• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

caesar

Banned
1016773_597251870319996_1888816362_n.jpg

Is that Mc Ride on the right?

HiResDes

Pitchfork has been insane:
Metz was insane. Ryan Hemsworth was insane yesterday. I missed Swans only because I'll be seeing them solo in Cincy in a couple of days. Also there was this extremely hot freckled brunette at Hemsworth that I swear was a celebrity but I couldn't figure out her name. I saw her earlier and thought she looked familiar and then later in the press line because I had front row. The security guards were all talking her up and she was the only one not taking pictures of Ryan. I think Ryan Hemsworth has a celebrity girlfriend. Amazing show, getting twerked on in front row while Hemsworth remixed Blueberry Pills was a dream come to true. Also we got Lou Malnati's delivered to the hotel and it was amazing!...Art of Pizza was a little out of the way.

HiResDes

Umm this Festival has been fun as fuck. Bjork was insane, theatrics and a thunderstorm that almost seemed to come out of nowhere as part of the show.

Esch

Banned
Yo so I've been listening to Owl Pharoah.... Weirdest shit I've heard in forever. Im not sure exactly what to call Travis' sound other than something that sounds like Kanye. Im hesitant to call him a straight ripoff though because I think that after hearing this I can feel his fingerprints all over Yeezus. As for the actual music its kinda funny. Its like that pseudoemo hypebeast KTT demographic in sound form, which I normally hate but there's very little serious shit on this tape, it feels tongue in cheek to me mostly. I like how the sound is significantly trappier and poppier than Yes shit is tho, a little more like say, future or 2 chainz but smarter and more ironic. Anyway its a fun tape with some jams on it. Some of these adlibs are so self aware and forced that I burst out laughing while listening to this several times. When a rapper is self awarely trying to push himself as the shit but is basically a neckbeard its really awkward, but I cant fault him for it. Im not sure what he was trying to accomplish with this tape because there are some poppy bangers like Upper Echelon and Quintana but they both have noooothing to do with him on the mic really. I guess as a production showcase its top. Mostly good stuff.

3 mics

3 mics is what I'd give it too. I haven't heard the OG Owl Pharoah yet, but i have a feeling I would enjoy it more

HiRes. I'm dying at you going in on that dude in the Pitchfork thread

Esch

Banned
I hate Pitchfork as a publication as well but I do enjoy their existence, its their journalism that allows a window of true insight into the minds of nigel hipster scum. Its educational.

thabiz

im confused on the youtube thing. do they play the tunes/videos from youtube, or do they play random videos to tunes they are already playing?

Esch

Banned
hahahah wtf. do they have anymore reviews written like that? shit's bizarre
There are webarchives of other shit they deleted or removed out there. Cant remember where tho. I think there were some Rakim and Roots album reviews they pulled. Not sure why. Probably sneak racism they got called out on in the comments. Or just poor fact checking poseur shit.

Cudder

soooo

wheres that new cunninlynguists at?

they said hopefully in September for SJV3, and they'd jump right into a studio album for release at the top of the year, probably first quarter. they have new management now, too. hopefully things pick up for them, Oneirology is one of the freshest hip hop albums of recent memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom