• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen Wu live. I am a bad fan. Can't put down the money or effort for what will be a mediocre set with a bunch of old heads and white dudes waving their arm and bopping. I want people to bounce and mosh.

Majority of Wu shows Ive been to people bounce and mosh crazy as shit. Meth usually starts it too

kamspy

As far as Redman goes, I'm skep about Muddy 2. I hate when albums get sequels. I can't think of any that were good unless I'm missing a biggun.

Reggie........................................ Reggie cut me deeep It was the first honest to goodness Redman album I'd ever heard, which spans over a decade of listening to the dude, that just had absolutely zero energy or love. It was almost like Def Jam sent him the beats and hooks and said "last chance old man". I hate that album.

But, all his leaks since then have been very encouraging. I'd be more hyped i think if it was Muddy 2. Muddy isn't even Red's best album imo. 3rd at best.

Then its probably a US thing that everytime Ive heard of a wu show it sounds boring other than meth standing on people

I remember a couple years ago me and my friends flew to Manchester in England to see the Wu (No Ireland dates). Average sized venue, we were up near the front and the whole concert, I mean from start to finish was just crazy. People jumping around and moshing like hell. People just going wild and having a good time. One of the best shows Ive seen.

Crazy part of this is that Meth wasn't there. It was all RZA and Ghost keeping the crowd going wild the whole time.

kamspy

Redman order

Doc's Da Name
Malpractice
Blackout!
Muddy Waters = Red Gone Wild
Dare Iz a Darkside (see What Thee Album notes, but to a lesser extent)
Ill at Will Vol 1
Blackout! 2
Whut Thee Album (he's barely the same rapper, different style. Like comparing pre RD Jay to the Jay we know)
Ill at Will Vol 2

Reckoner

Lately I've been listening to a lot of hip-hop artists. 2 Chainz, Rye Rye's Sunshine song, Kanye, J. Cole, Chance The Rapper, etc. Are there some great albums that you guys can recommend? Some old and new stuff.

Grzi

I've never seen Wu live. I am a bad fan. Can't put down the money or effort for what will be a mediocre set with a bunch of old heads and white dudes waving their arm and bopping. I want people to bounce and mosh.

The crowd was really wild here (Croatia), bouncing, mosh pits, everything, it was pretty hype.

Raekwon is such a fucking idiot. He's not doing anything on his own that makes more money than a Wu Tang show.

Yup, no one knows why he didn't show up. Too bad, he'd probably enjoy the Mediterranean cuisine.

Esch

Banned
I feel like Rae tried really hard to be relevant for a couple years a while back but I guess he just said fukk it and went back to eating cheeseburgers

Samk

Is anyone talking Aesop Rock? I thought Skelethon was awesome. Zero Dark thirty, ZZZ top, and track 7(Black bird?) are all real good. The word play is amazing, I still hear new things every time I listen. Dude spits.

I thought Manga Carta was best Jay's been in a while. I thought Watch the Throne was cool, but predictable. He's a better musician than Kayne so I think he does better on his own. Just sayin'

Tokubetsu

I feel like Rae tried really hard to be relevant for a couple years a while back but I guess he just said fukk it and went back to eating cheeseburgers

OBCLII got him a lot of buzz and he couldn't keep it up. So yea, he just went back to eating burgers.

Super excited for Doris and Stay Trippy.

Samk

Skelethon was good but I never find myself going back to it all like I do with his older releases.

It's just his style, imo. There's no one song (maybe ZD30) that I listened to on a loop like most new releases. But I'll keep it in my rotation because no matter what song comes on its quality. There's no party/barcadi bullshit that makes me roll me eyes.

did anybody else on this planet like IV-Play? It's long-winded but I think it has plenty of highs. "Michael" has some grade A badass delivery from nash.

Dereck

It's just his style, imo. There's no one song (maybe ZD30) that I listened to on a loop like most new releases. But I'll keep it in my rotation because no matter what song comes on its quality. There's no party/barcadi bullshit that makes me roll me eyes.
What's just his style?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Or worse, he tried his hand at starting a label with that Icewater shit and it went nowhere.

He's still running his label and shit, heavy twitter presence. But he doesn't seem to realize you cannot starve the streets as an independent artist. You gotta be releasing shit all the time. There's a reason Curren$y releases a bunch of shit, there's a reason KRIT was releasing big mixtapes yearly before he got a deal, etc. Rae thinks he's worth more than he is, and somehow his mere existence will make him hot.

He did the Combat Jack show a few months ago, for instance. Great interview, lots of stories, and Just Blaze was nerding out with him. Then at the end they asked him to freestyle and he was like "I don't rap for free yo..." and they basically had to beg him to do an old verse. I'm sorry but if JUST BLAZE asks you for a freestyle, you should probably do it. It's that type of arrogance that leads him to snub Wu tours and talk shit about the next Wu album. A full Wu Tang tour would be easy money for all of them. It's not 1997 anymore but they would still make dough.

And another thing: for all his complaining about RZA beats, he keeps picking the shittiest beats possible. You got weed carriers getting dope Alchemist beats yet Rae can't? Harry Fraud gives beats to Mayhem Lauren (who I really like, don't get me wrong)...but Rae can't get any? Apollo Brown, Quelle Chris, Tommy Mas, Roc Marciano, Statik? He's still rapping over 2005 mixtape quality beats in 2013. Getting struggle beats from Scram Jones and shit.

HiResDes

Is anyone talking Aesop Rock? I thought Skelethon was awesome. Zero Dark thirty, ZZZ top, and track 7(Black bird?) are all real good. The word play is amazing, I still hear new things every time I listen. Dude spits.

I thought Manga Carta was best Jay's been in a while. I thought Watch the Throne was cool, but predictable. He's a better musician than Kayne so I think he does better on his own. Just sayin'
That's a pretty idiotic thing to say.

bowery

k-pop tends to be a misinterpreted, twisted, regurgitated bite off american music trends that they pick up on like months to a year late

Jay Z doesn't even know what he's talking about. Have you seen those MCHG mini doc things? Timbo even hits Hov with the dafuckdisjiggatalmbout look.

Tokubetsu

Maybe if he says Basquiat enough times people will think he's smart, and into high brow things. What do you think Jay thinks about when he looks at himself in the mirror? Does he even have mirrors in his house? I bet Kanye West talks to himself aloud while looking in the mirror.

Samk

I haven't heard of it.

I just liked all jay-z's stuff, I'm not trying to justify everything.

I just can't stand Kayne. Just my opinion. I'm sure he's introspective, though.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Who is a part of Raekwons H20 icewater label thingymabob? To be fair to him not that i've listened to either of them in full but in relation to Rae being lazy didn't he drop both Lost Jewelry and a Tonite Show with DJ Fresh that unfortunately sounded god awful in the previews I listened to off of it this year? Also Jay Z thinks his 5 minute old daughter told him to remind people that fuck the shit you talking about he's that ninja. Clearly dementia is setting in so it's not really fair to talk about his artistic merit at this point in time.

Kwixotik

How big does a rapper have to make it to not have a 9-5? I've always wondered how much some smaller rappers/bands make, but it's kinda hard to get that information.

HiResDes

I think Kanye is dumb. He should have spent more time in college, where he supposedly got all that knowledge. Jay-z has something to say still. And I think he has a better hear for arrangements.
You hate Ye because hes egotistical, brash, and self-absorbed and I get that, but hes also the guy thats been sonning Hovs entire artistical direction, bravado, and fashion choices for the better part of a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom