• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

qs0n.png

Big Sean brought McDonalds to a cookout.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
In this era of uber softness in the mainstream, dude blacked out on all of his peers

People are gonna call this "K Day" in a few years.
probably not, or maybe they will

the mainstream that talks about nothing but selling drugs, money and bitches? That uber softness?

the mainstream that talks about nothing but selling drugs, money and bitches? That uber softness?

It's soft "drug, money, and bitches" rap though. I mean, there's a time and place for everything, I'm not one of those "REAL RAP YO" people, but when's the last time rappers went at each other? Or went at anything, period? Kanye turning heel on Taylor Swift?

I just like aggressiveness and competition, sue me. Kendrick named names, and even took NY's crown and rings off Papoose. It's provocative, it's gets the people going.

Blackace

Cole's not bodying anyone. He'll drop 12 verses about being a junior varsity 2nd place loser, nobody will care.

Stole a nigga flow, I could sue y'all niggas
Better yet put a hot one through y'all niggas
Nah, let me stop frontin' for y'all niggas but
Don't let the college shit fool y'all niggas
Ain't the hardest nigga in the land
But a grown ass man, and I will step to y'all niggas
Like what's the problem?

lol

CRS

I knew Ken Masters was going to be the one that posted the Kendrick thread. Dude can't get over the caught feelings from here, lmao.

Blackace

It's soft "drug, money, and bitches" rap though. I mean, there's a time and place for everything, I'm not one of those "REAL RAP YO" people, but when's the last time rappers went at each other? Or went at anything, period? Kanye turning heel on Taylor Swift?

I just like aggressiveness and competition, sue me. Kendrick named names, and even took NY's crown and rings off Papoose. It's provocative, it's gets the people going.

The last time? lol Like every few weeks..

I think he means the passive aggressive nature rappers have towards one another instead of just calling them out. If you're going to take shots, take some fuckin' shots!

iavi

Kendrick's flow is hot, but the content only really comes together in any sort of omghe'sslayingnillas way at the end with all the airline imagery.

Blackace

I think he means the passive aggressive nature rappers have towards one another instead of just calling them out. If you're going to take shots, take some fuckin' shots!

again.. every few weeks

again.. every few weeks

It's not the same. Kendrick's in the spot light right now and had no reason to go in like that. If I'm being honest, it's the reactions from everyone else I'm anticipating the most, and it's delivering so much already. The fallout is the best part.

IrishNinja

k dot why you gotta go in on macca's favorite rappers like that, damn
also old pastor on the next verse was fucking up my vibe with those FUNK MASTER FLEX tags

Killah Priest actually put out a good album this year, so we don't have to listen to his clone struggle to do the same.

did he now? i gotta go look this shit up

Blackace

It's not the same. Kendrick's in the spot light right now and had no reason to go in like that. If I'm being honest, it's the reactions from everyone else I'm anticipating the most, and it's delivering so much already. The fallout is the best part.

50 did it every day almost..

Letting that spotlight get to his head a bit..

so I can't find corny Kendrick bars?

How come all of your rap arguments basically boil down to finding corny bars of someone to prove they aren't a good rapper? Every single rapper has dropped a corny verse, outside of maybe Rakim and Kool G Rap.

Cole has wasted more ink and paper saying wack shit than Kendrick, end of story. He's far more repetitive and has more struggle bars.

that jeezy diss was just...mean though lol. soul cutting.

i don't want these guys going at each other like THAT. or maybe I do I dunno.

edit: and this isn't really a callout more than it is an invitation to spar.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That's not the standard right now though. Subliminals are what's mainstream, and have been since Jay had his way with history, and 50's reign of terror ended.

It's overhyped like hell, but mainstream rappers don't shout names out at all in this day and age, even in this roundabout manner. They damn sure don't rap like Gucci, cause they aren't built for that life.

again.. every few weeks
From a huge mainstream rapper for no real reason other than to stir up some more competition? This is not happening that often, and if it is, it has no where near the amount of relevancy as this verse does. I'm not naming it the best ever or anything like that, but its pretty dope and hilarious how Kendrick Lamar snaps because he feels like it and have people falling over themselves for it immediatly after it drops.

How come all of your rap arguments basically boil down to finding corny bars of someone to prove they aren't a good rapper? Every single rapper has dropped a corny verse, outside of maybe Rakim and Kool G Rap.

Cole has wasted more ink and paper saying wack shit than Kendrick, end of story. He's far more repetitive and has more struggle bars.

Well that's kind of bullshit. But sure.

Who have I ever tried to argue wasn't a good rapper?

Blackace

That's not the standard right now though. Subliminals are what's mainstream, and have been since Jay had his way with history, and 50's reign of terror ended.

It's overhyped like hell, but mainstream rappers don't shout names out at all in this day and age, even in this roundabout manner. They damn sure don't rap like Gucci, cause they aren't built for that life.
It's never really been the standard.. but most mainstream rappers diss people... and call names. Outside of the Flo Rida/Pitbull mainstream crowd.. From 50 to Ross and so on..

so do you guys think anything is actually gonna come of this?

I can't see someone like ASAP Rocky reflecting and trying to better himself because of this shit

IrishNinja

i mean yeah that gucci/jeezy shit is personal, it's more ether like no doubt

but kendrick just goin in on dudes and remdindin em that MCs are supposed to be hungry and go after shit once in a while - instead of twitter-beefing then makeup tours and shit - i mean even if i wasnt a fan of dude i'd be happy seeing that

i mean i like drake, but com going in on him for like half a day was almost refreshing. having so many MC's scared to say shit and lose a following out of some weird fear they'll get ja rule'd, so they just never say shit about anyone until someone else does first... i dunno, in my mind it's like that line about newjack boxers worried about their "legacy"...no one gives a fuck that you stayed nearly undefeated by taking on chumps and trying to maximize your purse, you wanna see a fighter take on the baddest dudes alive in their era, whether they win or lose., otherwise shit just ends up feeling hollow at times

Blackace

i mean yeah that gucci/jeezy shit is personal, it's more ether like no doubt

but kendrick just goin in on dudes and remdindin em that MCs are supposed to be hungry and go after shit once in a while - instead of twitter-beefing then makeup tours and shit - i mean even if i wasnt a fan of dude i'd be happy seeing that

i mean i like drake, but com going in on him for like half a day was almost refreshing. having so many MC's scared to say shit and lose a following out of some weird fear they'll get ja rule'd, so they just never say shit about anyone until someone else does first... i dunno, in my mind it's like that line about newjack boxers worried about their "legacy"...no one gives a fuck that you stayed nearly undefeated by taking on chumps and trying to maximize your purse, you wanna see a fighter take on the baddest dudes alive in their era, whether they win or lose., otherwise shit just ends up feeling hollow at times

Com went in on him over a stripper.. shit wasn't refreshing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom