• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Toku it's your birthday if you don't leave this place and go find a drunk hot girl I'm never gonna let you live this down.

Man,I've had a long day. I actually turned down this girl I was fucking a few weeks ago. I tried to distance myself from her (ended it). She was thirsty for awhile stopped. I get a call today, then texts later asking if "we can go out tonight." Nah, it was good but I just don't care about her like that. We tried, it was supposed to just be some fun thing but she was showing up all hours, texting all hours, introducing me to all her friends, almost getting me jumped and supposedly I wasn't the only dude she was fucking? Nah.

Besides, My birthday is peak Heart of Darkness Toku. Last things I need right now are mad drinks and bitches. I'm making changes. I had lobster and cake.

facts only forget drunk & hot girls. both the song and the real deal.

it's nearly 3 am and Ka is speaking to me right now

things could be better but maybe they aren't so bad

iavi

Yes. I only fuck with a local market's ranch dressing. God himself uses it with his pizza.

Homemade pizza + ranch = the piffest shit one will ever, ever eat.

my man.

I'm nowhere near on the homemade pizza game yet, though, as much as I should be. I'll get there.

CRS

133422_1806585683878_8312072_o.jpg

131598_1806598604201_189935_o.jpg

170352_1806610004486_2299870_o.jpg

132250_1806589683978_1511334_o.jpg

This right here is what I'm talking about. Even the flames were on that purp.

I just dip the crusts in ranch. Lets keep it 100 though ranch is the blue collar caesar.

Yes and no. Caesar has very limited uses while ranch is super versatile so I always prefer ranch over caesar.

iavi

stay cooking pizza in an oven straight out of Dark Souls.

I was actually just wondering if I could get some form of countertop/outdoor brick oven this morning. Thanks for reminding me to check.

E: looks like some mock bullshit is about all I can expect, save building myself one outdoors.

E2: wow those pics are making me hungry

ranch is great. but some people take it to extremes. i'm convinced that if it were deemed socially acceptable some people would just throw a whole pizza into a vat of it and then consume it.

CRS

ranch is great. but some people take it to extremes. i'm convinced that if it were deemed socially acceptable some people would just throw a whole pizza into a vat of it and then consume it.

I kinda agree with this. People overdo it and ruin whatever food they were eating.

Just add a fucking teaspoon or two of it per slice and you're fine. I see people get the container/bottle and put it all over the slice and shake my head in disgust.

Oh and hot sauce + ranch + pizza is the perfect trifecta.

iavi

If it's any pizza past ratchet, no ranch is going on there anyway. I'd actually want to taste the ingredients with those.

E: hot sauce? good god no. I love spicy, but please don't come near my pizza. That just feels like you're desecrating some unwritten creed.

mooooose

Went to Brooklyn tonight and saw glassjaw, balance and composure and worlds fair holy SHIT ZEHAY A GREAR SHOW. I'm drunk still. But goddamn. Worlds fair killed it great shoe for a crowd that didn't give two shits. Met Cody after the show but he was high as fuck. Hopefully they show up at run the jewels next week or that is as good, this set the bar high.

Tokubetsu

hey guys, is fringe worth watching? might start it up

GAF hates s5 but I think Fringe gets better every season. S1 has some peaks but kinda sucks, s2, around episode 21 ("Northwest Passage," still one of my favorite episodes of the series) is where I started really falling for the show hard. Season 3 is good and Season 4 is probably the peak of the series. S4 is pretty great front to back. S5 is great too but I thought the last episode was kinda weak, felt super predictable but not so weak I fault the whole series.

S4 > S5 > S3 > S2 > S1

Fringe is part of that classic scifi show trope where it basically gets better the more they focus on characters and mythology and less on monster of the week shit.

Basically don't really start judging the show hard until you're near the end of s2.

Also, the episode with Peter Weller is one of the greatest scifi tv episodes ever. Think that's season 3.

iavi

Went to Brooklyn tonight and saw glassjaw, balance and composure and worlds fair holy SHIT ZEHAY A GREAR SHOW. I'm drunk still. But goddamn. Worlds fair killed it great shoe for a crowd that didn't give two shits. Met Cody after the show but he was high as fuck. Hopefully they show up at run the jewels next week or that is as good, this set the bar high.

who?

Tokubetsu

sounds good to me. i might have to marathon season 1 so i can 'get it over with' if it's as bad as you say.

I mean, it's not god awful. It's just weak as fuck, especially compared to where the show went. It's heavy on monster of the week, a lot of them aren't that interesting. By the end of s2 though a lot of the characters start shining through, chemistry started peaking etc. They focused to heavy on Olivia in s1. Once they start really shining on Peter, Walter etc it gets a lot better.

codhand

sweet, so yesterday i got my run the jewels lp too

damn i need an instrumental of albert einstein, seriously some of these beats are otherworldly

prodigy sounding like he never got over that infamous summer jam, trying to turn the thug up to a metaphoric "11" for an audience that isnt interested

Grzi

Saw the Wu-Tang Clan perform last night, it wasn't perfect but it was too emotional for me since they're my favorite group ever, there's no way I can be objective. Usually I like to chill at shows, you know, enjoy the music, nod my head and what not, but as soon as Bring Da Ruckus started playing I ran toward the first rows and shit got wild as fuck, I was rapping every single line, I can barely speak today.

Random thoughts:
Dudes are old and it shows, don't get me wrong, they were great but were mostly standing around, barely moving, it was especially noticeable with the GZA who would disappear after every verse. Dude looks really old too.
I was disappointed with Ghostface the most, I expected him to shine, but dude barely interacted with the crowd, he sounded good but that's about it, you could barely notice him on stage.
Oh yeah, Rae wasn't there.
Deck looks really old too, but he did good, I won't lie, I teared up a bit during his verse on Triumph.

The star of the show was definitely Method Man. I've heard a bunch of people say how he (and Redman) is one of the best rappers live, but nothing prepared me for this. First of all, he looks at least 15 years younger than the rest of the clan, the way he moves, raps and interacts with the crowd is hypnotizing, really amazing. Every single move he made looked cool as fuck and got the crowd hype, he was beating his chest like King Kong, dancing, walking on top of the crowd, people were eating that shit up. I did.. He sounded great too, and at times it looked like a Method Man featuring The Wu-Tag Clan show. Dude really needs to find a good executive producer and drop a classic album, I was always a fan, but now I almost have a man crush on him.

Anyway, I'm glad I got to see them, and I had a hell of a time, despite some shortcomings.

codhand

i seen wu about four times, they always stand around and still kill it like that, meth is the exception, who is like a cross-fit instructor compared to the group

mooooose

IDK when it happened but I'm now kinda hype about the immediate rap future.

Earl, ASAP Ferg, Flatbush Zombies, and World's Fair in the next month? That's pretty dope.

IrishNinja

i seen wu about four times, they always stand around and still kill it like that, meth is the exception, who is like a cross-fit instructor compared to the group

haha, this is totally true from what i saw as well
it was true back on jigga's hard knock life tour in the day, where jay and everyone else basically stood there for their sets (well, DMX ripped his shirt and barked but that was it) while meth & red flew in on wires while smoking out

Yall act like Jay didn't go right back to '99 on the end of Picasso Baby when the beat changes. smh.

that's not how i remember '99 at all tho

Saw the Wu-Tang Clan perform last night, it wasn't perfect but it was too emotional for me since they're my favorite group ever, there's no way I can be objective. Usually I like to chill at shows, you know, enjoy the music, nod my head and what not, but as soon as Bring Da Ruckus started playing I ran toward the first rows and shit got wild as fuck, I was rapping every single line, I can barely speak today.

Random thoughts:
Dudes are old and it shows, don't get me wrong, they were great but were mostly standing around, barely moving, it was especially noticeable with the GZA who would disappear after every verse. Dude looks really old too.
I was disappointed with Ghostface the most, I expected him to shine, but dude barely interacted with the crowd, he sounded good but that's about it, you could barely notice him on stage.
Oh yeah, Rae wasn't there.
Deck looks really old too, but he did good, I won't lie, I teared up a bit during his verse on Triumph.

The star of the show was definitely Method Man. I've heard a bunch of people say how he (and Redman) is one of the best rappers live, but nothing prepared me for this. First of all, he looks at least 15 years younger than the rest of the clan, the way he moves, raps and interacts with the crowd is hypnotizing, really amazing. Every single move he made looked cool as fuck and got the crowd hype, he was beating his chest like King Kong, dancing, walking on top of the crowd, people were eating that shit up. I did.. He sounded great too, and at times it looked like a Method Man featuring The Wu-Tag Clan show. Dude really needs to find a good executive producer and drop a classic album, I was always a fan, but now I almost have a man crush on him.

Anyway, I'm glad I got to see them, and I had a hell of a time, despite some shortcomings.

If you see the clan without Method Man? Either RZA or Ghost just step up an channel all that Meth energy. I seen GZA Masta Killa Rae and Ghost last year and Ghost was incredible. Crowd interaction, crazy energy, all that shit. Guy killed it.

Same about 3 years ago the whole clan was there except for Meth and that time RZA was the energy guy. Just wildin out with mad energy.

mooooose

I've never seen Wu live. I am a bad fan. Can't put down the money or effort for what will be a mediocre set with a bunch of old heads and white dudes waving their arm and bopping. I want people to bounce and mosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom