• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
cover.jpg

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/21335/drumma-boys-2k13-spring-bling-playlist.html

so this dropped

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What you mean? Fuck up the kind of music he does? I just couldn't see that honestly based off the sales he made off remastered. Seems like they would have a lot of faith in what he does.
I feel like they're going to just order more High For This' and maybe more Wicked Games', but I don't think that did nearly as well on radio. But I have biased Canadian perspective, so I don't know what spins were like in the USA.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So you guys really think The Weeknd isn't going to sell? Just like how you underestimated J. Cole. Then Kendrick. SMH.

Name your bet... The Weeknd does 200k first week. Study what J. Cole, Kendrick + TDE, and Frank Ocean did and their success. That is the new formula.

Artist who have a true fan base, critical acclaim, underground + mainstream appeal will sell in this climate. The Weeknd is buzzing hot.

Weeknd should sell well true none poppy RnB is not really out

But it's not some secret formula that if you have an established fanbase you will sell

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Weeknd's best song is D.D., easily. Then maybe Montreal and Birds Pt.2. My answer probably changes every time this is brought up though.

Esch

Banned
only Weeknd solo single ive heard on the radio is Wicked Games

thats his best song imo too
this.

he needs to just go ahead and try and incorporate his shit into dancier beats. those ChiDuly Weeknd remixes someone posted in OT5 were a perfect example of what he should roll with

Weeknd sold 300k off his old mixtapes alone (Trilogy). He's going to sell well once he actually releases something official, there's no doubt.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
this.

he needs to just go ahead and try and incorporate his shit into dancier beats. those ChiDuly Weeknd remixes someone posted in OT5 were a perfect example of what he should roll with
That mixtape is so godlike, I wouldn't mind he take that route either. I've listened to those probably more than any individual album of his.

That he is channeling MJ

That's a negative

When I say that I don't mean go in expecting a straight up gold MJ track, but it's pretty much undeniable that, that one specific song has a really,really noticeable MJ influence in comparison to his other tracks excluding D.D. obviously. I find it odd you disagree really.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Weeknd, Frank Ocean, James Faunterloy, Elijah Blake and Justin Timberlake should form a group and bring back the boy band in 2014. The sex appeal would be so high that they'd sell 4 billion albums. The entire female population and then some.

I'd love to see GAF-Hop arguing about N'Sync and shit years ago.

Esch

Banned
i could see 200k if he had more diversity on the album. some shit for the bitches, a REAL club banger, some good features... weeknd needs to address a greater diversity of subjects if he wants to strike it big. crooning about attempting to slay some jumpoff after you rail an oxy is kinda getting played out

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i could see 200k if he had more diversity on the album. some shit for the bitches, a REAL club banger, some good features... weeknd needs to address a greater diversity of subjects if he wants to strike it big. crooning about attempting to slay some jumpoff after you rail an oxy is kinda getting played out
Why does an R&B artist need a club banger?

And I hardly doubt the lack of diversity in subject matter means much in that genre, and Weeknd's schtick is still plenty fresh in most people's eyes. Second album, maybe then you should get worried.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why does an R&B artist need a club banger?

And I hardly doubt the lack of diversity in subject matter means much in that genre, and Weeknd's schtick is still plenty fresh in most people's eyes. Second album, maybe then you should get worried.
Too get radio play

Most super successful ones do

Mimi JT RKelly

Esch

Banned
naw people like the subject diversity. thats the only thing mr ocean has over him. the new rnb fan is like a white hipster. theyre approaching this on some pitchfork shit. like its radiohead or some shit.

cacophony

lol you got me wtching NSync vids on youtube. its funny realizing how its just 80% JT and 20% JC

even boy bands had their weed carriers

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Trilogy eventually did 300k? Damn I didn't know that. Yeah then dude will be a-okay sticking to his lane.

Whoever the dude was with the headband lost hard.

Man that dude was just a herb. The type to try to get a girl to come up to him by staring at her with the sexy eye.

Young Chop and Danny Brown? I'm looking forward to their track brehs. Chop has some heat and I've been waiting for him to give some to better rappers. Hell I think he could single handily revive Ross, who just sounds so meh over the boring trap shit he buys. Chop has some great stuff.

Young Chop and Danny Brown? I'm looking forward to their track brehs. Chop has some heat and I've been waiting for him to give some to better rappers. Hell I think he could single handily revive Ross, who just sounds so meh over the boring trap shit he buys. Chop has some great stuff.

i've only heard a few random songs and the stuff with keef. Any recs for young chop tapes/comps?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
boyz II men is the only correct answer. they were a man band, mand if you will. group if you wanna get all politically correct in this beezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom