• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

There are quite a few good releases that have come out since then. Especially more underground stuff that has been pushed around here. All types, what do you like?

tbh nothing has really grabbed me this year in terms of hip-hop
I've only heard indigioism, the rich boy tape, tokyo towers, asap, and HARK and there's some standout tracks but none of those releases I would classify as MUST HEAR

Esch

Banned
Gaf-Hop- Where people talk about a shit load of underground artists that will never matter.
i thought you grew up and left hip hop for good? go post on boxden or the coli or something instead of diarrheaing up in here.
tbh nothing has really grabbed me this year in terms of hip-hop
I've only heard indigioism, the rich boy tape, tiny towers, asap, and HARK and there's some standout tracks but none of those releases I would classify as MUST HEAR
listen to the new ethelwulf and inspectah deck dude.

SwagJesus

Banned
At the end of the day you can just hit that ignore button. I come here and shit cuz im bored. I just dont understand how so many like minded retards could come together under one topic and talk about so many corny ass rappers while shitting on artists that are actually doing great right now.

Have fun with ya fucking underground artists. At the end of the day I go back to work or home and forget about this dumb shit.

I am not going no where though yall misleading the lurkers lmao.

Now go on about your day talking about ass rappers who will never make it while I sit back and enjoy this frapppuccino I just got from the cafe at my workplace.

This post is hilarious hopefully I make the twitter.

Macca

At the end of the day you can just hit that ignore button. I come here and shit cuz im bored. I just dont understand how so many like minded retards could come together under one topic and talk about so many corny ass rappers while shitting on artists that are actually doing great right now.

Have fun with ya fucking underground artists. At the end of the day I go back to work or home and forget about this dumb shit.

Now go on about your day talking about ass rappers who will never make it while I sit back and enjoy this frapppuccino I just got from the cafe at my workplace.

This is as pathetic as tag fishing. Dude, you're retarted.

PBY

Banned

What is happening. Why would we need to come here for the mainstream stuff? Shit can be found on the radio.

I never understood why HRD & others were mean to you but after reading this post I understand all

Danny would need a huge club track to sell that much, I wouldn't hold my breath. Dude is doing super well, I don't think he cares about first week sales at this point. So glad this isn't 2004 anymore, he'd have no chance.

I spent 30 bucks on a cassette and T-Shirt last week, and have XXX on vinyl.

Do you have the white wax edition? I didn't cop it on RSD so I only have it on reg black. Still love it though

edit: i think old sales will do okay in the long run. Good reviews from major sites will do him a favor. I think first week sales will be weak though. I'd love to eat my words

Cudder

Danny would need a huge club track to sell that much, I wouldn't hold my breath. Dude is doing super well, I don't think he cares about first week sales at this point. So glad this isn't 2004 anymore, he'd have no chance.

I honestly think the reason he is doing "well" is because he's homies with all of the crews on the come up right now. Asap, TDE, etc. Touring with all of them is getting a lot of exposure. If he was on his own like he was for XXX and prior I'm not sure he would be on too many people's minds tbh, despite having well received works. Maybe I'm completely wrong though.

Esch

Banned
I honestly think the reason he is doing "well" is because he's homies with all of the crews on the come up right now. Asap, TDE, etc. Touring with all of them is getting a lot of exposure. If he was on his own like he was for XXX and prior I'm not sure he would be on too many people's minds tbh, despite having well received works. Maybe I'm completely wrong though.
youre overlooking the rapport he has with the hipster crowd and electronic people (he gets a lot of remix love), but he also just straight up did a ton of features too. tbh, not many artists 'stand on their own'. Asap toured with drake and got features, kendrick and q are affiliated with dre and did their own networking.

But XXX is why he is getting the amount of love he gets now.

caesar

Banned
He's doing well cos people just realising that XXX was better than anything released in 2012. Anytime he featured I'd be like fuck, that album was the shit... /put on xxx

In class so I can't hear it rn unfortunately, but I wonder if we'll see as many db features as we did last year. He was on ~30 tracks. If we get even half that, plus the album... Woof.

HiResDes

I remember when I'd be like yo XXX is one of the best rap albums of the past decade and people would be like you're fucking crazy.

Esch

Banned
oh fuck yeah i love paul white too

see thats what im talking about alot of these djs who usually stay in an electronic lane love danny

SwagJesus

Banned
Danny Brown will never have a major release and continue being a ratchet meth head while his fans he pulled from this hipster/electronic crowd talk about how they love hip-hop and how he is a good rapper.

Danny will continue to eat off these dumbass hippies while spending his money on you guessed it, More meth. While rapping about the dumbest shit no one should admire.

Will those teeth ever be fixed? Who knows.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Nah, you're right. But he fills that ODB niche that rap always needs. It's a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom