• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned

tumblr_mb4cerntNz1rhubw5o1_500.gif

DominoKid

the heatmakerz working on kanye's new album...well alright then.

Sounds like Kanye West is making a soulful return to his sonic roots. Yes, Yeezy has spread his musical wings past the swift soul samples he used to make his name in the early 2000s with tracks like Hov's "Izzo" and Twista's "Overnight Celebrity." Now, the G.O.O.D. Music leader just may be making a return to the type of tunes that made him famous.

Kanye West Reached Out To Rsonist For The Heatmakerz Sound
"I got a record on Kanye's new project that I guess he's been working on for a minute now," Heatmakerz producer Rsonist told MTV News. "Anybody that's familiar with Heatmakerz, it's old-school, epic Heatmakerz, like soul music at its best. Kanye reached out to us because he wanted that old Heatmakerz sound."

In his early days West's signature was a soulful-yet-speedy sound where he'd raise the pitch on old-school samples like Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes "I Miss You" and the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back" to make new hits for Jay-Z's Roc-A-Fella Record label. Kanye didn't invent the sound, nor was he the only one doing it, but he certainly popularized it. The Heatmakerz, a successful New York production outfit, were also making similar styled beats producing for Cam'ron's Diplomats ("I'm Ready," "Dipset Anthem") and Lil Wayne ("Receipt"). Most recently, Rsonist and the Heatmakerz collaborated with Bronx, New York, MC Fred the Godson on his new Contraband mixtape.

Yeezy has added other sounds to his production palette. On his 2005 album Late Registration, West partnered with noted musician Jon Brion and included more live instrumentation in his music, and then with 2008's 808s & Heartbreak, he began to experiment with Auto-Tune and more melodic arrangements. There is no telling where Kanye's audio will go on his upcoming sixth solo LP, but according to Rsonist, for at least one track, we'll get a glimpse of the old 'Ye. "We all came up together during the whole Jay-Z Roc-A-Fella era and all that so yeah, it's typical Heatmakerz," he described. "Old-school soul music. It's dope."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also calling Boyz II Men a boy band should get you water boarded for supporting terrorism

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
they never left. they just arent the focal point.
True.

From everyone working on Kanye's next solo, it'd hard to even infer what kind of sound it'll have or if it will even be as cohesive in that regard as everything else he's put out. I'd rather it not be CSII.

CRS

What you gon do, presidential, FILA, Real N***a Roll Call, Some Cut, Go to Church.

Dude's got a ton of hits.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
What you gon do, presidential, FILA, Real N***a Roll Call, Some Cut, Go to Church.

Dude's got a ton of hits.
Yeah

It's why listening to his music now is so sad

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10:00 or so, Cons says Joe got some gay texts on his phone that he left at the scene.

Then he says he broke the phone out of frustration, nice way to avoid showing actual proof hahahahah

#WhosDerek

Esch

Banned
Am I about to download a Yelawolf mixtape right now?

naw im gonna play titan quest instead fuck that guy, fuck his life etc etc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There was a drought for like a month and all of a sudden this week there are like a hundred releases, goddamn. Can't keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom