• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

why dont i remember recons catching that tag

Paula Abdul sample aint gonna clear itself.

GAF-Hop is spirit poison.

my favorite comments of this page so far~

What do you think Adam Sandler dreams about? I'm watching Longest Yard for the first time right now, and he just has the most vacant look on his face. Train's running, but no one's behind the wheel.

you read about how he basically shoots bullshit now to hook up his friends, right? i forget where i saw that but like at least the last decade or more of his work made so much more sense knowing that

Yeah, RZA was drunk as fuck. Possibly dusted.

ODB drunk on MTV was good too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysYI1FkP6r0

i think it's weird that aside from some chapters of his books, the only time in life i don't think i was seeing a high/drunk/based etc RZA was in Man with the Iron Fists, where n early everyone else was clearly gone (especially crowe)

its good to take your dream project seriously but the vibe's all wrong if you're the only one doing that

they are really really popular with white people, albeit ironically. if they played their cards right they could get some pitchfork hipster $$$ but they wont

when i lived in the midwest they came up a lot, yeah...but out here its mostly latin dudes on about them and 3-5
granted im one of like 5 white dudes out here but proportionately that means my mostly indifference to dipset speaks volumes

Trunk Muzik Returns is weird......Raekwon verse is so bad and off beat. On the same tape Paul Wall kilt it like it's nothing. I'll have to listen to it more. Hardly the type of project I could listen to a few times and have an overall opinion on it. Definitely can see where Toku is coming from tho

But seriously tho, how is Raekwon so off beat on a beat like this LOL.

Edit: Toku, did you know Roach Gigz had a new tape out?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought Recon got perm'd? Damn I didn't even notice with the avatar and all. Welcome back homie.

Possibly the most resilient GAFer of all. haha Recon, you've been banned more times than there are hotplates RZA hands out to struggling Wu members every year.

Macca

Thinking about bringing back Wu Wednesdays (fucka native tounges tues). Anyone be interested?

Idea for this time would be to create a new thread, just for that, and discuss an album a week, both group and solo albums in order, starting from Enter the Wu Tang (Can do Words from the Genius after, best to start with that tho I think). And then we can have the week to discuss that album before the next.

IrishNinja

Thinking about bringing back Wu Wednesdays (fucka native tounges tues). Anyone be interested?

Idea for this time would be to create a new thread, just for that, and discuss an album a week, both group and solo albums in order, starting from Enter the Wu Tang (Can do Words from the Genius after, best to start with that tho I think). And then we can have the week to discuss that album before the next.

i mean, you know ill support

aint gotta hate native tongue like these newjacks tho

HiiiLife

Damn missed the replies to that Canibus vs Diz a couple pages back but I still feel bad for Bis. Haha. Man, love that "Blood will be filling up the street like it was Cedar Block" line. Shit was wild.

Dereck

cdd357d969375f405223468e33dd6c4a.png

Tokubetsu

Trunk Muzik Returns is weird......Raekwon verse is so bad and off beat. On the same tape Paul Wall kilt it like it's nothing. I'll have to listen to it more. Hardly the type of project I could listen to a few times and have an overall opinion on it. Definitely can see where Toku is coming from tho

But seriously tho, how is Raekwon so off beat on a beat like this LOL.

Edit: Toku, did you know Roach Gigz had a new tape out?

I did not. Thank you. I still need to buy the album he dropped last year, I've been slacking.

And yea, thats classic Rae though. Rae sounds off and most shit unless it's his own shit.

Also yeah, been putting in serious time into Trunk Muzik Returns. Its kinda my vibe lately.

I did not. Thank you. I still need to buy the album he dropped last year, I've been slacking.

And yea, thats classic Rae though. Rae sounds off and most shit unless it's his own shit.

Also yeah, been putting in serious time into Trunk Muzik Returns. Its kinda my vibe lately.

I know you gone fuck with this^.

Tennessee Love might be Yela's best song or at least the mood I've been in this past few days it hits the spot.

How does everyone feel about albums being mastered to sound clean and sparkly? Just asking because I find that there's something I'm attracted to with albums that don't have perfect mastering. Sometimes I feel like clean mastering does more harm depending on the type of album it is.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
made a new mix.. people ready?

Drop it like it's a heated up object recently removed from the microwave.

And 'song that I somehow overlooked and only now find myself listening the fuck out of' award this week goes to Rittz - Switch Lanes.

Macca

How does everyone feel about albums being mastered to sound clean and sparkly? Just asking because I find that there's something I'm attracted to with albums that don't have perfect mastering. Sometimes I feel like clean mastering does more harm depending on the type of album it is.
It's why I love MBDTF.

Dereck

MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE JUST GOT PUSHED IN THE DEEP END OF THE POOL AND THEY KNOW HE CANT SWIM

MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE TRYNA CATCH SOMEBODY ATTENTION IN THE CAFETERIA

MEEK MILL RAP LIKE HE WON A FIGHT BUT EVERYBODY SAYING HE LOST

lmao

codhand

one other thing about KA he said was interesting, was that the Roc Marci collab album was one track away from being done when Roc moved to LA. He was like, damn smh smiling

saw Del last night, if anyone else saw this tour, it's funny for several reasons but mainly cause he brings out Ladybug Mecca from Digable Planets, which blew my mind given how much I love Digable Planets especially their second album.

Del claimed he and Ladybug Mecca have an album in the works, which I'll believe it when i see it. Still, hearing Cool Like Dat and a couple other Digable songs was a nice surprise.

I met Ladybug after her little mid-Del-set and she was extremely friendly, introducing everyone to her sons, who she brought with her, some lil swag jr.s, yawning their way through the rest of Del's set. One fan was like, "you guys have the coooolest mom!"

But Del starts the whole set by freestyling over the worst beats, seriously horrible shit, and it went on like that for like 25 mintues, of just like an anti-show, show. but it was like people were into it anyway cause they were all young as hell, dancing, didnt know Del from Big Daddy Kane, so then Del starts going into all his shit from every album, mr dobalina, eye examination, at the helm etc. anyway it wound up a dope show, but started like a scene from I'm Still Here, with Joaquin Phoenix, which btw is a movie which rap fans with an odd sense of humor should see, especially for the scenes with Puff

IrishNinja

haha that sounds like a dope show, and a cool guest appearance too

i was so happy when this native tongue show of de la & tribe brought dres from black sheep on outta nowhere, it was such a great set

other one was this red/meth show years back where red had some other dude rap busta's verse on da goodness, then like early on busta himself comes on and grabs the mic, shit was crazy...he finishes and then goes center stage like "miami if you hear me say gimme some mo' " and we all go back & forth till he's like "man i aint got time for that shit!!" and leaves, haha

Tokubetsu

BZryQim.jpg

http://pitchfork.com/news/51863-echo-chamber-danny-brown-threatens-to-leak-his-album-old/

one other thing about KA he said was interesting, was that the Roc Marci collab album was one track away from being done when Roc moved to LA. He was like, damn smh smiling

saw Del last night, if anyone else saw this tour, it's funny for several reasons but mainly cause he brings out Ladybug Mecca from Digable Planets, which blew my mind given how much I love Digable Planets especially their second album.

Del claimed he and Ladybug Mecca have an album in the works, which I'll believe it when i see it. Still, hearing Cool Like Dat and a couple other Digable songs was a nice surprise.

I met Ladybug after her little mid-Del-set and she was extremely friendly, introducing everyone to her sons, who she brought with her, some lil swag jr.s, yawning their way through the rest of Del's set. One fan was like, "you guys have the coooolest mom!"

But Del starts the whole set by freestyling over the worst beats, seriously horrible shit, and it went on like that for like 25 mintues, of just like an anti-show, show. but it was like people were into it anyway cause they were all young as hell, dancing, didnt know Del from Big Daddy Kane, so then Del starts going into all his shit from every album, mr dobalina, eye examination, at the helm etc. anyway it wound up a dope show, but started like a scene from I'm Still Here, with Joaquin Phoenix, which btw is a movie which rap fans with an odd sense of humor should see, especially for the scenes with Puff

Didn't know Roc moved to LA.

Esch

Banned
Shame too cause I really like the druids. Awesome hazy boom bap style. If boom bap does have a future, its in the trippy, droney shit Ka and Roc are putting out.

Roc has been in Cali for awhile. He has his own mini studio at his crib, but also spends a lot of time with Alchemist just watching him work. You can tell Roc is serious about making dope shit, as is Alc. Unlike a lot of dudes who come into Alc's studio, Roc doesn't smoke weed while recording, he's all business.

effzee

Been thinking about this a lot lately- you're tasked w exec producing Ems new album. What direction do you take?

For me, I think its tough. I have mixed feelings on Recovery, but it did a few smart things that I felt Em really wanted to get out there, ie he still has technical rap skills.

I think for his new album, shock value is useless. This is 2013 em, America isn't gonna get indignant and angry again. Inspirational em might be okay, but I think that now it'll just come off as cheesy. Emo em? Ehhh maybe. I don't know what problems he's dealing with at the moment, but I hope it's something more than just drugs as subject matter, cuz we've heard that album.

Unfortunately in rap in particular, the longer you stay making music the more people expect you to change while also not changing.

I think Eminem just needs to do what he wants to do and not cater to any particular direction. I mean most all rappers rap about the same 2-3 subjects which they are comfortable with or know about for all their albums. Em is no different. Problems with his mom/wife, struggle with fame, an drugs. That was his bread and butter.

Now the humor/shock value is gone because its another era. That is about the only thing he has to avoid because it just isn't funny anymore. Other than that what is he supposed to talk about? Politics? Nah just stick to what you know. Just make it fun to listen to (no yelling or accents for the full album) over good production. Make it a mix of personal issues, demons, and some social commentary on rap in general or bravado songs.

I don't think you make a good concept album when the concept you try to cover is out of your capability.

He could do wonders with this concept. He definitely has the technical skills for it

Shame it will never happen. We're just gonna get another album with a Rihanna hook, maybe some nicki minaj. Slaughterhouse track etc

I'll take a Rihanna hook. No Minaj. Slaughterhouse posse cut? Hell yeah! That would be about 2 tracks out of a possible 12-14 track album.

Its not like his albums never had a pop/radio friendly single before Recovery.

codhand

Roc has been in Cali for awhile. He has his own mini studio at his crib, but also spends a lot of time with Alchemist just watching him work. You can tell Roc is serious about making dope shit, as is Alc. Unlike a lot of dudes who come into Alc's studio, Roc doesn't smoke weed while recording, he's all business.

i remember that ghostface interview a bit ago where he said he doesnt smoke in the studio anymore, cause it wastes too much studio time/money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom