• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i slept on that project. listened to it this year and it was really enjoyable. can't wait for captain murphy's next.

the beats were nice.

it's the best thing odd future's ever been affiliated with (aside from frank ocean)

CRS

i slept on that project. listened to it this year and it was really enjoyable. can't wait for captain murphy's next.

the beats were nice.

it's the best thing odd future's ever been affiliated with (aside from frank ocean)

It's more Flying Lotus than Odd Future.

Jitters

What do you mean? Like what type of people? I bet a lot of "hipsters", underground hip-hop heads and possibly some Odd Future fans? Sorta?

Like "real hip hop" or "hipster". I have a tough time defining the two, but I feel there are almost like two different types of fans. Kind of like what I was saying earlier, how only a certain group will like Das Racist and such, you know?

codhand

tumblr_m638ukFXvZ1r62e7ko1_500.gif

woo

ooo bonus cut

oooO dat Monday's Best hook

Ehhhhh

I want more electronic/future sounding stuff like Tronic from Black Milk. That album was great. And his flow/inflections are sounding more and more like Royce every year.
Can't listen now. Is it just dope drums with everything else wack, again? Live instrumentation only works if you can find a dope groove or sound IMO. His last album had some nice tracks but overall the production was forgettable. Few are fucking with his drums but you need more than that.

SwagJesus

Banned
If Lil Wayne is half retarted from his seizure...

There is a god. Please let this be the case. There is only so much pussy you can rub on your face.

I guess he does have some worries now.

Cudder

If Lil Wayne is half retarted from his seizure...

There is a god. Please let this be the case. There is only so much pussy you can rub on your face.

I guess he does have some worries now.

I haven't the slightest clue what the fuck you're trying to say.

PBY

Banned
Listening to a mixtape that was posted a page or 2 ago, and its straight fire- the one w/ budden/ab soul features. Wish I knew the name BUT THESE TAGS ARE ALL KINDS OF FUCKED UP.

royalan

Wassup GAF-HOP

Any audiophiles in here? You know - able to listen to a track and give a somewhat educated statement on the quality of its mastering?

I have a question. *.*

Tsu Surf - New Mood Mixtape

Kevin Durant and Surf - Want it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjYLkAHLZIE

Surf, Ab Soul, Fred Da God Son - Broken Dreams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmy-8ZlHeN8

Surf and Joe Buddem - Loaded Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlebaNpBQp0

Surf - Choices (Real Shit right here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6yesmVjuDg

give it a good listen... lyrics are worth a couple listens to get everything he puts together. Its the battle rapper in him

Listening to a mixtape that was posted a page or 2 ago, and its straight fire- the one w/ budden/ab soul features. Wish I knew the name BUT THESE TAGS ARE ALL KINDS OF FUCKED UP.

Also, lol at the Kitty dicussion last night and lol peterbro, sorry you get kitty instead of baauer

Kitty has an interesting tape. It's not terrible, she can kind of rap and it has some funny moments. I liked Cakes Da Killa's tape for the most part and it was pretty solid. I don't think either of these releases are best of, but a good start for both of them. Kitty needs something else though. I feel like she is a gimmick for the most part and it's hard to be interested in her. I loved Das Racist and they joked around a lot too, but they had a lot more going for them than Kitty currently does.

Jitters

Kitty has an interesting tape. It's not terrible, she can kind of rap and it has some funny moments. I liked Cakes Da Killa's tape for the most part and it was pretty solid. I don't think either of these releases are best of, but a good start for both of them. Kitty needs something else though. I feel like she is a gimmick for the most part and it's hard to be interested in her. I loved Das Racist and they joked around a lot too, but they had a lot more going for them than Kitty currently does.

Well, the main thing I was trying to say is, that if kitty was the best rapper around today(I like her quite a lot, but she isn't) she would struggle to be accepted by the community. That is what I was trying to say last night. It has nothing do with the music quality.

I can understand that hip-hop is sexist, but let's not act like it isn't the type of music Kitty makes. She is as niche as niche gets with the shit she does.

Jitters

I can understand that hip-hop is sexist, but let's not act like it isn't the type of music Kitty makes. She is as niche as niche gets with the shit she does.

I was just using her as an example. You see, you're still talking about the music. I said earlier it has nothing to do with the music. A little white girl will never be accepted.

People brought up the music last night, and I think my point was overlooked.

I didn't say anything about quality. I said the type of music she makes. Kitty makes niche music. It doesn't have a mainstream appeal. Plus, Kreayshawn was definitely accepted for a second before she flopped because she puts out terrible music and nothing even touched Gucci Gucci which was still just a decent song. Oh and the whole using nigga in videos too.

Jitters

I didn't say anything about quality. I said the type of music she makes. Plus, Kreayshawn was definitely for a second before she flopped because she puts out terrible music and nothing even touched Gucci Gucci which was still just a decent song.
Type/quality, I still mean the same thing.

Doesn't Iggy's recent popularity kind of disprove what you are saying?
I want to see how it goes before I say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom