• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Let them come.

tumblr_la1s85dKpb1qbrus1o1_r1_500.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Hmm I don't know about your flow ranking Kdot is clearly better than Cole flow wise.
That's true. On GKMC kdot stepped his flow up. On most of section.80 I would've ranked them the same. I approve you motion the new school ranking have been updated.

Updated*

Flow:

Drake > kdot >> cole

Lyrical ability:

Kdot > drake >>>> cole

Lyrical variety:

Drake > kdot >>>>>>>>> cole

EloquentM

aka Mannny
^^^Lol this ninja is a millionaire and still talking about struggle raps. He's been doing this for years.

Lol at sad panda cole being defended in the comments at the complex article.

That's true. On GKMC kdot stepped his flow up. On most of section.80 I would've ranked them the same. I approve you motion the new school ranking have been updated.

Updated*

Flow:

Drake > kdot >> cole

Lyrical ability:

Kdot > drake >>>> cole

Lyrical variety:

Drake > kdot >>>>>>>>> cole

See while I think Kdot is above in all three categories in this list I can see why'd you put Drake over Kdot.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
it's only natural that Kanye's dominating the talk when he just put out the most interesting album we will hear this year.

but yes.
let's talk about Drake and how he's the best of the new generation.
only person even in the same league as him is Kendrick and he can't hit all every audience like Drake.

dumbanddumbergagtbohr.gif

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
As much as drake gets clowned/undermined every time he drops a single he manages to produce a quotable that everyone repeats time after time. It's baffling

Trey

^^^Lol this ninja is a millionaire and still talking about struggle raps. He's been doing this for years.

Lol at sad panda cole being defended in the comments at the complex article.

Why would a publication really respond to a throwaway line about them? And with low-hanging-fruit jabs that have been made thousands of times before. Can't even retort correctly.

Esch

Banned
Drake has mass appeal but no nutritive substance brehs. What morsels is this cat giving me. It's all fast food out here in this forest. You wanna be the best you gotta have me like
ohhh.png
, dropping insight on some poet shit. Drake ain't doing that really. Although he's gotten a lot better.

Drake is like one of those hoity toity ass concept restaurants, usually named after a single word like "Taste" or "Fromage", and they serve bullshit like foie gras terrines with edamame foam and all types of carpaccios and shit. But it's got no real class or substance. Shit's not really on that top tier, it just looks, seems, and appears to be from the outside. But when you sit down, you read the menu that has the word "deconstruction" in it too many times, the full retard modern art slammed into any space possible, you throw your hands up in the air and realized you just paid to put trendy bullshit in your face. It might taste nice, but it's ultimately forgettable and undeniably soulless.

Cudder

it's only natural that Kanye's dominating the talk when he just put out the most interesting album we will hear this year.

it's only interesting because of his stature and who he is. nothing really new to underground acts. trust me, ive been listening to death grips for years.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Why would a publication really respond to a throwaway line about them? And with low-hanging-fruit jabs that have been made thousands of times before. Can't even retort correctly.
Why would cole call publications out on twitter for rating his album sub-par when it is?

DominoKid

As much as drake gets clowned/undermined every time he drops a single he manages to produce a quotable that everyone repeats time after time. It's baffling

Drake got the pulse of the culture. Every time he drops something it takes off like a virus.

It goes back to what I was saying a while ago about the importance of being in touch w/ the 140 character world that we live in.

Detox

WSjyIUI.png

It's kinda funny that going broke made Nas start hustling, he's got the sponsorship with Hennessy, the magazine, sneaker store in Vegas and HSTRY clothing line.

Also you ain't ready
MxoIDNg.png

effzee

God damn the anti Cole train has fully boarded on these boards.

Anyway I don't really care for Drake, like a song here and there, but The Motion is amazing. Sounds new, different, good, and the lyrics are on point. Could do less with the singing and maybe another verse but I guess this isn't the final cut anyway.

Trey

Nas still sharp as ever.

Speaking of - this might be old, but here's Nas going in over Cole's Let Nas Down.

Song really shows you just how much better a rapper Nas is compared to his spiritual successor. The impact of the lyrics, the presence. Highly doubtful Cole manages to step into the role comfortably, ever.

God damn the anti Cole train has fully boarded on these boards.

Anyway I don't really care for Drake, like a song here and there, but The Motion is amazing. Sounds new, different, good, and the lyrics are on point. Could do less with the singing and maybe another verse but I guess this isn't the final cut anyway.

I was surprised when I first came to this thread.

Esch

Banned
Speaking of - this might be old, but here's Nas going in over Cole's Let Nas Down.

Song really shows you just how much better a rapper Nas is compared to his spiritual successor. The impact of the lyrics, the presence. Highly doubtful Cole manages to step into the role comfortably, ever.

Cole is Nas' spiritual successor?

J1E9UIf.png

Esch

Banned
ive never heard anyone compare that bum to Nas. maybe Kanye, but Nas? They have nothing in common except real hiphop™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom