• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midnight Marauders is my shit, I've listen to quite a bit of the Wu 36 Chambers and Wu Forever mostly but I really need to listen to Bone Thugz what album should I start with ?

HiiiLife

Midnight Marauders is my shit, I've listen to quite a bit of the Wu 36 Chambers and Wu Forever mostly but I really need to listen to Bone Thugz what album should I start with ?

E 1999 Eternal is my personal fav. Followed by Art of War.

Their Creepin on ah Come Up only has a few songs but the tracks "Foe Tha Love of $" and "No Surrender" are dope. Especially No Surrender. Listen to the track right now. Lol. Pop pop, pop pop.

CRS

Listen to Bone's material in chronological order starting with Creepin' and you can stop with Art of War. If you like Art of War, continue listening to their albums but your mileage will vary. Pretty much went downhill after BTNHResurrection.

Listen to Bone's material in chronological order starting with Creepin' and you can stop with Art of War. If you like Art of War, continue listening to their albums but your mileage will vary. Pretty much went downhill after BTNHResurrection.

E 1999 Eternal is my personal fav. Followed by Art of War.

Their Creepin on ah Come Up only has a few songs but the tracks "Foe Tha Love of $" and "No Surrender" are dope. Especially No Surrender. Listen to the track right now. Lol. Pop pop, pop pop.

Thanks for the suggestions will listen to it when I get a chance and no surrender goes hard.

codhand

spottie otie is their best track.

32nd dusty ass bday today folks, goin on a lobster dinner cruise, i'm hoping it'll be similar to oceans feat frank ocean

HiiiLife

I've been on my Geto Boys kick lately too. Mannnnnnnnnnn. I love it.

Somehow stumbled on the 90's playlist tonight if y'all couldn't tell. And The Message by Nas is absolutely one of my favorite tracks by dude.

"Real niggas buck in broad daylight."

happy birf Guru
nah son, it's our shit

big wu head but i don't know if ive heard any album, any genre as much as ive played MM. maybe miles' kind of blue inna background but it'd be a close call

tw8Yy.gif

WHEN THE MIC IS IN MY HAND I'M NEVER HESITANT

HiiiLife

Jurassic Five. Lol. Damn son.

And I haven't heard too much of Immortal Tech, just his first couple releases, but why is he hated so much here? I mean I wouldn't call myself a fan but just curious.

Second question, personal fav song using the "Lemonade" beat? I'd be lying if I said I've listened to more than Kush Lemonade and Orange Juice though, so I'll probably go with OJ. Lol.

codhand

And I haven't heard too much of Immortal Tech, just his first couple releases, but why is he hated so much here? I mean I wouldn't call myself a fan but just curious.

tech is real aaggro in real life and on record, his last album i felt was his strongest, but still you gotta be in the right mood

HiiiLife

tech is real aaggro in real life and on record, his last album i felt was his strongest, but still you gotta be in the right mood

I take it the same could be said about Jedi Mind Tricks and Celph Titled? Every single person I've met that's a Immortal Tech fan always brings those guys up too. Lol.

codhand

I take it the same could be said about Jedi Mind Tricks and Celph Titled? Every single person I've met that's a Immortal Tech fan always brings those guys up too. Lol.

jedi is really dope live if you wanna hear that "murda, murda shiiitt", tech is good too , celp titled im not that familiar with,

vinny paz is friendly and chill actually haha

i think the live stuff is what keeps them alive, they have a steady crowd of fans, there are a lot of shows with tech and jedi together....

m3k

woke up this morning with e1999

intro
mo murda
down 79
first of the month

awww yis

i consider myself a middling wu tang fan... i know all of their major stuff but they have so much work, putting down a definitive playlist of their stuff would reach a hundred... theres a bunch of stuff i dont know even though ive listened to them since like 96 or 97

when wu tang forever came out i listened to that forever trying to decipher it and found new things to like about different songs over many years

HiiiLife

jedi is really dope live if you wanna hear that "murda, murda shiiitt", tech is good too , celp titled im not that familiar with,

vinny paz is friendly and chill actually haha

i think the live stuff is what keeps them alive, they have a steady crowd of fans, there are a lot of shows with tech and jedi together....

Yeah I've heard a few tracks from all of them, they're cool. I can see why they have fans. I guess I'm just not particularly fond of the whole underground scene.

Wu-Tang by a mile.

But Bone Thugs is great also.

At this point I'm convinced everybody is going to pick Wu-Tang. Lol.

HiResDes

Night's Gambit grew on my tremendously, it's less spoken-word than Grief Pedigree on second listen. Like there's more emotion in his voice, and the tone is actually quite varied, not just on some gangsta shit the whole time. It's really a AOTY contender. It's so good in the headphones, maybe that made the difference.

codhand

that kane, that flame, that butta
that butta!

none rival, my catalog's a slum bible
not the right course moving white horse unbridled

camron.gif

Walshy

Hey guys drugs are bad ok
Yep.

I went to a rave the other week and a girl I knew took some ketamine and she disappeared for three hours.

We eventually found her in the toilet going back and forth slowly dancing to the subdued music playing from the rave. She had apparently been in that toilet for two hours.

In other words, do drugs, just don't do ketamine.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
that kane, that flame, that butta
that butta!

none rival, my catalog's a slum bible
not the right course moving white horse unbridled

camron.gif

Literally clicked on the thread to post about the Ka, and You Know It's About is playing.

Mentals gettin elevated off this tape.

Night's Gambit grew on my tremendously, it's less spoken-word than Grief Pedigree on second listen. Like there's more emotion in his voice, and the tone is actually quite varied, not just on some gangsta shit the whole time. It's really a AOTY contender. It's so good in the headphones, maybe that made the difference.

I knew you'd come around. The Second Triumvirate wins again.

The First Triumvirate: Eschalon, HRD, PP
The Second Triumvirate: HRD, PP, thabiz

Basically if either trio co-signs something you know it's legit

iavi

Nice. Think a spicy mango chutney would be excellent with that too.

Mango would definitely work, but I'd pass on making the chutney itself spicy. I've already got the salsa in there, and I'd want as much of the mango's sweetness as I could get, for balance.

coldvein

Banned

too political, talks about social justice alot, conspiracy theorist, etc. would be my guesses.

Dereck

Have to check out the new Ka since I'm hearing so many good things about. I am too immersed in Ras Kass's Soul on Ice though.

Esch

Banned
too political, talks about social justice alot, conspiracy theorist, etc. would be my guesses.
The social justice bits its the tinfoil shit that makes me hit next/stop. This dude was a relentless 9/11 truther and im not down with it.

Btw I like the Ka album im basically just not nutting over it shit is about as good as Roc's last to me.

CRS

Mango would definitely work, but I'd pass on making the chutney itself spicy. I've already got the salsa in there, and I'd want as much of the mango's sweetness as I could get, for balance.
I meant replacing the salsa with the chutney. I guess I should have been a little more clear.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Aquemini, is the best Outkast album, and a top 5 album in general. Synthesizer is my shitttttt.
Atliens come second and then Stankonia. need to listen to their other two albums.

coldvein

Banned
The social justice bits its the tinfoil shit that makes me hit next/stop. This dude was a relentless 9/11 truther and im not down with it.

understandable. the truther shit never bothered me personally. i havent really followed his career recently at all, but back in the glory days i was a big fan. revolutionary vol. 1 and 2 are classics to me.

Esch

Banned
I also think Dalek does what he does just more interestingly from a sonic perspective. .

My roomie was a tech stan though so I cant stand when people are like DUDE YOU LIKE RAP HAVE YOU HEARD THIS SONG and then play fucking Dance With the Devil for me goddamnit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom