• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Q1 in entertainment always sucks. its what happens when industries bust that Q3,4 nut so now everybodys on their refractory periods. this is the best time for promising underground guys to build hype. or for intrinsically niche stuff to get dropped.

overcast

Yup. Movies and music are pretty awful in the first quarter. Games have been focusing pretty heavily in there though. Then games suck during summer, that's where music and summer movies come in. Fall is pretty awesome in general.

One big ass cycle.

T Dollarz

Damn Tyler, you're going to run through all of that?

Probably not lol so maybe over the next couple days. But I'm working on a graphic design project in Photoshop so I just listen to music the whole time.

How do you guys think music has been weak this quarter?! Take HRD, Biz, Esch, etc up on our recommendations. Man I have gotten so many dope albums/tapes in the past 2 months.

overcast

How do you guys think music has been weak this quarter?! Take HRD, Biz, Esch, etc up on our recommendations. Man I have gotten so many dope albums/tapes in the past 2 months.
Not bad music or anything. Just less "impact" for lack of a better word. Plenty of good music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick talks Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe Remix, didn't know Jay was going to hop on it, Jay being impressed with Kendrick and GKMC, Jay said he got in the studio after hearing it.

Nardwuar vs. Rakim & Eric B.

Snoop Lion ft. Drake & Cori B. - No Guns Allowed. Haven't listened yet. Might not.

It better feature the brains behind Tribe aka Consequence
Probably not with all the slick talking Cons has been doing about Tip.

It's okay. Original is so much better though.

Ross' verse is so garbage, doesn't work with the beat at all. Not even Juicy went as hard on it as he could've.

T Dollarz

Kendrick talks Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe Remix, didn't know Jay was going to hop on it, Jay being impressed with Kendrick and GKMC, Jay said he got in the studio after hearing it.

Nardwuar vs. Rakim & Eric B.

Snoop Lion ft. Drake & Cori B. - No Guns Allowed. Haven't listened yet. Might not.

Probably not with all the slick talking Cons has been doing about Tip.

It's okay. Original is so much better though.

Ross' verse is so garbage, doesn't work with the beat at all. Not even Juicy went as hard on it as he could've.

You bastard LOL

ibroeXcDIyhty0.gif

CRS

I think Nardwuar sacrificed quality for quantity at this year's SXSW. They don't seem to have the level of shine like his previous interviews.

HiResDes

HRD, i think you would really like that Daze N A Day.
Oh I'm definitely checking that and the Reef out
Severant is a dope project
Super dope
I like it more than Raw Hyde; it's depressing as shit though with tracks like Good Days, Addiction Cycles, In Retrograde.
I find depressing music to be cathartic, as someone who enjoys the second half of XXX.

Raw Hyde seems like a tape that needs a few listens to feel it out. Bit of an acquired taste--definitely unique though.

Really spot on on both accounts, if you've listened to Raw Hyde once you haven't really listened to it...You kinda have to be zoned out a little to really appreciate it.

The JZA had the best verse

2 Chainz had the best verse on All Gold.

Edit: Oh and CRS we gotta find out who has that white XXX, I will give them fifty bucks for it right now!...Along with my OG copy!

cacophony

yo God Bless America is fucking DOPE. one of the best wayne songs ive heard

but Hello & the bonus track ft Dre have to be 2 of the worst songs ive ever heard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom