• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bar is too high. Weeknd will get close though, I just fear labels may fuck it up.

What you mean? Fuck up the kind of music he does? I just couldn't see that honestly based off the sales he made off remastered. Seems like they would have a lot of faith in what he does.

Tokubetsu

Yo I keep playing that Bronson Morey Boogie Board track, one of the best tracks of the year.

It's okay.

What you mean? Fuck up the kind of music he does? I just couldn't see that honestly based off the sales he made off remastered. Seems like they would have a lot of faith in what he does.

I'm 100% okay with an album full of tracks like "twenty-eight" "valerie" and "till dawn"

Esch

Banned
Yo I keep playing that Bronson Morey Boogie Board track, one of the best tracks of the year.

I really think the Kool G track was a missed opportunity. First off he could have flipped the Guile theme for maximum win, but instead he (Fraud) put out something that sounds half like a RZA throwaway and half something J Dilla pooped out on the toilet.

And that Logic Ali guy annoys the shit out of me.

And he gives Mac Miller too many good beats.

Esch

Banned
or maybe quality emcees dont fit over harry fraud beats, my hypothesis is correct

even Danny Brown was on some
jdAQvyN94j156.png
shit, hottest emcee was boring.

Esch

Banned
yeah terrible beat. I'm sticking with what I'm saying. It's easily the worst harry fraud beat I've heard.
Can't cosign, even tons of beats on that tape are worse, Deep in the Game and She Love it for example are straight up unlistenable. Auto skip, generic trash.

Tokubetsu

not really, it was some cool ass nintendo bagpipes shit. It just wasnt an 'im better than all you' beat/set of verses.

Poor decisions.

Yeah. All the weed carriers and lames have the best tracks on Adrift. Chevy, Chinx...fucking Mac Miller. I keep going back to "Hold Up" that fucking beat man.

HiiiLife

I don't think I ever asked GAF who their favorite member is from Bone Thugs?

Well if you're a fan I mean.

Gotta go with Bizzy. Listening to Fried Day and man, smoooooove tunes.

Bishman

So you guys really think The Weeknd isn't going to sell? Just like how you underestimated J. Cole. Then Kendrick. SMH.

Name your bet... The Weeknd does 200k first week. Study what J. Cole, Kendrick + TDE, and Frank Ocean did and their success. That is the new formula.

Artist who have a true fan base, critical acclaim, underground + mainstream appeal will sell in this climate. The Weeknd is buzzing hot.

PBY

Banned
Y'all forgot how good 0-60 was, everybody overrating this tape just because it's the lane Yela should be in. It's a 5/10 tape at best.

Y'all forgot how good 0-60 was, everybody overrating this tape just because it's the lane Yela should be in. It's a 5/10 tape at best.

agreed. i thought this would be his return but it's not that good. the beats are lacking too, and i feel that's yela's fault because if he asked for trunk muzik beats he'd get trunk muzik beats.

i'm gonna go listen to hometown glory remix now.

PBY

Banned
agreed. i thought this would be his return but it's not that good. the beats are lacking too, and i feel that's yela's fault because if he asked for trunk muzik beats he'd get trunk muzik beats.

i'm gonna go listen to hometown glory remix now.
Beats are so weak- really not sure what he was going for. When Hammertime and Way Out dropped I thought that was the perfect sound, but then we got all these weird ass beats w wack drums that don't bump.

way out is good tho i'll agree. he flows so well with the beat. but then the rest are just...wtf. weak drums for sure and no coherent sound.

CRS

I don't think I ever asked GAF who their favorite member is from Bone Thugs?

Well if you're a fan I mean.

Gotta go with Bizzy. Listening to Fried Day and man, smoooooove tunes.

Krayzie and I know this is probably the last one you'd expect but Wish.

So you guys really think The Weeknd isn't going to sell? Just like how you underestimated J. Cole. Then Kendrick. SMH.

Name your bet... The Weeknd does 200k first week. Study what J. Cole, Kendrick + TDE, and Frank Ocean did and their success. That is the new formula.

Artist who have a true fan base, critical acclaim, underground + mainstream appeal will sell in this climate. The Weeknd is buzzing hot.
My dude, you lack some serious reading comprehension skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom