• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally we actually agree on something
What? I am not sure if you agree on his reasons on why he is terrible but Gambino can be arguably worse when it comes to his similies. Wayne only beats him cause he has a bigger discography. Gambino often reminds me of Wayne

His new song was surprisingly alright

Esch

Banned
What? I am not sure if you agree on his reasons on why he is terrible but Gambino can be arguably worse when it comes to his similies. Wayne only beats him cause he has a bigger discography. Gambino often reminds me of Wayne.
Yeah plenty of these new cats like Gambino, Sean, Drake are largely cribbed from some era Wayne. Dat legacy lmao

DominoKid

Wayne used to be so dope up until Carter 3. Then Rebirth happened...

Dedication 1 & 2
Sqad Up tapes
Carter 1, 2, 2.5, 3
both Carter 3 leaks
Da Drought 3

plus a grip of random ass mixtapes in between.
straight snatching other people's songs for fun. RIP Mike Jones
killing guest verses like its nothing.

That 03-08 run he had was just something else.

Aizo

Banned
Hi GAF Hop. I was just curious, what do most people think of TECH N9NE? I've got mixed feelings and have no idea how Hip-Hop connoisseurs perceive him.

Esch

Banned
Hi GAF Hop. I was just curious, what do most people think of TECH N9NE? I've got mixed feelings and have no idea how Hip-Hop connoisseurs perceive him.

CornBall_Lge.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

He's corny but likeable. The type of guy you want to party with. He also knocks out a few good tracks.

Novid

Banned
With soulja boy and vanilla ice there was no acknowledgement of them being that dude though. Wayne was a dominant force in the game in a completely different way. I like to think of 05 to 09 as the Dark Ages of hiphop where we all had the plague, the church was fucking shit up, and all the scientific research was being done in dungeons.

quoted for truth

SadAli

Neo Member
I thought it was mostly teens with some young adults like 21 and below buying his mess.

To my mind these are the people who should be buying and guiding hip hop though - the last audience you want to dismiss. Old heads like myself shouldn't be setting standards, just listening with interest or dismissing with prejudice.

CRS

Yep.

That real hip-hop sweeping the Nation wide stadiums.

546875_10152040502976729_1882803935_n.jpg

Also, in Doppelgangaz related news:

So here's the official breakdown SN on why these two releases are resurfacing and the importance. First off, physicals copies of both were sold out. More importantly, the physicals are now "retail ready" in digi packs like all of our releases and contain updated artwork. Lone Sharks (Deluxe) includes 10 exclusive Lone Shark Era Beats that were created during the making of Lone Sharks. These were prized beats that were never used, but we felt needed to be heard. Lastly, BFBV1 was never officially mastered by a professional mastering engineer. Now, it has finally received the proper treatment and can shine in all it's GHASTLY GLORY!!!!

Much love everybody! 8/27 is the date for Digital/CD.
Vinyl coming in September.

327705.jpg

Tracklist for the new beats:

E1 Tender
E2 Schitzo
E3 Stawp It
E4 Horny Toad
E5 Black Keys
F1 Gone
F2 You
F3 I've Got
F4 Tigah Style
F5 Harpdaisical

First beat from the Lone Shark Era, Tiger Style.

Esch

Banned
Nas on CNN was kinda boring, lol at all the coli people saying that he was low key calling whites barbaric, sounded like some standard lets placate and not label each other type shit to me.

edit: theres more i didnt see. fuck it shit isnt really worth the wait

siddx

Listening to Nas talk about anything is like listening to a drunk hobo scream about nam for 4 hours while he shits in your front yard. Fuck all that noise.

Esch

Banned
Listening to Nas talk about anything is like listening to a drunk hobo scream about nam for 4 hours while he shits in your front yard. Fuck all that noise.
He seemed a little high. Talking slowly about generalities, eyes partially closed, voice super hoarse, plus he wasn't really dropping jewels on anything. might watch the rest later but it wasnt shit really.

Tokubetsu

Yea, I think it's telling the two girls who stuck around with Alien.
Ashley Benson and Vanessa Hudgens forever y'all

Vanessa Hudgens played that girl who is wet and ready to go 100% of the time to a T.

Tokubetsu

The thing you have to understand about Spring Breakers is it's not about telling a straight narrative (they flashforward and flashback often, along with repetitive visual and audio motives/cues). It's like expressionist film making. It's whole goal is to set a tone/atmosphere of hedonism, turbulence and violence. It does this well.

The scene where Franco is on the bench, trying to tell them how he's an outlaw, does w/e he wants etc. is fucking amazing. I know people who talk and sound just like him. It's all the positive bullshit side of that life, its the sales pitch and it's perfect. I've heard that conversation before.

Also, orchestral Skrillex tracks.

Jitters

The thing you have to understand about Spring Breakers is it's not about telling a straight narrative. It's like expressionist film making. It's whole goal is to set a tone/atmosphere of hedonism, turbulence and violence. It does this well.

The scene where Franco is on the bench, trying to tell them how he's an outlaw, does w/e he wants etc. is fucking amazing. I know people who talk and sound just like him. It's all the positive bullshit side of that life, its the sales pitch and it's perfect. I've heard that conversation before.

Exactly. Gummo was the same way, and I don't think everyone gets that.

DominoKid

The thing you have to understand about Spring Breakers is it's not about telling a straight narrative. It's like expressionist film making. It's whole goal is to set a tone/atmosphere of hedonism, turbulence and violence. It does this well.

i know way too many people like that.

sn: the Britney/piano scene is one of the greatest things i've ever seen in a movie.

siddx

Yeah I used to hear those same exact sales pitches all the time in Seattle, almost always from some white guy dick deep in his idea of thug life that will get his ass killed in the end or in jail getting passed around like the bitch he really is.

OG Kush

Yeah i can. Except fireman, thats the only Wayne song I like. The guy has good beat selection but his delivery is annoying as shit, he abuses similies past the point of corniness, he couldn't make a concept or intelligent wordplay track to save his life, not even the more personal tracks he writes about his life are good or endearing. Overall he is the wackest rapper to ever dominate the charts. I have literally nothing to say that is positive about him from a mic perspective, at all. I have listened to the so called hidden gems (no ceilings, drought, dedication) in his weed plate collection of a career and found them wanting as well. The funniest thing about it all is I cant really find a Wayne fan who can articulate what it is about the guy that was good. Its all plea copping.

Shit sucks. Makes me ashamed to be 90s baby that our generation bought so many of these shit albums.
Dr Carter - Lil wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom