• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I really hate the praise dream gets. Nice voice but I've never liked his music. I feel like it's just pandering to the R&B audience in a failed attempt to try and bring something new to the genre. he just falls so short. .

Esch

Banned
Its kinda hard to pander to a core audience and be experimental at the same time, almost by definition really. Anyway its not like Dream has the rabid, militant stans that Ocean and Weeknd have, why get bent out of shape over people liking him?

Esch

Banned
who the fuck is The Dream? Seriously. I've never heard of him.
hes one of those unorhodox RnB cats like Ocean and Fauntleroy who originally got put on by making pop hits. iirc he wrote Baby and Single Ladies, lol. there are like 6 people in this topic that give a shit about him so youre not alone.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Its kinda hard to pander to a core audience and be experimental at the same time, almost by definition really. Anyway its not like Dream has the rabid, militant stans that Ocean and Weeknd have, why get bent out of shape over people liking him?
I was being hyperbolic. Hate is a strong word. I meant to say confused. I know it's a contradiction but somehow I feel like he's pulling it off. People really like him even though the music is just not there. Whenever I hear people talking about R&B in general I hear the dream.

Esch

Banned
I was being hyperbolic. Hate is a strong word. I meant to say confused. I know it's a contradiction but somehow I feel like he's pulling it off. People really like him even though the music is just not there. Whenever I hear people talking about R&B in general I hear the dream.
i like him but youre right, i dont really think hes capable of a amazing coherent project, but i think that he does hit the spot for me on occasion... i think he often does better working on other peoples shit.

DominoKid

After the bullshit that was the MTV list, here is the Bloggerati (stupid name, i know) list. The Bloggerati is editors from the top blog sites. HipHopDX, Smoking Section, Rap Up, etc.

The top MC's for 2012.

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Nas
3. Action Bronson
4. Freddie Gibbs
5. Killer Mike
6. Pusha T
7. Drake
8. Roc Marciano
9. Kanye West
10. Big K.R.I.T.

mike-myers-7.jpg

I'm a little verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves.

MTV list was better. Hip hop writers crack me up w/ these agendas.

coldvein

Banned
After the bullshit that was the MTV list, here is the Bloggerati (stupid name, i know) list. The Bloggerati is editors from the top blog sites. HipHopDX, Smoking Section, Rap Up, etc.

The top MC's for 2012.

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Nas
3. Action Bronson
4. Freddie Gibbs
5. Killer Mike
6. Pusha T
7. Drake
8. Roc Marciano
9. Kanye West
10. Big K.R.I.T.

mike-myers-7.jpg

no macklemore no list

The top MC's for 2012.

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Nas
3. Action Bronson
4. Freddie Gibbs
5. Killer Mike
6. Pusha T
7. Drake
8. Roc Marciano
9. Kanye West
10. Big K.R.I.T.

mike-myers-7.jpg

I fucks with this list. "Top MCs" is different from "hottest MCs."

DominoKid

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

eh The-Dream doesnt really have a lot of big solo stuff. maybe like 2 or 3 songs.

i'd bet people have heard a lot more stuff from him than they realize. writing, production. he's got a signature. you just know it when you hear it. like an R. Kelly written song.

Jay Sosa

Wait. Do people actually not like the Dream?

I bought two albums cause they were like 5 bucks, they're alright but nothing special. Loved his tape that come out one or two years ago though cause it was more personal(1977)

He's very talented but most of his stuff is just too poppy and generic.

T Dollarz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom