• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Want to play it desperately...unfortunately I am getting that fucking steam bug where every time I try to start my client it tries to check for updates, then tells me im not connected to the internet and closes itself. I'm about to throw rocks through some fucking windows. I also have Don't Starve just sitting there waiting to be played.

try going offline and then fiddling it, or starting it offline?

also: first attempt at char siu ribs. Not bad. Should use grapefruit juice instead of orange for the marinade tho.

0EJ3wfu.jpg

overcast

I'll probably end up going. None of my friends are into Jessie Ware at all. She's playing at the Santa Ana Observatory for 30 dollars. Sounds like it could be fun.

CRS

Any of you guys been to a concert alone? Curious as to how it is.
I greatly prefer it over going with other people. I m always the hypes one so it's kinda weird for me.
I'll probably end up going. None of my friends are into Jessie Ware at all. She's playing at the Santa Ana Observatory for 30 dollars. Sounds like it could be fun.
Goooooooooooooooooooooo.

And then explain it with great detail so I can experience the show through your post. Would love to go. Tickets still available?

overcast

I greatly prefer it over going with other people. I m always the hypes one so it's kinda weird for me.

Goooooooooooooooooooooo.

And then explain it with great detail so I can experience the show through your post. Would love to go. Tickets still available?
Yeah, I'm usually pretty damn energetic.

I will go. Going to buy tickets when I get paid Friday for sure. I'm newly single, and I have a feeling there will be some good looking chicks there.

A Jessie Ware concert would be dope. Seeing pop acts can be tough, because you know the crowd will probably be a mixture of loud girls and gay dudes. But Jessie Ware probably has a more sophisticated crowd of quieter, chill women and gay dudes. I can nod me head alongside that crowd.

HiResDes

Watching this Jay-Z Breakfast Club interview, it's great. Definitely agree with him on the NY rap scene. Personally I think NY rap's scene is doing great right now, from Roc Marciano to Exquire to Action Bronson. The problem is that there isn't a "big" NY rapper now. ASAP Rocky is popping but he doesn't really strike me as "New York" despite being a flashy Harlem nicca; IMO I think he's a flash in the pan type of artist who won't be relevant soon.

So many NY artists are hell bent on following the same old blueprint on how to come up, and many can't write songs. I think Exquire and Bronson are dope for instance, but both struggle to write "full" songs; they often don't have choruses, or if they do it's the same couple words repeated over and over. NY used to have a very solid understanding of melody and how to make a catchy hook. 36 Chambers is still one of the grimiest albums of all time, yet it has multiple catchy hooks (Cream, Method Man). It also has some more hardcore hooks that work perfectly live (Wu Tang Aint Nothing to Fuck Wit). Today rappers treat the hook like it's a mini verse or some shit, creating some 4-8 bar mantra that can't get a crowd hype.

Just now read this too spot on, been on a spree lately.

overcast

A Jessie Ware concert would be dope. Seeing pop acts can be tough, because you know the crowd will probably be a mixture of loud girls and gay dudes. But Jessie Ware probably has a more sophisticated crowd of quieter, chill women and gay dudes. I can nod me head alongside that crowd.
Damn PP, that's a big part of the reason I'm interested in it.
What the fuck is a Jessie Ware
Lmao.

HiResDes

Young Thug and Gucci have good chemistry too though, but Waka's definitely the most interesting part of the label so that's a big loss.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Id say they will work it out eventually. Them two together make money, they'll realise that soon enough
I think they can do good individually, but will be too stubborn even if they'll make more money together. These guys aren't the smartest of businessmen, shit has just worked out in their favour.

I think they can do good individually, but will be too stubborn even if they'll make more money together. These guys aren't the smartest of businessmen, shit has just worked out in their favour.
Well, actually Gucci is going a good route. While they won't be doing another record together cause beef, another reason is because Gucci will be leaving Warner Bros which Waka is signed to and their collab albums were released under Warner Bros. So it wouldn't even be possible for them to do that. Gucci is going 100% independent from now on.

Well, actually Gucci is going a good route. While they won't be doing another record together cause beef, another reason is because Gucci will be leaving Warner Bros which Waka is signed to and their collab albums were released under Warner Bros. So it wouldn't even be possible for them to do that. Gucci is going 100% independent from now on.

I always thought he was independant the whole time...

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Ferrari Boyz>>>>>watch the throne > Distant Relatives
although to be fair the production on DR was way beyond anything that came out that year for me.

I've been meaning to ask what are some other decent collaboration albums?

Waka should just get weird and collab with some alternative artists and make bank on tours.

yeah. there's an interesting sound out there with all these indie producers (who lets face it will NEVER hit it that big) that waka could work with. and alternative artists could work too.

PBY

Banned
I think Waka could fit okay on Taylor Gang. Iunno.

I feel like he'd make cool cloud rap, but I just want more bangers.

PBY

Banned
Ferrari Boyz>>>>>watch the throne > Distant Relatives
although to be fair the production on DR was way beyond anything that came out that year for me.

I've been meaning to ask what are some other decent collaboration albums?
Like father like son

cryptic

I've been saying it for a while. Detroit now is sounding like 90s' New York with all the talent coming out.

It's a shame the music isn't really getting out there or isn't being paid attention to.

Gunplay is such wasted potential. How can someone stand out so much on features and select solo tracks only to fall back to substandard trap sound 9 times out of 10.

And ASAP Ferg needs to be kicked out the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom