• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am gonna go on my old man rant but....

I miss the days when all rapper "publicly" just rapped about was using Weed and Alcohol. Yeah they did other stuff but at least there was shame in that stuffs use now theirs Drank, Molly, Blow.... I mean Lil Wayne's people are trying to save face but everyone knows what happened. These dudes are spokespersons for a ton of dangerous drug use and yeah I know alcohol is extremely dangerous as well but at least you werent mixing it with other stuff. If/When he pulls through I hope he changes his life and maybe speaks on the issue of the danger of drugs.
I honestly believe rappers will never stop promoting all the dumb shit they do. People like hearing that ignorant shit, and people still like being dumbasses and taking the drugs in the first place. Vicious cycle.

Esch

Banned
God damn I love DJ Screw.

What are some releases you guys think are perfect to smoke to? I'm partial to DJ Screw's mixtapes, UGK's Ridin' Dirty, Triple Six Mafia's Underground Vol. 1 and J. Rocc's Thank You Jay Dee Act 1 mix.
dont chief anymore but when i did:

cannibal ox the coldvein
anything doom or nujabes
anything wu

overcast

Can't believe this weezy shit. Hate dudes music, but damn. Should have learned his lesson though.

Hope he pulls through.

RIP Gucci/Waka team.

DominoKid

What are some releases you guys think are perfect to smoke to? I'm partial to DJ Screw's mixtapes, UGK's Ridin' Dirty, Triple Six Mafia's Underground Vol. 1 and J. Rocc's Thank You Jay Dee Act 1 mix.

Captain Murphy. The voice changes are trippy.

overcast

Pilot Talk 1 for sure. Covert Coup is nice too.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Trying to catch up music. That yelawolf is ...i dont know, some good tracks, box chevy 4 is bullshit though, what a waste. Still need more listens.

That Bishop Nehru is pretty damn nice, wish the quality was better

The Roosh Williams tape though...so fucking good

edit: damn this Torae is sick too

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Trying to catch up music. That yelawolf is ...i dont know, some good tracks, box chevy 4 is bullshit though, what a waste. Still need more listens.

it's alright, just accept the hatred. let it flow through you and become part of association with yelawolf...pure hatred.

Tokubestu got me into Augustus Pablo... shit just mellows my mind out, even when I'm not high.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Someone brought it up on twitter. All rap weed carriers should be certified EMTs. Spend some of that money send the mack maine's and chevy woods of the world to emt/nursing school. Weed carrier might save your life.

Mack Maine? Cash Money president?

PBY

Banned
Iggy A: “I was in Paris this week. I’m on tour with Nas. And I was lucky enough to get to go to Kanye West’s house after my show with Nas and check his new album out, which is so good…really sounding like a progression to Dark Twisted Fantasy. It is so awesome! I can’t even explain to you guys. It made me feel so Kanye West inspired.”
http://teamkanyedaily.tumblr.com/post/45489811558

WHAT THE FUUUUUUG

Why does Iggy A get an exclusive listen, so jelly

Damn hopefully that means it's coming out this year. It's probably my most anticipated album though I don't see him topping MBDTF or CD, should still be fucking awesome though.

iavi

They haven't been good in a second, but all the talk and back and forth makes for fun as fuck times in the music scene.

Kad5

What screw tapes do you guys like to listen to?

So far I have All Screwed Up and 3 in da mornin' part 2 and I like both of them a lot. Any other recommendations you guys can give me?

iavi

Ace, yo, really, can I have my name back now? Weezy's barely living and this name just doesn't feel right AT ALL.

Esch

Banned
Which albums would you suggest?
literally anything nujabes is good, and for wu and doom just pick the good ones. i never got this whole 'THIS is what you listen to when you get high' dealie. dont be such a goob about it and just play the things you like, lol...

iavi

literally anything nujabes is good, and for wu and doom just pick the good ones. i never got this whole 'THIS is what you listen to when you get high' dealie. dont be such a goob about it and just play the things you like, lol...

It's not even being a goob about it. Different music takes can take you to different areas. Nujabes puts me on a plane where shit's just green. Green everywhere. Deniro Ferrar, on the other hand, will have a dude seeing hell. It's all with being imaginative, bruh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon...berlake-performs-a-medley-of-his-hits/n33875/

Bandz A Make Her Dance
caught me off guard lol

Iggy A: “I was in Paris this week. I’m on tour with Nas. And I was lucky enough to get to go to Kanye West’s house after my show with Nas and check his new album out, which is so good…really sounding like a progression to Dark Twisted Fantasy. It is so awesome! I can’t even explain to you guys. It made me feel so Kanye West inspired.”

WHAT THE FUUUUUUG

is it too early for a Kanye's next solo thread? D;

DominoKid

WHAT THE FUUUUUUG

yeezy smashed.

Esch

Banned
It's not even being a goob about it. Different music takes can take you to different areas. Nujabes puts me on a plane where shit's just green. Green everywhere. Deniro Ferrar, on the other hand, will have a dude seeing hell. It's all with being imaginative, bruh.
birdman.png
I've taken my fair share of this and that and I'm just gonna be straight up with you. It's goobery. Drug nerdery. It makes you sound like you're in high school or some shit. Nobody's denying that drugs and moods and music combine to create a certain experience, but... Just listen to that shit you like instead of waxing poetic like a goof.

iavi

birdman.png
I've taken my fair share of this and that and I'm just gonna be straight up with you. It's goobery. Drug nerdery. It makes you sound like you're in high school or some shit. Nobody's denying that drugs and moods and music combine to create a certain experience, but... Just listen to that shit you like instead of waxing poetic like a goof.

Eh. Call it what you want. Like them both, listen to them both, Lil Ugly Mane and Nujabes aren't going to take you to the same place.

CRS

I agree with Miri but you want to listen to music that you already like and enjoy. That's what takes both the music and weed experience to the next level.

You don't want to listen to unfamiliar/new music when you're high. At least I wouldn't. When I know that the bass is about to kick in or a solo is coming up, I anticipate it and get this great sense of euphoria when it does come. Even when I'm sober, I would still get goosebumps.

One of my favorite examples is this moment in Pink Floyd's Dogs, when that guitar comes in. Shit's god-tier. I've noticed that I usually tend to stray away from hip-hop or take it in small doses. The bass hits a lot harder especially with a good set of cans or speakers but the repetitiveness wears down on me a bit.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUG

lol @ Kanye hanging out with Nas to make Jay mad. If it leads to some beats, so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom