• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Been thinking about this a lot lately- you're tasked w exec producing Ems new album. What direction do you take?

For me, I think its tough. I have mixed feelings on Recovery, but it did a few smart things that I felt Em really wanted to get out there, ie he still has technical rap skills.

I think for his new album, shock value is useless. This is 2013 em, America isn't gonna get indignant and angry again. Inspirational em might be okay, but I think that now it'll just come off as cheesy. Emo em? Ehhh maybe. I don't know what problems he's dealing with at the moment, but I hope it's something more than just drugs as subject matter, cuz we've heard that album.

PBY

Banned
He still has the technical skills- so it's just, IMHO a matter of finding a reason for making an album.

I would just call the album Detroit and try to put on aspiring Detroit rappers and producers. And kinda mock himself along the way, ie damn I'm so much older than these dudes.

HiResDes

Eminem needs to team up with someone super grounded like Elzhi and work on an album with a strong tangible concept, maybe focus on the moribund state of Detroit.

Tokubetsu

He still has the technical skills- so it's just, IMHO a matter of finding a reason for making an album.

I would just call the album Detroit and try to put on aspiring Detroit rappers and producers. And kinda mock himself along the way, ie damn I'm so much older than these dudes.

This sounds like a terrible Eminem album.

Eminem needs to team up with someone super grounded like Elzhi and work on an album with a strong tangible concept, maybe focus on the moribund state of Detroit.

He could do wonders with this concept. He definitely has the technical skills for it

Shame it will never happen. We're just gonna get another album with a Rihanna hook, maybe some nicki minaj. Slaughterhouse track etc

SoilBreak

Banned
EsB0cE5.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i always got the feeling Ye and Drake dont like each other much. but are too passive aggressive to do/say anything about it

edit: http://smokingsection.uproxx.com/TSS/2013/08/kanye-drake-beef-history#page/1

dead, they dont make em like they used to
Half of those are stretching quite a bit considering Find Your Love happened. The rift was during/after MBDTF.

Even the whole duet album thing was just a joke Drake was making to Tim Westwood. Rappers talk shit about making collabo albums all the time, isn't a damn thing when every rapper has 3 hypothetical projects stuck in the oven.

The Boi-1da thing might have something to do with it though. Which is kinda dumb, considering Ye got his break sampling others' drums; Dre notably.

Good to hear. I saw Sean's initial response about helping out the community n shit, which I know for a fact he does do. That being said I still have a problem with his music not having any semblance of where he's from, but that's just me.

Danny Brown IS Detroit, content wise.

IrishNinja

did Des find somewhere more interesting? i remember lookin at SOHH forums and fuck that was a mess back then

also i know i'm in & out but did i miss any hype for Killer Mike's shit? im guessin that's next year? i need more of that

oh yeah, just looked it up...Brother Ali is only a few years older than me, i thought he was way older somehow. dude is dope

Esch

Banned
What do you think Adam Sandler dreams about? I'm watching Longest Yard for the first time right now, and he just has the most vacant look on his face. Train's running, but no one's behind the wheel.

CRS

What do you think Adam Sandler dreams about? I'm watching Longest Yard for the first time right now, and he just has the most vacant look on his face. Train's running, but no one's behind the wheel.

How he's going to continue feeding Rob Schneider's family.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I want to see Q fall asleep in another interview. That shit was hilarious.

And yeah more back and forth with Action Bronson. Action had me crying.

guys i found this girl who can move her ass in ways i've never seen. she's managed to convince me that there are undiscovered muscles and nerves in the booty that allow for complex movement that has yet to be seen.

if she doesn't have the herps and can handle normal conversation i'm gonna marry her
It's fat not magic.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Q took some time to warm up on that 5 fingers thing, and he definitely sucked for a bit, but when he got into his groove at the end ...shit had me laughing out loud.

OXYMORON WHERE ARE YOU

mooooose

they are really really popular with white people, albeit ironically. if they played their cards right they could get some pitchfork hipster $$$ but they wont

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom