay verse wise but the nostalgia of the producer line up alone is enough to get me on board.

Also, listened to Yeezus and, on first listen, am once again impressed by Kanye's ability to pull in influences, reinvent his style and not miss a beat. Need to let it mature before I know whether it's something I'm going to revisit much but, Bound apart, he sure has mastered getting an album to flow from track to track. I'm On It sounds curiously British.

Special props for keeping it to 10 tracks as well - admittedly these days you have to be solvent to lose out on the extra cash but sometimes it really pays to not throw on ten Japanese Itunes bonus tracks.

Esch

Banned
Great charter holy grail shit don't make sense, probably running out of ideas from Big's rhyme book. Still the android deal makes sense considering Khaled got the iTunes hookup on lock. Roc boys make way for Q3 /4 classics under Khaled, Em, Wu, Young JZA and The Don.

Would love to see him go against Stay Trippy.
You would love to see Juicy J go against the guy with more platinum and gold albums than any rapper in history?

laff.gif

also that mr. itunes talk got me to hit up KTT...i see why ya'll voyeur shit sometimes
You're better than this.

Detox

You would love to see Juicy J go against the guy with more platinum and gold albums than any rapper in history?

laff.gif

You're better than this.
Jus know Juicy's album going to have more hits weoutchea

Khalil is good but the west been missing those melodies on the keys since Scott Storch went broke and now Dre keeps everything. Shame we'll never hear them.

Detox

Realtalk Em going to sell more than Jay even with the 1m advance.

Jus know I said Kendrick would go plat when y'all talking about the struggle to gold

Esch

Banned
No he won't. 1mill out the gate is huge.

lol at you desperately trying to find someones nuts to cling to because Naus will never even go gold again, its so sad friends. at least PD knows better.

codhand

the deal was for $5 an album, so that's half a mill of regular $10 lps, not saying it isnt still huge, just putting that out there.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Realtalk Em going to sell more than Jay even with the 1m advance.

Jus know I said Kendrick would go plat when y'all talking about the struggle to gold

I said Kendrick was going platinum from the beginning, too. Em will outsell Jay. That's a given. But Juicy J?

Come on. Stop embarrassing us.

Detox

No he won't. 1mill out the gate is huge.

lol at you desperately trying to find someones nuts to cling to because Naus will never even go gold again, its so sad friends. at least PD knows better.
Nas is tied 2nd most billboard #1's in hiphop, Jay sold his soul and makes dumb music and while Em is great he has a colour advantage.

Em is 5-6 times plat in the US (over ten WW) on his last album. Let's see WTT if we are generous went 2 times plat by now and probably (3/4 incl WW), similarly BP3 did 3m and maybe 4 WW (he is nowhere near as big worldwide in album sales). Even if he pulls another NiP or Empire he still isn't selling more than Em with the million advantage.

Em won't even sign a dumb deal like that he can move the million for full price easy

DominoKid

I just want to say that I enjoy the fact that we have hardcore Nas stans on here. I don't even agree w/ yall most of the time, but I'm so tired of the Hov stans in my life that it's actually refreshing. You can't tell em shit because they lap up and regurgitate that same scoreboard rhetoric that dear leader has carefully crafted his image around.

njean777

I just want to say that I enjoy the fact that we have hardcore Nas stans on here. I don't even agree w/ yall most of the time, but I'm so tired of the Hov stans in my life that it's actually refreshing. You can't tell em shit because they lap up and regurgitate that same scoreboard rhetoric that dear leader has carefully crafted his image around.

I like them both to be honest. The whole beef they had was stupid imo. But to each their own I guess.

DominoKid

I like them both to be honest. The whole beef they had was stupid imo. But to each their own I guess.

it's at the point where i don't even care one way or the other anymore. i sort of like Nas and i like a handful of Jay-Z albums. in an argument i'm more likely to take Nas' side because it's fun to antagonize Hov stans about how safe he takes it.

sn: Ebro's twitter is hilarious right now. Yeezus got the streets out here mad as fuck and Ebro is stoking the flames.

Cudder

Man of Steel was good enough. Definitely had flaws in writing and straight up odd editing at times. Pretty corny too. But a decent start.

Before Midnight is my current movie of the year. Need to watch Frances Ha and Fast 6 though.

There isn't enough wine and bread in the world to match the amount of cheese in Fast 6. Fucking terrible compared to 5.

Esch

Banned
it's at the point where i don't even care one way or the other anymore. i sort of like Nas and i like a handful of Jay-Z albums. in an argument i'm more likely to take Nas' side because it's fun to antagonize Hov stans about how safe he takes it.

sn: Ebro's twitter is hilarious right now. Yeezus got the streets out here mad as fuck and Ebro is stoking the flames.

I'm like you, I generally like Jay and Nas about equally. They have an equal number of albums i enjoy more or less, though Jay definitely has more AAA+ songs. I switch up my side/trolling depending on where I am. If it's real life where nobody gives a fuck about Nas, i'll defend the albums that people think are shitty or irrelevant like IWW and Stillmatic, because they're good and most people are ignorant.. If it's on the internet, i'll take Jay's side because Nausir stans are some of the strangest people on the planet. You've got guys saying that Jay sold out and sold his soul and then backing Eminem's new pop shit. Straight guys talking about "how handsome Nas is for his age". Bunch of weird, bitter hypocrites. I find it funny they still have the hots for camel even though him and Jay have clearly buried the hatchet.
If I want to watch a dumb movie with the bros do I go for fast 6 or superman?
Fast Six, i dont know why its getting so much hate ITT.

It has the Rock fighting the guy from the I Am Disappoint meme, what else do you need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom