• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MCHG is at it's best when you first hear it. Time does it no favors.
Yep. Oceans and Heaven have firmly moved down even further in the past few days. Still wonder why I suffer through some of the rest of the album just for the production.

I really, really do think it's his worst album by a significant margin. At least Kingdom Come had Lost One and Trouble, and BP3 had a bunch more.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That Halle Berry line is all you need to know about MCHG. It's fucking lazy and out of touch. Nobody is fucking name dropping Halle Berry's over-the-hill ass anymore, but Jay is too lazy to think of a better name to drop and is out of touch enough to think anybody has even thought of Halle Berry in the past 5 years. I mean, she's not ugly, right, but not That Chica anymore.

Tokubetsu

That Halle Berry line is all you need to know about MCHG. It's fucking lazy and out of touch. Nobody is fucking name dropping Halle Berry's over-the-hill ass anymore, but Jay is too lazy to think of a better name to drop and is out of touch enough to think anybody has even thought of Halle Berry in the past 5 years. I mean, she's not ugly, right, but not That Chica anymore.

Kendrick name dropped her in "Fuckin' Problems"... Are you calling Kenneth lazy and out of touch as well?

That slaughter sessions sounds so good. Really was not missing buddens at all.

Slaughterhouse are a no go around here but I really liked this. Just Blaze is exec producing their next album so Im hyped.

Relistening to Life After Death right now. So many classics. Best hip hop double album.

I think All Eyez on Me has that title breh

Halle Berry is an all time sex symbol. Those type of women don't go out of style.

This man gets it.

Macca

Fuckin Problems is the song of the year and made ASAP Ricky a worldwide superstar. Also got a GOAT hook and kendrick verse

Esch

Banned
Drake sounded stalker ish on Versace

there are always a few
nPG1h.png
drizzy lines that make it downright impossible to respect him as a human being or artist.

It's your worst nightmare, it's my first night here
And this girl right here, who knows what she knows?
So I'm going through her phone if she go to the bathroom
And her purse right there, I don't trust these hoes at all
But that's just the result of me paying attention

nPG1h.png

Man the BET Awards look ghetto as fuck. I haven't watched in years, but last time I did the live audio quality was horrible; rapping over vocals, constant beeps, etc. shit is sad.

SadAli

Neo Member
Even though it is grand and it's a new Jay album... It's so uninteresting.

Yeah this. I can't even be motivated to actively hate on it, it's just boring as hell and entirely pointless. Music made by a group of people with nothing to prove or say anymore.

IrishNinja

wineo.gif
and now your regularly scheduled thursday nite ninja recklessness

so if you had to have one artist on while you powerlifted some shit/boxed or otherwise fought etc who do you pick? please note that GFK is off the table for The Champ and other likewise tracks making that choice too easy

i gotta go with reggie noble, his shit comes on and i feel like i could throw a car and shit
I...stay around the corner from park hill/I ain't hard to find, but I'm sure hard to kill

ps nas won

IrishNinja

well...there's not a lotta hip hop double albums id rank above it

All Eyez On Me
Wu Forever
UGK self titled i wanna say
Scarface had one
i wanna say DJ jazzy jeff & fresh prince did if you rate that
speakerboxx/love below? not really tho

dot dot dot

*edit ace might say that e water one too

HiResDes

Guys must I bring up the post I made a week before MCHG was released again, I am Negrodamus:

Magna Carta is gonna be his worst album, but the beats are gonna be good at first, until it wears you down and you see the true piece of shit hidden under the melted Jesus piece.

so uh...has anyone seen Lil' B live? He's supposed to be here in Dallas in August...

Seems like the type of show that could either be amazing and hilarious...or dumb and annoying as shit.

Kinda like Lil B's music?

HiResDes

so uh...has anyone seen Lil' B live? He's supposed to be here in Dallas in August...

Seems like the type of show that could either be amazing and hilarious...or dumb and annoying as shit.

Kinda like Lil B's music?

It's amazing. I've been so much swag, went while Ellen Degeneres and Wonton Soup were still in the setlist. SWAG

coldvein

Banned
dont miss the run the jewels tour. that shit was damn near 4 hours. tore the roof of the place.

considering going to see them later this month, but am kinda on the fence. its at a festival, they certainly wont be playing for 4 hours, their set starts at 4:45, the rest of the acts that day i have no interest in, i work that day .. ehh i dunno yet.

thabiz

considering going to see them later this month, but am kinda on the fence. its at a festival, they certainly wont be playing for 4 hours, their set starts at 4:45, the rest of the acts that day i have no interest in, i work that day .. ehh i dunno yet.
I would still check them out. they are really good together.

seriously brehs, name a hip hop double album with more straight up bangers than this:

Reunited
For Heaven's Sake
Cash Still Rules/Scary Hours
Visionz
Maria
A Better Tomorrow
It's Yourz
Triumph
Impossible
Little Ghetto Boys
Deadly Melody
The City