• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESGN on heavy repeat for a few days now. Totally been ignoring Yeezus and Mac since Gibbs dropped need to go back to those.. Def gonna make my top albums at the end of the year.

Cudder

heard a Death Grips song on Songza on the way in to work this morning, sounded cool. With that and the fact that Yeezus is being described as a kind of My-first/Baby's first industrial/noise/experimental hip hop album, what album should I start with?

HiResDes

heard a Death Grips song on Songza on the way in to work this morning, sounded cool. With that and the fact that Yeezus is being described as a kind of My-first/Baby's first industrial/noise/experimental hip hop album, what album should I start with?

Money Store is the easiest Death Grips album to get into, and it's still not for the faint of heart. I love it though. I would start with Dalek's Abandoned Language.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

The Money Store ----> Exmilitary -----> No Love DEEP WEB ------> Singles and random releases.

iavi

ESGN on heavy repeat for a few days now. Totally been ignoring Yeezus and Mac since Gibbs dropped need to go back to those.. Def gonna make my top albums at the end of the year.

I can't get over how much Gibbs sounds like DMX. Google Music's even reccomending DMX to me since I started listening through ESGN. Just fucks everything up.

And I nominate 'Came Up' for wasted potential of the year. That bass/those 808s don't even mesh with the sample's melody.

I think King Remembered is the closest successor to Wuz Here KRIT's made.

I think it's more of a blend of Returnof4eva and KRIT WUZ Here. I was disappointed in his newest tape maybe I'll give it another listen was heavily into him during Returnof4eva which shoulda been his debut album.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Graduation has Flashing Lights. It can never be his worst album.

Cole got embarrassed on that Drake track, and Drake wasn't even rapper that thorough. Geeze.

Novid

Banned
Graduation has some of the best songs in Ye's entire career. Can't Tell Me Nothing, Champion, Everything I Am, Good Morning, Homecoming, Stronger. IMO Can't Tell Me Nothing, Everything I Am and Stronger (yes it's been worn out for most of us, but it's still one of his best songs ever) are in discussion for best Ye song ever.

It's the bad songs that pull it down and make it inconsistent vs. the rest of his discography. Ranking his albums weighs heavily on nitpicking consistency for me.

I would add Barry Bonds and I Wonder. I Wonder is one of his most Underrated in his whole career.

kamspy

I'm starting to think Gibbs should be the sidekick in a duo or something.

He's two more mediocre years from being Slaughterhouse level bitter.

Feels bad tho, dude had talent. He reminds me of a late 90s west coast gangsta rap weed carrier these days. Like some dude Mack 10 would have on 4 tracks on his album, and they'd all be dope ass features though. I don't think he's bad. It's his subject matter. He would be much better off just going full on trap/ignant. Kill off like half the words per song too. Fast rapping Gibbs isn't a Gibbs anyone ever asked for.

Str8 Killa No Filla is still his best shit, and his best song is still the verses he went in on Masta Ace - Sittin on Chrome beat.
Barry Bonds and Drunk and Hot Girls are the worst tracks Kanye has done. All Of The Lights is up there too.

Are we counting the last two ""songs"" on MBDTF? Because those would pretty much win by default.

Oh, and NuGaf is dope. I browse on a big screen TV from a couch tho, so it's already zoomed 150%. I like it. No clue how it would look on a desk or laptop tho.

Stronger was all over clubs here when it dropped. Track is great, dont know what the fuck ya'll are on.

If this thread becomes about Drake from now on, as much as its been about Kanye lately Blackace needs to nuke this shit fast.

thabiz

the kanye stanning is a bit much now. I dont think ive ever seen an album discussed this much. its starting to get nauseous. I almost welcome the drake talk at this point.

PBY

Banned
the kanye stanning is a bit much now. I dont think ive ever seen an album discussed this much. its starting to get nauseous. I almost welcome the drake talk at this point.
You weren't around for MBDTF huh

Kanye owns this thread til Jay drops. And that's good. We needed an event album, shit was too slow

Detox

Be glad you're not being bombarded with rapgenius links about how deep it all is and you just don't get it.

DominoKid

it's only natural that Kanye's dominating the talk when he just put out the most interesting album we will hear this year.

but yes.
let's talk about Drake and how he's the best of the new generation.
only person even in the same league as him is Kendrick and he can't hit all every audience like Drake.

it's only natural that Kanye's dominating the talk when he just put out the most interesting album we will hear this year.

but yes.
let's talk about Drake and how he's the best of the new generation.
only person even in the same league as him is Kendrick and he can't hit all every audience like Drake.

And Im done.

DominoKid

^^^ i'd throw a few more >>>> before Cole on lyrical ability but that's just me. for a self proclaimed lyricist he's got some all-time bad bars and facepalm moments. and frequently as fuck too.

And Im done.

bye hater
ifxHHceMOa6Rr.png

GAF-Hop initiation thing
Does anybody actually fill these out?

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - West, but west coast in like 1995.
Favorite Artist - Right now? Childish Gambino-- Ever? Tupac
Best feature killer- Eminem
Favourite producer- RZA
Favourite album- All Eyez on Me

What's in your playlist right now? - Childish Gambino (all albums), Adam WarRock (You dare call that thing human), Black Star (Black Star), and a whole lot of folk music.

PBY

Banned
GAF-Hop initiation thing
Does anybody actually fill these out?

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - West, but west coast in like 1995.
Favorite Artist - Right now? Childish Gambino-- Ever? Tupac
Best feature killer- Eminem
Favourite producer- RZA
Favourite album- All Eyez on Me

What's in your playlist right now? - Childish Gambino (all albums), Adam WarRock (You dare call that thing human), Black Star (Black Star), and a whole lot of folk music.
Yeah people actually do these.

People gon get you for that childish gambino stannery

edit: but welcome! What are ur thoughts on yeezus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom