• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Deltron 3030: Event II: Oct 1

01 Stardate [ft. Joseph Gordon-Levitt]
02 The Return
03 Pay the Price
04 Nobody Can [ft. Aaron Bruno of AWOLNATION]
05 Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 1 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
06 Melding of the Minds [ft. Zach De La Rocha]
07 The Agony [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
08 Back in the Day [ft. The Lonely Island]
09 Talent Supersedes [ft. Black Rob]
10 Look Across the Sky [ft. Mary Elizabeth Winstead]
11 The Future of Food [ft. David Chang]
12 My Only Love [ft. Emily Wells]
13 What Is This Loneliness [ft. Damon Albarn and Casual]
14 Lawnchair Quarterback Pt. 2 [ft. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn]
15 City Rising From the Ashes [background vocals by Mike Patton]
16 Do You Remember [ft. Jamie Cullum]
This is the most confusing group of featured artists I have ever seen. Which is a good thing.

Wait JGL on the opening track? What does that even mean?

DominoKid

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
times: The 25 Best Songs of 2013 (So Far)
AHAHAHAHAHA
No. 25 … “Mirrors,” Justin Timberlake
No. 24 … “Peace and Quiet,” Waxahatchee
No. 23 … “Imagine It Was Us,” Jessie Ware
No. 22 … “Master Hunter,” Laura Marling
No. 21 … “Q.U.E.E.N.,” Janelle Monáe, feat. Erykah Badu
No. 20 … “Shut Up, ” Savages
No. 19 … “Just Give Me A Reason,” P!nk feat. Nate Ruess
No. 18 … “Started From the Bottom,” Drake
No. 17 … “Entertainment,” Phoenix
No. 16 … “Numbers On The Board,” Pusha T
No. 15 … “Falling,” Haim
No. 14 … “GMF,” John Grant
No. 13 … “Late Night,” Foals
No. 12 … “White Noise,” Disclosure feat. AlunaGeorge
No. 11 … “Diane Young,” Vampire Weekend
No. 10 … “Wild For The Night,” Skrillex feat. A$AP Rocky & Birdy Nam Nam
No. 9 … “Red Eye,” Kid Cudi feat. Haim
No. 8 … “Weight,” Mikal Cronin
No. 7 … “Closer,” Tegan & Sara
No. 6 … “Recover,” Chvrches
No. 5 … “Blurred Lines,” Robin Thicke feat. Pharrell and T.I.
No. 4 … “Song for Zula,” Phosphorescent
No. 3 … “Retrograde,” James Blake
No. 2 … “Get Lucky,” Daft Punk
No. 1 … “New Slaves,” Kanye West

dunno if i should make a thread or not. =/

DominoKid

times: The 25 Best Songs of 2013 (So Far)
AHAHAHAHAHA

ill post the full list soon

iLnsqy2DIjbNV.gif

Esch

Banned

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Breakfast club is the truth and has been for a while now. I think I've watched almost all their interviews apart from the reality tv stars for the last 6/7 months. Though they let the guys they respect coast in comparison to up and coming stars, 9/10 times they strike a great conversational tone throughout the interview and it is nicely balanced between the different personalities. Envy usually gets the big questions in on the sly, while everyone expects Charlamagne to do it he just leads them on and acts stupid. Yee always got the gossip and they try and catch people out by making stuff up. The synergy is great, I noticed when Terrence Howard was there Charlamagne didn't turn up and it usually falls flat without all three of them.
I think I've even watched some of the ones with reality TV stars just because I was fiending for more.

Watching the Jay interview now.

Breakfast Club has always shat on Hot 97's show. And I'm a huge fan of Rosenberg & Juan but come on. So much of their focus is on small shit. "Real" rap, obscure shit, alleged slights that no one cares about, etc.

And Ebro...smh. Trying way too fucking hard.

PBY

Banned
Breakfast Club has always shat on Hot 97's show. And I'm a huge fan of Rosenberg & Juan but come on. So much of their focus is on small shit. "Real" rap, obscure shit, alleged slights that no one cares about, etc.

And Ebro...smh. Trying way too fucking hard.
Rosenbergs obsession with real rap kills me.

Tokubetsu

Drake got robbed. Started from the bottom deserves to be up higher. It was/is huge. It started a fucking meme irl. Same with no new friends. Everytime I go out someome drops a drake lyric.

hold my liquor should be in there instead of new slaves. but the latter's got that amazing part with frank ocean. should have been a separate song man wtf.

started from the bottom deserves a higher spot

what's been good in this genre since june 19th?

oh shit new starlito. cool

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I liked 5am in Toronto better than Started from the Bottom. But SFTB has more mass appeal, obviously.
Yep. I just hate his voice on some of the lines on Started From The Bottom, or else I'd like the song a lot more.

Started from the bottom now we hyaea

EloquentM

aka Mannny
the thing about new slaves is it starts out great then just devolves into kanye ranting (about nothing in detail)...then it gets good again with the frank/kanye outro which shouldn't even be in the song lol.

Numbers on the boards is dope but over Started from the Bottom ? Nah man that song had a big movement as soon as it came out it really should be in the top 3.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Drake got robbed. Started from the bottom deserves to be up higher. It was/is huge. It started a fucking meme irl. Same with no new friends. Everytime I go out someome drops a drake lyric.

That looks like a hipster like to me

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
that civ v new expansion is crack. gaf hop buy pls.

Want to play it desperately...unfortunately I am getting that fucking steam bug where every time I try to start my client it tries to check for updates, then tells me im not connected to the internet and closes itself. I'm about to throw rocks through some fucking windows. I also have Don't Starve just sitting there waiting to be played.

Watching this Jay-Z Breakfast Club interview, it's great. Definitely agree with him on the NY rap scene. Personally I think NY rap's scene is doing great right now, from Roc Marciano to Exquire to Action Bronson. The problem is that there isn't a "big" NY rapper now. ASAP Rocky is popping but he doesn't really strike me as "New York" despite being a flashy Harlem nicca; IMO I think he's a flash in the pan type of artist who won't be relevant soon.

So many NY artists are hell bent on following the same old blueprint on how to come up, and many can't write songs. I think Exquire and Bronson are dope for instance, but both struggle to write "full" songs; they often don't have choruses, or if they do it's the same couple words repeated over and over. NY used to have a very solid understanding of melody and how to make a catchy hook. 36 Chambers is still one of the grimiest albums of all time, yet it has multiple catchy hooks (Cream, Method Man). It also has some more hardcore hooks that work perfectly live (Wu Tang Aint Nothing to Fuck Wit). Today rappers treat the hook like it's a mini verse or some shit, creating some 4-8 bar mantra that can't get a crowd hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom