• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I die in that game too quickly motherfuckers got catapults while I barely got arrows.

Dial back the difficulty. You gotta learn to tech to the right things for your Civ. Expand aggressively. You wanna be building cities fast and early, especially if you want them to be nice and tall by mid-end game. Rush buy buildings with gold to save production. Don't spend production on Wonders until you have a good standing army, and don't spam Wonders unless you're going for a cultural victory. The only early one I go for is The Great Library for the overall tech bonus. I can't do spamming cities everywhere, I like to build 3-7 tall cities and enjoy a huge tech advantage with some lean researching.

kamspy

DJ Envy just killed every Nas fan in NYC with that Jay mix.

Dat GOAT catalog doesn't even have a peer. Gooooooddddddaaaaaam

And it's still rocking. We get it Envy.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Civ is that game I bought and played one game of that lasted the entire day and didn't know that much time had passed. I stay away from it now like a fat dude stays away from MacDonalds

whats up everyone? new here, but i've lurked for years. heres my gaf-hop initiation. i look forward to having y'all shit on my choices hahaha.

Pick a coast to rep - East
Favorite Artist - Ghostface Killah
Best feature killer - Busta or Jada
Favourite producer - Alchemist
Favourite album - Supreme Clientele
What's in your playlist right now? - Magna Carta and good kid, m.A.A.d city

Rank Kanye's albums: LR>CD>>>>G>MBDTF>>>>>>>Yeezus>>>>>808s
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghostface
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghost
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? idk i really like The Lost Tapes
Who won? Jay-Z or Nas? Nas
Biggie or Pac? Biggie
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? hes a mentally challenged genius
How do you feel about Macklemore?
holeup.png

Welcome man. Fuck GAF-Hop, we all have shitty taste.

Detox

Charlamagne: Yeezus got like 4 good songs
Jay: that's good

Lol

Camel still rocking whiskers like a rat, will never have the goats perfectly trimmed moustache and beard combo

Esch

Banned
Civ is that game I bought and played one game of that lasted the entire day and didn't know that much time had passed. I stay away from it now like a fat dude stays away from MacDonalds
I definitely dont touch it without like 3 hours of spare time in front of me. Awesome game though (if you have the expansions)

NJStateOfMind

Unconfirmed Member
thanks for the welcome everyone. surprised my ranking of the Kanye albums didnt get called out but my Macklemore hate did.

I liked NJ until the Macklegod hate. Fuck Jersey you rum ham eating fat bastard!!

c'mon WanderingWind lol i appreciate the Always Sunny reference tho.

people actually admit they are from NJ?

hell yeah but i've actually been living in Arizona for almost 2 years tho. if u think Jersey is bad you got no idea.

Detox

Breakfast club is the truth and has been for a while now. I think I've watched almost all their interviews apart from the reality tv stars for the last 6/7 months. Though they let the guys they respect coast in comparison to up and coming stars, 9/10 times they strike a great conversational tone throughout the interview and it is nicely balanced between the different personalities. Envy usually gets the big questions in on the sly, while everyone expects Charlamagne to do it he just leads them on and acts stupid. Yee always got the gossip and they try and catch people out by making stuff up. The synergy is great, I noticed when Terrence Howard was there Charlamagne didn't turn up and it usually falls flat without all three of them.

While J. Cole’s “Born Sinner” was initially blocked from No. 1 on the Billboard 200, he celebrates his second No. 1 this week. I To date, “Born Sinner” has sold 439,000 copies, this week surpassing the cumulative sum of his original competition, “Yeezus” (431,000)

God damn

thanks for the welcome everyone. surprised my ranking of the Kanye albums didnt get called out but my Macklemore hate did.

c'mon WanderingWind lol i appreciate the Always Sunny reference tho.

hell yeah but i've actually been living in Arizona for almost 2 years tho. if u think Jersey is bad you got no idea.

Welcome. Can always use another Ghostface fan.

Honestly I haven't heard the Macklemore album and I've only heard that Thrift song which isn't bad. They sound like Atmosphere *runs*

whats up everyone? new here, but i've lurked for years. heres my gaf-hop initiation. i look forward to having y'all shit on my choices hahaha.

Pick a coast to rep - East
Favorite Artist - Ghostface Killah
Best feature killer - Busta or Jada
Favourite producer - Alchemist
Favourite album - Supreme Clientele
What's in your playlist right now? - Magna Carta and good kid, m.A.A.d city

Rank Kanye's albums: LR>CD>>>>G>MBDTF>>>>>>>Yeezus>>>>>808s
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghostface
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghost
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? idk i really like The Lost Tapes
Who won? Jay-Z or Nas? Nas
Biggie or Pac? Biggie
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? hes a mentally challenged genius
How do you feel about Macklemore?
holeup.png

Welcome man

Detox

Wow, nobody was expecting Cole to beat Kanye. Jay seemed indifferent to Jay Electronica releasing either they're knocking their heads against each other because there is no single or he has no idea and control over what Jay Electronica is doing.

Ghost says he has 7 albums coming out over the next 37 months

Uhh yeah okay... Also says a sequel to Ghostdini is coming.

On Doomstarks

Asked about his joint album with past collaborator and fellow early 1990s New York Hip Hop album MF DOOM, long believed to be called DOOMStarks, Ghost revealed that the project, which originated during his Def Jam Records tenure, is currently on ice. “Yeah, we got the [MF] DOOM album, but I did wanna just chill for a minute,” said G.F.K. about his work with the former K.M.D. front-man. “There’s too much shit that’s coming, so I’ll do [Supreme Clientele 2], then DOOM. I keeping coming up with other names for albums and shit – for some reason if I come up with a banging name, I wanna make that work."

Dereck

Deltron 3030: Event II: Oct 1

01 Stardate [ft. Joseph Gordon-Levitt]
02 The Return
03 Pay the Price
04 Nobody Can [ft. Aaron Bruno of AWOLNATION]
05 Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 1 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
06 Melding of the Minds [ft. Zach De La Rocha]
07 The Agony [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
08 Back in the Day [ft. The Lonely Island]
09 Talent Supersedes [ft. Black Rob]
10 Look Across the Sky [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
11 The Future of Food [ft. David Chang]
12 My Only Love [ft. Emily Wells]
13 What Is This Loneliness [ft. Damon Albarn and Casual]
14 Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 2 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
15 City Rising From the Ashes [background vocals by Mike Patton]
16 Do You Remember [ft. Jamie Cullum]

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
this jay-z interview is good.

this shit about Yeezus got me dying laughing. "yo it's a lot of them over there."

link ?

edit: think I found it. I usually just wait until these get posted to world star.

i still have to listen to it. but from what i heard. i really like charlamagne.

love charlamagne wish he did stand up dude is constantly funny

KingKong

Deltron 3030: Event II: Oct 1

01 Stardate [ft. Joseph Gordon-Levitt]
02 The Return
03 Pay the Price
04 Nobody Can [ft. Aaron Bruno of AWOLNATION]
05 Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 1 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
06 Melding of the Minds [ft. Zach De La Rocha]
07 The Agony [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
08 Back in the Day [ft. The Lonely Island]
09 Talent Supersedes [ft. Black Rob]
10 Look Across the Sky [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
11 The Future of Food [ft. David Chang]
12 My Only Love [ft. Emily Wells]
13 What Is This Loneliness [ft. Damon Albarn and Casual]
14 Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 2 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
15 City Rising From the Ashes [background vocals by Mike Patton]
16 Do You Remember [ft. Jamie Cullum]

That guest list is just... I can't...

DominoKid

Hov telling his team to put out as much music as possible before 50 dropped, because it's over after that. I wish I could see the looks on rappers faces when they first heard GRODT.

CRS

Really wish Damon Albarn did the intro and it kinda irked me when it didn't start with "It's the year 3040...". Oh well, still super hyped for this now.

Got real giddy when it got to "It's the return of Deltron Zero and Automator".

Esch

Banned
fuck off ghost.
Ay yo I got like nineteen albums word god I recorded like 2 albums with nas nahmean ima wait on those for like a couple months namsayin ay yo that ninja doom he crazy we done with the album but doom be busy eatin pizza and im kinda busy nahmean so we gone get there when it gets there god

Cudder

Wow, nobody was expecting Cole to beat Kanye. Jay seemed indifferent to Jay Electronica releasing either they're knocking their heads against each other because there is no single or he has no idea and control over what Jay Electronica is doing.

I was. Anyone who saw the first week numbers knew that J Cole was gonna sell more in the long run than Kanye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom