• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

I've always tried to emulate DOOM but I'm too dumb to do it. Hearing someone else do it makes me happy I never tried. Just kinda sounds embarrassing.

I'm 20, bout to start my second year of university at the end of September. Got exam retakes in august though (enjoyed first a bit too much!) and couldn't be happier. Fuck everyone at my age who wishes they were still a kid when everything was stress free. When I was 10 I couldn't wait to be an adult and right now I fucking love being 20. I'm free from my parents, got hot girls at uni, smoke endless amounts of weed, have many drunked random nights,have great friends, and I got that student loan baby! Yeah I'm gonna have to pay that shit back later on but right now life is good. Real good.

Man enjoy it. Im 22, just graduated college. College years are the best. And I got college for free so I was basically where you were with no debt. Growing up in a shitty area has its benefits. Got paid to go to college.

Job hunting now though is soul destroying.

Holy shit. So hyped!

This was probably already covered in here, but the new U-God album has some pretty dope tracks. I'm shocked.

Seriously. Album is fantastic. Check out Killah Priests double album from earlier this year, shit was so dope and is mad underrated. You'll be even more shocked that Killah fucking Priest of all people released a potentioal AOTY in 2013.

Don't become this guy. A road full of L's scattered across the ground like gravel on a beaten country path await.

Hahahaha perfect.

Listened to Ferrari Boys for the first time ever going to and from work this week. Holy shit this goes in the car. First ever Gucci project Ive listened to also. That Mud Music song with 2Chainz is bumping.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Listened to Ferrari Boys for the first time ever going to and from work this week. Holy shit this goes in the car. First ever Gucci project Ive listened to also. That Mud Music song with 2Chainz is bumping.

I’m in the strip club, the girls looking like zombies on the pole
They’re screaming feed me, feed me, feed me!

get-money-get-paidzpu5i.gif

iavi

He only produced two tracks.

Two too many. Somebody needs to call 911 every time he tries--step away from the DAW with your hands up motherfucker. For the sake of a project.

So like how Kanye is to most people here?

Flip side, all my people in the real world California toss salt at me for being a Kanye fan. Large amounts of it. He definitely doesn't enjoy the popularity he once did.

Explains those Yeezus sales.

Flip side, all my people in the real world California toss salt at me for being a Kanye fan. Large amounts of it. He definitely doesn't enjoy the popularity he once did.

Explains those Yeezus sales.

Same here at my job in Houston but they have horrible taste so it's cool.

kamspy

Listen to Return of Mr. Zone 6.

It's probably Gucci's most accessible, current, solo album.

The beat on Mouth Full of Gold and This is What I Do >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Drumma Boy snapped on this album. It's probably his best work.

Im on it, gonna get it now. Can't believe Ive been sleepin on Gucci for so long.

radric davis vs the state >>>>

Getting this as well. Gucci knows car music

Jay Z is making it rain! Fresh off the release of his 12th solo album. Magna Carta…Holy Grail, the music and business mogul has been showing his gratitude with lots of zeros. “Earlier this year he handed out $50,000 bonuses to everyone in his company, which includes assistants and very low-level people,” a Jay Z employee tells Star. “He even promised another bonus for Christmas.”
“He’s extremely generous – most celebrities are supercheap when it comes to running their businesses,” says the insider. “He knows if his employees are happy, it will benefit him in the long run. His only demand was for everyone to have fun with the money.”

God damn. Wish I was a low level nobody at Roc Nation

Tokubetsu

Definitely. I also love "Brinks" with Master P.

IrishNinja

also gospel music made in small hateful churches, or barns at least 3 months into foreclosure...it's a very distinct sound, ya'll prolly wouldn't know if you heard it doe

Kwixotik

I like that Gucci exists but I don't necessarily like listening to Gucci.

Is there a good music program that's not iTunes that is compatible with iPods? iTunes is just too slow for me. Album art support is nice too so it's not butt ugly.

Man enjoy it. Im 22, just graduated college. College years are the best. And I got college for free so I was basically where you were with no debt. Growing up in a shitty area has its benefits. Got paid to go to college.

Got paid to go to college; how does that work? I'm assuming you don't mean a scholarship that you earned?

Also been getting back into listening to some Butterscotch. I love her so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6VgGSGY3w

IrishNinja

that death grips thread is an embarassment even by OT hip hop thread levels, dudes are yelling from their lawn about how much they've read about music composition and this clearly falls outside of that or something

Is "It's A Art" any good? Danny Brown + Johnson&Johnson piqued my interest

it's decent. A lot more experimental with the production than XXX, that's for sure. Detroit State of Mind 2 off of it is hot though

Edit: Maybe it's better than decent. Revisiting it right now and I'm liking more tracks than I recall
Even if they were "one thing" or a single genre, they'd still be pushing the envelope. The instrumentals and lyrics are progressive in so many ways. They DO make good music, objectively, even if you don't "get it". It's a fact.

Disgusting mooooose. Quite disappointed

overcast

There are those rappers that fall under the "don't believe his lies" category. Jay Electronica and Andre 3000 are prime examples.

mooooose

Other than his Knuckleheadz and Cherchez la Ghost verses, this is the best thing U-God has ever done.

http://youtu.be/cS7sZ1qUqnA?t=2m46s

Just the way his hands come into frame and then never stop for the rest of the verse. It's kills me every time.

His old man flow, his stupid voice, his corny lyrical matter and delivery. It's everything.

Also his ridiculous verse over the Yonkers beat at like 9:30. It's just so bad.

IrishNinja

all your examples bow down before DOOM

i want to believe in a 3 stacks solo so hard

Other than his Knuckleheadz and Cherchez la Ghost verses, this is the best thing U-God has ever done.

http://youtu.be/cS7sZ1qUqnA?t=2m46s

Just the way his hands come into frame and then never stop for the rest of the verse. It's kills me every time.

His old man flow, his stupid voice, his corny lyrical matter and delivery. It's everything.

Also his ridiculous verse over the Yonkers beat at like 9:30. It's just so bad.

i need to gif the hand thing from 3:55 onwards but i dont know when it'd ever be used

edit wow Masta Killa is not made for freestyling, much less followin Mef's energy/style

mooooose

I'm thinking about my favorite hip hop albums.

OB4CL
Illmatic
6 Feet Deep
Liquid Swords
Ironman
Wu Forever
Come Home With Me
Hell Hath No Fury
MM Food
Madvillainy
XXX
Good Kid Maad City

A lot of artists here I don't love but they made albums significantly better than artists I (currently at least) like more. No ASAP or Q album belongs with these, as much as I like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom