• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

ferg got onyx on a song...

:)

yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Gave it a lot of thought of the shitter just now, the best Em album he could make right now would be ignant,castle trap swagu. It would be the only honest album he could make, and it'd be a refreshing change of pace.

i remember that ghostface interview a bit ago where he said he doesnt smoke in the studio anymore, cause it wastes too much studio time/money

Yup. Chalk it up as another reason a lot of these dudes today, specifically Meek Mill types, will be broke very soon. They waste money in the studio and the budget is wasted on producers/features that don't really sell enough records to recoup.

Some rappers are very productive while high (see: RZA and Ghostface back in the day). But you get to a point where that shit doesn't help you. Ghostface said he was high all through the Pretty Toney album, and while that may have worked in the early 90s it didn't work at that point. For comparison, Ghost was on dust while dropping this verse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Jnv5Z9z3o

Shit is beyond dope but he's too old to pull that off today.

DominoKid

PCP...angel dust...Sherman Hemsley

Jioufol.jpg

Jay Sosa

Been thinking about this a lot lately- you're tasked w exec producing Ems new album. What direction do you take?

whoever produced the majority of the tracks in his first album, some of the added Dre stuff was nice to amazing but starting with the em show it all went downhill. Nowadays some of Ems stuff sounds like it was originally produced for Taylor Swift, well at least it matches the lyrics. And for the love of god don't let him anywhere near the boards.

Oh wait..just read the first few lines of your post..sorry

well, musically it has to sound cohesively, so I'd love ONE producer to handle all the production. NO guest appearances if they're just for the name value or don't fit the track. I'd go for a storytelling record similar to Masta Aces stuff..no more of that keep your head up linkin park teen angst shit eminem has been putting out lately. Or make him go as vicious as possible on every track, battle track after battle track after battle track.

Recon

Banned
When I say it in this context, it could be any powdered drug.

Coke, heroin, or angel dust.

Mainly coke though.

Dust is definitely not commonly associated with Coke. I have never heard of it being used other than to refer to PCP. Hence, "Angeldust"

coldvein

Banned
Now the humor/shock value is gone because its another era. That is about the only thing he has to avoid because it just isn't funny anymore. Other than that what is he supposed to talk about? Politics? Nah just stick to what you know.

i think he's completely capable of talking intelligently about politics. i'd be down with that..

codhand

Yup. Chalk it up as another reason a lot of these dudes today, specifically Meek Mill types, will be broke very soon. They waste money in the studio and the budget is wasted on producers/features that don't really sell enough records to recoup.

Some rappers are very productive while high (see: RZA and Ghostface back in the day). But you get to a point where that shit doesn't help you. Ghostface said he was high all through the Pretty Toney album, and while that may have worked in the early 90s it didn't work at that point. For comparison, Ghost was on dust while dropping this verse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Jnv5Z9z3o

Shit is beyond dope but he's too old to pull that off today.

Paul's Boutique is the GOAT drug-use-during-production album

Esch

Banned
i guess the weeknd ran out of drugs and sex to sing about so now he's going to pop the trunk on you

don't park your car in Kiss Land, Canada bruh. it might be the last thing you ever do
jGJsn2SCsEkd1.png

Esch

Banned
It starts out with a video. You let these RnB dudes get too comfortable with that shit... 5 months from now in the club, Weeknd is gonna send Frank Ocean a note on a napkin saying he fucked the love of his life (pause), bottles flying, lawsuits everywhere.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Didn't J. Cole sell gold 2x?

Is that really struggle? I mean, outside of the struggle of being J. Cole. What is struggle, really? Is it rapping about burning your mouth on pizza? Is it calling yourself Simba over and over again?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Born Sinner is on track to exceed Sideline Story's sales in a shorter timeframe.

I don't think Born Sinner could have gone any better for Cole. Better than his first album, more successful, avoided sophomore slump, got a bunch of PR from competing Yeezy and overtaking him sales-wise in second week, probably has a ton more people in his fanbase now because of well picked out features, etc,

kamspy

Aiight GAF HOP. Time to get real for a second. I pay my bitch babby momma about $400 a month in support. She calls me today and says my kids have no clothes, shoes, backpacks or supplies for school - which starts tomorrow.

I'm close to just signing my rights over and rolling the dice on my kids choosing to live with me when they're old enough to.

DominoKid

Aiight GAF HOP. Time to get real for a second. I pay my bitch babby momma about $400 a month in support. She calls me today and says my kids have no clothes, shoes, backpacks or supplies for school - which starts tomorrow.

I'm close to just signing my rights over and rolling the dice on my kids choosing to live with me when they're old enough to.

iLMLXQ225Rl5F.gif

The fuck?!

Out of curiosity when was the last time you spoke with her before today. I bet she been planning this bullshit...damn. I hope she isn't also poisoning the kids against you, on some "yall won't have clothes for school thanks to your dad" tip. Fuck that.

Cudder

KING
‏@Don215_
Why y'all hoes need $600 a month for child support when the commercials say you can feed kids with just 35 cent a day smh ain't addin up

I am assuming it is not coming out of your paycheck.

my uncle ran into the same problem and what he start doing instead was take his kids shopping and keeping the receipts of everything they bought. As long as it was equal to or more than what he is suppose to pay then he is in the clear

HiResDes

I should have went through with the vasectomy years ago. I also think I just lost a very important key in the store dumpster so this might be my last day at my shitty job : (

kamspy

I am assuming it is not coming out of your paycheck.

It sure as hell is coming out my check and I had to take the day off to run around and get them gear. Child Support agency won't do shit. Children's Services won't do shit. Lawyers say I don't have a strong case and won't even take my money since the standard in America has dropped so low, that even tho she lives like that, it's "good enough". Judge wouldn't pull kids out over it.

@PP

Yeah, she runs that shit I'm sure. My oldest knows better, my youngest barely speaks english. We don't speak when we exchange the kids other than hi and bye and oh, the weather is nice.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I should have went through with the vasectomy years ago. I also think I just lost a very important key in the store dumpster so this might be my last day at my shitty job : (

get a noobie to trawl through the dumpster for the key for 10 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom