• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Cool but I still want official releases of Covert Coup and Cigarette Boats.

Not sure what samples need to be cleared but there's no way they wouldn't make money if they do get sold. They should do what Run the Jewels did with a grinder and t-shirt. They can also add rolling papers, weed tray, etc.

Kendrick's show tonight in Toronto was fucking great.

Earl killed it too, and he had Taco dj'ing the set for him.

When taco came out first he played Versace to hype up the crowd and they went wild, gotdamn

overcast

Kendrick's show tonight in Toronto was fucking great.

Earl killed it too, and he had Taco dj'ing the set for him.

When taco came out first he played Versace to hype up the crowd and they went wild, gotdamn
Earl and Kendrick seems pretty hype.

Question is, which August album are you guys looking most forward to?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Earl and Kendrick seems pretty hype.

Question is, which August album are you guys looking most forward to?
1274079-439225864.gif

EDIT: Jay Z - Picasso Baby (A Performance Art Film).

overcast

No way Old releases this month.

Earl or Juicy for me definitely. Earl could be very good, where juicy is bound to be some shit to keep in rotation.

Esch

Banned
I can say without a doubt that Nas' recent output is wholly superior to that artistically bereft illuminati shill with a camels face.
Don't become this guy. A road full of L's scattered across the ground like gravel on a beaten country path await.

IrishNinja

man i been fuckin with Byron Crawford for a minute, but that's crossin a line right there

no need to chase that HOV stan dollar so blatantly on its way out the door anyway

Don't become this guy. A road full of L's scattered across the ground like gravel on a beaten country path await.

this foolishness really needs to cease; we could talk all day about which rappers' lives took more L's, but its kinda boring & really the only angle jigga fans got left since the catalog comparisons are gettin embarrassing these days

Soooooooo does anyone care about the Goodie Mob reunion or am I the only one excited? soul creator?

first im hearin of it

Soooooooo does anyone care about the Goodie Mob reunion or am I the only one excited? soul creator?

again? I remember seeing them in concert a few years ago, and that was supposed to be their "reunion" lol.

Though now that I think about it, maybe Cee-Lo wasn't there, so it wasn't the "full" reunion, *shrug*

edit: I'm looking at everything on Byron Crawford's blog, *except* his blog posts. ifuknowwhatimsayin

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even know how you can argue Jay's output recently bests Nas'. And I think Life Is Good is hovering maybe slightly above mediocre. The features Nas has been killing too >>> recent Jay features.

IrishNinja

Jigga's catalogue> Nas' s. Its a simple fact the world agrees with.

the more struggles he releases, the more obvious this untruth becomes. if i was ya'll, i'd be hoping he called it quits soon for real - that average isn't lookin so hot

"one hot album every 10 year average"

hot - Black album, 11/03
good - American Gangster, 11/07
everything else - ...

Speaking of Dungeon Family though, was listening to P.A. my life, your entertainment. Great, great album that doesn't get enough love. Mostly cause it was really lowkey release

Esch

Banned
I don't even know how you can argue Jay's output recently bests Nas'. And I think Life Is Good is hovering maybe slightly above mediocre. The features Nas has been killing too >>> recent Jay features.
Im not arguing this at all. Fact is Jay had his run. He didnt take several albums off during his prime to suck ass and drop weed plates everyone laughed at. He's pretty flabby now, all he has left is mostly pop songs, either way it doesnt matter. Nas' s 3rd best album is a compilation.

Speaking of Dungeon Family though, was listening to P.A. my life, your entertainment. Great, great album that doesn't get enough love. Mostly cause it was really lowkey release

Shit, that's probably the one DF group I never got around to listening to.

Another relatively low key one I dug (more on the R&B side of things) is The Vinyl Room by Sleepy's Theme
Private Party was on one of my sex mix CD's back in the day, don't judge me

Really like this shot of Earl I got from the concert.

Really liked the lights in this one

Also, Earl played a new song off of Doris, the track that was playing in the trailers. Shit was good.

And I didn't know Kendrick even had a verse on RIP

IrishNinja

Kendrick and Quik sounds fuckin awesome (since im guessing that prior talk about him, snoop etc on detox ended in a smokeout or something) and there's no way that Khaled instagram isn't either a parody or self-parody at this point

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

I'm holding off my hype because I don't want to be disappointed. First two albums are some of my favorite ever, if I let myself get excited I am bound to be disappointed when they put out a world party type album.
Plus I worry they won't be able to reign in Cee Lo's crazy enough to make it interesting rather than just plain fucking weird (see Cee Lo's stray bullets).

Fuck yes. FUCK YES

anyone here ever do the "I only listen to Eminem/Hopsin/Macklemore" thing, but with other genres?

I was listening to Tool yesterday, and realized that's probably the only metal band I fuck with, lol. Granted I'm not the "metal usually sucks, only Tool is good" type of person, but I pretty much have zero desire to explore the genre otherwise.

I'm sure there's some metal fan that probably doesn't think Tool counts as real metal, or that they're terrible or whatever. Oh well. Lateralus is still the shit to me :/

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
anyone here ever do the "I only listen to Eminem/Hopsin/Macklemore" thing, but with other genres?

I was listening to Tool yesterday, and realized that's probably the only metal band I fuck with, lol. Granted I'm not the "metal usually sucks, only Tool is good" type of person, but I pretty much have zero desire to explore the genre otherwise.

I'm sure there's some metal fan that probably doesn't think Tool counts as real metal, or that they're terrible or whatever. Oh well. Lateralus is still the shit to me :/

The last band band I gave a shit about was White Stripes and they don't even exist any more. So, when it comes to bands, I'm like the dude who is like "I only listen to early 90s rap." Not on purpose, but I just haven't found a band I like in forever.

HiResDes

Not gonna lie I'm cringing, though I only fuck with Doom and Post-Metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom