• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travi$ Scott is horrible, wow. Just heard this Quintana song and the beat sounds almost exactly like the Upper Echelon beat, same bells and everything. At least Keef can have a couple dope lines here or there, this guy literally has nothing. No mic presence either.

Give these beats to Ross or something, and step the fuck off.

Esch

Banned
this shit is too random not to post

http://instagram.com/p/cFNeTOkNJg/#
blade-WTF-gif.gif

Jitters

People who only listen to "real hip-hop" like it's a thing. :lol

E: I wasn't hating on Gibbs, I just found ESGN lacking in the same energy as BFK. But I'll give it another chance.

Exactly. The only thing that is really good about Gibbs is the energy in his flow and BFK had a ton of energy and in turn made so many of the tracks addicting as hell. ESGN lacks the energy so all you're left with is lame ass, dated, gangsta rap.

Not to mention the features are stuff of nightmares.

E: RiFF RaFF - Shirt By Versace

kamspy

This has to be a top ten all time best rap song. Seriously. I been falling back really heavy on BPW and it's doing me right. Maxine might be one of the best story rap song ever.

The Sun

Maxine

Supreme Clientele is his best album, but I think these are his two best songs. With 'All That I Got Is You' up there with those two in no specific order.

GFK is the content GOAT. 12 Reasons never happened damn it.

Shout out to him stealing The W with one song on the strength of his spot on 'I Can't Go to Sleep'. Shit brings tears man. Dude easily evokes the most emotion out of me of any rapper.

*Positive post per Toku's plea

This has to be a top ten all time best rap song. Seriously. I been falling back really heavy on BPW and it's doing me right. Maxine might be one of the best story rap song ever.

The Sun

Maxine

Supreme Clientele is his best album, but I think these are his two best songs. With 'All That I Got Is You' up there with those two in no specific order.

GFK is the content GOAT. 12 Reasons never happened damn it.

Shout out to him stealing The W with one song on the strength of his spot on 'I Can't Go to Sleep'. Shit brings tears man. Dude easily evokes the most emotion out of me of any rapper.

*Positive post per Toku's plea

Fuck outta here, Brown Tape was incredible.

Otherwise I agree all round.

Edit: Damnit Kams, now I have to put the Supreme CD in.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
highly skippable:

5. Bounce It f. Trey Songz & Wale
7. Gun Plus A Mask f. Yelawolf
8. Smoke A Nigga f. Wiz Khalifa
12. Talkin' Bout f. Chris Brown & Wiz Khalifa
Bounce It is dope...

Dereck

Travi$ Scott is horrible, wow. Just heard this Quintana song and the beat sounds almost exactly like the Upper Echelon beat, same bells and everything. At least Keef can have a couple dope lines here or there, this guy literally has nothing. No mic presence either.
but..but..BUT DAMN SHE SMOKE MAH DOPE

kamspy

I bet they wrote and recorded The Sun after staying up all night on blow.

The God raps "you can't stare at him long / cuz your face'll do like this"

We can't see your facial expression Ghost, but it's all good. High as fuck.

Always thought the same. They used to be heavy into some shit when writing songs. Ghost don't even smoke weed anymore, wonder how all this clean living will affect the new clan LP.

kamspy

It's hard to get optimistic.

Can someone put Method Man on a milk carton? Dude needs to do a Juicy J. I still kind of hope his best album is on front of him.

HiResDes

Exactly. The only thing that is really good about Gibbs is the energy in his flow and BFK had a ton of energy and in turn made so many of the tracks addicting as hell. ESGN lacks the energy so all you're left with is lame ass, dated, gangsta rap.

Not to mention the features are stuff of nightmares.

E: RiFF RaFF - Shirt By Versace
I don't it's necessarily the level of energy that makes GIbbs verses good, but rather his style/charisma, voice, ear for melody, and effortless flow. Starlito has the same ability and his shit goes even when he's seemingly devoid of energy.The hooks in ESGN are just as good as BFK and despite the horrible features many of the songs hit the same sort of formula. There's nothing quite on the level of MCH or Kush Cloud, but overall it's a more consistent ride. When Gibbs goes into his sing-songey shit and hits that high reminiscent of Tupac and Crazy Bone the songs just ride so well.
1. Stop It
2. Smokin' Rollin' f. Pimp C
3. No Heart No Love f. Project Pat
4. So Much Money
5. Bounce It f. Trey Songz & Wale
6. Wax
7. Gun Plus A Mask f. Yelawolf
8. Smoke A Nigga f. Wiz Khalifa
9. Show Out f. Big Sean & Young Jeezy
10. The Woods f. Justin Timberlake
11. Money A Do It
12. Talkin' Bout f. Chris Brown & Wiz Khalifa
13. All I Blow Is Loud
14. Bandz A Make Her Dance f. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz
15. Scholarship f. A$AP Rocky
16. If I Ain't
No Heart No Love is gonna be the best!
ehh Hopsin sucks in my opinion who cares about peer pressure.
ehh.png

Action Bronson and Gibbs though are nice. I don't know where all the hate for them came from
patrice.png
that's peer pressure to me.

also I got to ask again does anyone have the gibbs ESGN with only his verses?
Esch posted a version without the shitty features. Also Jarren Benton is better at doing Eminem than Hopsin, hell even better at doing Em than Em at this point.
Yeah, the way he toss that raccoon had me dying for a good 10 mins
Yo that GIF where the raccoon steals the rug almost made me choke on the deep dish I was eating.
its like i dont eem exist :(
I listened to it when you posted breh. I got you.

DominoKid

gotta test it by staring at the sun.

Eastside Moonwalker really is probably the best Gibbs song ive ever heard tho

That and "Freddie Soprano" are so replayable. His flow on those tracks :bow:

Then the smooth stuff like Came Up and Have U Seen Her and The Color Purple

Then the straight ignant bangers like Lay It Down and....everything else on the album

ESGN is great. Weak features can't ruin this.

iavi

kisslandzypr2.gif

Damn it. Wish the flickering was faster on Chrome.

I loved every extra track on Trilogy--think they might be the best ones he's ever done, but I'm not really feeling anything I've heard from Kissland yet. They're aight, but nothing striking yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
King Remembered In Time might be my favourite KRIT project. It's a perfect mix of all his other shit.

K.R.I.T > Wuz Here > Return of 4eva = LFTU > 4eva and a Day
holy shit i just realized King Remembered In Time was the acronym

goddamn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom