• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

freestyle? sure drizzy, sure.

oh my, spoiler tag button aww hell yeah!

still, great track

damn that motion beat is amazing*. can't wait. and no that's not trolling, I never jumped off the drake bandwagon.

*eh the ending kinda sucks, would be better 808 style (minimal to no drums)

HiiiLife

I used to be indifferent to Drake for the longest. Like, even when he dropped So Far Gone. Maybe I leaned more towards a dislike for him. These past few months have really made me into a fan though. Went back and really checked out Take Care and SFG again and thoroughly enjoyed them. TML was meh though. Lol. "The Motion" is cool.

damn that motion beat is amazing. can't wait. and no that's not trolling, I never jumped off the drake bandwagon.

I dig it. And same, I'm fairly interested in NWTS.

Disabling GAF-Dark because shit doesn't work. Brave New World I'm entering.

Temporary Pro Dark replacement right here. It's a bit slapped together, but it's as good as you'll get until the official one is updated.

And this "Big Kill" is the only offensively bad weed carrier on ESGN. The rest of em are just mostly mediocre filler, but not totally unlistenable. Lucky for my ears he's only on 2 tracks. Might chop those verses and fade the track in Audacity or something

DominoKid

Drake got them prime Hov vibes on that PND track.
Killed Cole on the Jodeci shit
The Motion is hot. Chicks gonna love that.
And he set the trap shit off. Whole verse is ridic.

Jeez this dude is a fuckin 5 tool player. Drake coming after Hov and Ye for that top spot like youre supposed to do.

HiiiLife

Why am I listening to the chopped and screwed tracks on the OVO soundcloud? Lol. What am I doinggggggggg. *drake voice*

Jay Sosa

have to say I quite like the new design, especially the neogaf font is great. Now I only have to get autopager to work again.

yeah i posted the bit from the review that talked about it. it's been a big thing this year because people are sensitivity (of all kinds) seems to be one of the major themes of 2013. everybody has to watch what they say these days, even rappers. and they're supposed to be the rebels, the folks that make you uncomfortable. that shows you how far we've come.

the Rick Ross UOENO set it off. there's been a few more examples since. Tyler and his Mountain Dew shit. i've even heard folks complain about how much Cole says bitch, to use an example.

but the big thing now is the philosophical discussions about the "rampant misogyny" and culturally insensitive stuff in Yeezus. an example. funny shit is that everyone is like "oh it's so fucked up how he talks about women, but damn that shit bumps though." IMO you can't complain about it if you're still going to listen to it. but that's just me.

ultimately i really couldn't care less and it doesn't even register to me really. of course the PC police would say that's part of the problem. male privilege, and so on...

Emmett Till line too. What's kind of funny about people complaining about all this stuff being sensitive is that UEONO sells actually shot up a lot during whole controversy

Grzi

ESGN > BFK, it's not even a competition.

5 or 6 wack guest verses can't ruin a great (20 song) album.
It just flows so much better and every track is above average.

Cudder

ESGN > BFK, it's not even a competition.

5 or 6 wack guest verses can't ruin a great (20 song) album.
It just flows so much better and every track is above average.

The lows on BFK were so goddamn low. ESGN is way more consistent throughout the whole album.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
yeah i posted the bit from the review that talked about it. it's been a big thing this year because people are sensitivity (of all kinds) seems to be one of the major themes of 2013. everybody has to watch what they say these days, even rappers. and they're supposed to be the rebels, the folks that make you uncomfortable. that shows you how far we've come.

the Rick Ross UOENO set it off. there's been a few more examples since. Tyler and his Mountain Dew shit. i've even heard folks complain about how much Cole says bitch, to use an example.

but the big thing now is the philosophical discussions about the "rampant misogyny" and culturally insensitive stuff in Yeezus. an example. funny shit is that everyone is like "oh it's so fucked up how he talks about women, but damn that shit bumps though." IMO you can't complain about it if you're still going to listen to it. but that's just me.

ultimately i really couldn't care less and it doesn't even register to me really. of course the PC police would say that's part of the problem. male privilege, and so on...

Shit is cyclical. "Feminist women love Eminem..."

Esch

Banned
The Emmett Till line kind of disgusted me more than any of the recent stuff has. Aside from the complete fucking lack of respect for a victim of a horrible crime, imagine what a pussy beat up like Emmett Till would actually look like.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
See, I can't even take your countertrolling seriously. The only person who could have an opinion that stunningly terrible is wenis and I don't blame him for it cause he got all his taste pegged out of him.

I forgot the safety word.

Jay Sosa

The Emmett Till line kind of disgusted me more than any of the recent stuff has. Aside from the complete fucking lack of respect for a victim of a horrible crime, imagine what a pussy beat up like Emmett Till would actually look like.

which idiot said that? I'm not easily offended but that's way out of line.

caesar

Banned

kanye has a line about emmet till on through the wire, much better than lil waynes line.

How do you console my mom or give her light support
Telling her her son's on life support?
And just imagine how my girl feel
On the plane, scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till

Lil Wayne. Just an ignorant line. If Macklemore or Mac Miller said that there would be some movement/protests. Wayne? After a week no one cared.

This is the same guy who constantly denigrates dark skinned black women and no one says shit. I really cannot stand that ugly troll faced fatherfucker.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Yea, that lined annoyed the fuck out of me, so I bump the Wayneless version. That shit was cringeworthy bad.

Same with Ross' UOENO verse.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
kanye has a line about emmet till on through the wire, much better than lil waynes line.

How do you console my mom or give her light support
Telling her her son's on life support?
And just imagine how my girl feel
On the plane, scared as hell that her guy look like Emmett Till

Yeah that's not even in the same ball park as Wayne's totally inappropriate use.

HiResDes

Man I can't wait to hear the full version of some of these KRIT tracks, I'm revisiting King Remembered and it's super underrated I think for a KRIT street album.

Jay Sosa

completely different contextually, incomparable really

yep, even though it's a bit tasteless to use it as punchline I have no problem with that one.

Man I can't wait to hear the full version of some of these KRIT tracks, I'm revisiting King Remembered and it's super underrated I think for a KRIT street album.

you mean his last one? Yeah after being disappointed at first I really started to like it after listening to it a couple times while driving.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Graduation has some of the best songs in Ye's entire career. Can't Tell Me Nothing, Champion, Everything I Am, Good Morning, Homecoming, Stronger. IMO Can't Tell Me Nothing, Everything I Am and Stronger (yes it's been worn out for most of us, but it's still one of his best songs ever) are in discussion for best Ye song ever.

It's the bad songs that pull it down and make it inconsistent vs. the rest of his discography. Ranking his albums weighs heavily on nitpicking consistency for me.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Is this what it's come to. A kanye cycle for songs now. Was comparing albums not enough for you monster's. You have to do it track by track now? Smh

HiResDes

Hey I was trying to talk about my KRIT revisit, but Enzo barges in here and starts talking about Graduation of all albums.

iavi

Graduation has some of the best songs in Ye's entire career. Can't Tell Me Nothing, Champion, Everything I Am, Good Morning, Homecoming, Stronger. IMO Can't Tell Me Nothing, Everything I Am and Stronger (yes it's been worn out for most of us, but it's still one of his best songs ever) are in discussion for best Ye song ever.

It's the bad songs that pull it down and make it inconsistent vs. the rest of his discography. Ranking his albums weighs heavily on nitpicking consistency for me.

pyyCTzV.gif

Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom