• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

Twerk It Video is such a boring video. So obviously made for MTV. Song and beat are still crazy and whatever quality/mix used in this video was the best. Best Pharrell beat in a long ass fucking time.

On the other hand, I came around to Hell of a Night by Q. Lyrically it's good, it's just that the beat is cheese. Sounds straight from the TDE bank, along with Collard Greens (though a much better beat). They work with Kendrick and Soul (sometimes) but Q can't do them justice.

iavi

Late response to the Wayne discussion: there comes that certain point where I can say fuck it and enjoy him for his comedy. Getting particularly critical about rappers like him, Gucci, or even Juicy J is like going to McDonalds, busting out the nutritional guide, and fretting over the caloric intake of a particular meal; it's all fast food, motherfuckers. Yeah, there are probably a million more artful joints to eat at right around the corner, but you still wind up at the silly shit because you can appreciate it for what it is. And it is acknowledging a certain artistic deficit, I think; Degradation to the point of the emphasis not being on the overall quality of the package, but particular a delivery.

HiResDes

Mooose I love your enthusiasm and hope you're right.

Guys Danny Brown is in the new ICP video, but even I ain't about to watch it. Also I'm down to Plug now if people still into it.

CRS

That Jonwayne mixtape is cool and I'm excited but I still want more details on his debut rap album. I could have sworn he said sometime this summer. :(

mooooose

the icp song was ok other than them being terrible rappers and a boring verse from danny that ran circles around them the beat was kinda cool in its own way

mooooose

Mooose I love your enthusiasm and hope you're right.

Guys Danny Brown is in the new ICP video, but even I ain't about to watch it. Also I'm down to Plug now if people still into it.

dude wiki is nuclear hot, sportinglife's production isn't as "weird" in a world where death grips is popular and yeezus is a mainstream album, hak brings more charm, and they have the backing of XL and linked up with young guru for the album... they are REAL dudes and havent made connects to make connects, they just make their shit and when they do blow up itll be because people will come to THEM, no gimmicks

tumblr_mqh1ptfz4M1qdrz3yo1_500.png

Incoming Frank Ocean Versace freeverse?

Did anyone else not like Thundercat's last album????? (I know, not hip hop.)

EDIT: Capt. Murphy is god.
I liked it, but I haven't heard his previous work or know much about him. I've only heard of the dude from Cosmogramma. Oh and what happened to J-Zone? He was the band camp rapper before there was a band camp.

CRS

Surprised it hasn't been done by now, put Zeroh in there too.
I think the rapping is taken care of. Jonwayne is seriously all I would need but some variety would be good. I know Jonwayne was a part of a group and actually had a song or two posted. I forgot who he partnered up with thugh.
I keep thinking Ken Masters has good taste and it's throwing me off.
Lmao. I know it's weird but I really love the Bastion album cover.

Did anyone else not like Thundercat's last album????? (I know, not hip hop.)

EDIT: Capt. Murphy is god.
Weeknd and Frank get talked about here. Thundercat is more than fair ball. And yes, his work is amazing.

coldvein

Banned
macklemore was just shooting a video on the roof of dicks burgers a few blocks up the street from my work .. sadly i was at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom