• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much wasted space, pages are too wide, and the Pro Dark Skin is broken until updated so I'm stuck with this cornea searing white.

NeoGaf stahp

cacophony

lol each post is fucking huge

so

much

space ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ whoa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------sup

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At least EviLore is aware of the biggest issues (too bright, too much white/negative space).

Otherwise it's an improvement, especially knowing that logo font is tentative.

lol each post is fucking huge

so

much

space ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ whoa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------sup

sup brah

i'm just posting on gaf. listening to that new freddie gibbs

it's pretty cool

IrishNinja

my ego needs that who quoted you back around nahmean

this is fine i guess, its always nice when gamefaqs influences GAF

Esch

Banned
Saab Stories is just alright but ESGN is merely good/aight. It just doesn't feel very 'special' to me, kind of like a step back from #BFK which i rocked for ages. Guess that's what happens when your funding gets cut tho... Maybe it stands out more for me cause Freddie's projects aren't QUITE as frequent as other rappers... It just feels kinda lonely. Freddie Gibbs needs to make more friends.

DominoKid

ASAP Rocky dropping a FreEP of storm sounds sometime this summer

Dig A$AP Rocky's woozy production but not his rapping? Well, A$AP Rocky has some good news for you: Later this year he'll release an all-instrumental album called Beauty and the Beast: Slowed Down Sessions, Chapter 1 (via MTV). The Harlem MC will produce the entire record himself, which he describes to the shock of absolutely no one as "really druggy, ambient shit." More specifically, he says that the tape is "like classical beautiful music and boom-bap Wu-Tang shit mixed together." No exact date has yet been revealed, but Rocky did say that the tape will "get people through the summer."

Esch

Banned
damn i wonder who gaf hop 2013 rookie poster of the year will be... no standouts yet

too many j. cole fans

DominoKid

MF DOOM >> Kanye

is this a test?
jZmh2v2.png

IrishNinja

The more I listen to Yeezus the more I hate the autotune. It's becoming a real distraction for me.

big ghostface kinda naield it for me, blood on the leaves would be so much better if he didnt go HAM on the autotune singing shit at the end, id love to let the sample just fade out but he kinda shits it up

i don't think id mind if he was more selective about when he uses it

We need another U-God meltdown. More SwagJesus/Llexh swishing on Recon too lol

we're overdue, yeah

IrishNinja

the stashed away, almost secret nature of the community forum

i use sub's so i totally forget this but yeah, totally explains the lack of influx. my jazz-hop thread dropped the fuck off with new members when it was community ghetto'd a little while back too

Esch

Banned
man reading that 2011 thread is like a different universe. I kinda miss subbing shit out in classic verses to fit the discussion of the thread. But there's less trolling in here now.

GAF-Hop was basically someone jumping in saying "Yo, fuck ____" Then there would be a big ass argument then someone would say Stillmatic > Illmatic and shit would get wild.

I miss those days

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Boring, tired flows that don't really match the production. Not even the production is noteworthy tbh

There is nothing wrong with SAAB.... If you like Action Bronson you'll like SAAB. He switches up the flow a few times and the production is good in an old school east coast way.

I also heard pitchfork (aka the last people on earth who should do rap reviews) did a rap review (go figure) of his album criticizing it for its cover of Asian hookers (though in reality either models or groupies) and the fact he raps about Asian hookers... When did Hip Hop have to worry about being PC?

Esch

Banned
yo, fuck Schoolboy Q

edit: see, that won't even work. I'm gonna have to start taking more shots at old classics that sit too comfortably on their laurels.

edit2: bullshit who would think that. Stillmatic is a 7/10 album tops. Maybe 8.

Esch

Banned
the fuck? habits&contradictions >>>>> gkmc

See, I can't even take your countertrolling seriously. The only person who could have an opinion that stunningly terrible is wenis and I don't blame him for it cause he got all his taste pegged out of him.

DominoKid

There is nothing wrong with SAAB.... If you like Action Bronson you'll like SAAB. He switches up the flow a few times and the production is good in an old school east coast way.

I also heard pitchfork (aka the last people on earth who should do rap reviews) did a rap review (go figure) of his album criticizing it for its cover of Asian hookers (though in reality either models or groupies) and the fact he raps about Asian hookers... When did Hip Hop have to worry about being PC?

yeah i posted the bit from the review that talked about it. it's been a big thing this year because people are sensitivity (of all kinds) seems to be one of the major themes of 2013. everybody has to watch what they say these days, even rappers. and they're supposed to be the rebels, the folks that make you uncomfortable. that shows you how far we've come.

the Rick Ross UOENO set it off. there's been a few more examples since. Tyler and his Mountain Dew shit. i've even heard folks complain about how much Cole says bitch, to use an example.

but the big thing now is the philosophical discussions about the "rampant misogyny" and culturally insensitive stuff in Yeezus. an example. funny shit is that everyone is like "oh it's so fucked up how he talks about women, but damn that shit bumps though." IMO you can't complain about it if you're still going to listen to it. but that's just me.

ultimately i really couldn't care less and it doesn't even register to me really. of course the PC police would say that's part of the problem. male privilege, and so on...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
See, I can't even take your countertrolling seriously. The only person who could have an opinion that stunningly terrible is wenis and I don't blame him for it cause he got all his taste pegged out of him.

(0.0) now that is how you shit talk.....Bravo

CRS

GAF being more PC, and moderation enforcing PC more changed GAF-Hop as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom