• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

It's never really been the standard.. but most mainstream rappers diss people... and call names. Outside of the Flo Rida/Pitbull mainstream crowd.. From 50 to Ross and so on..

yeah but 50 aint been relevant for a minute, and who was the last real name Ross dropped? i thought he was about avoiding that

Com went in on him over a stripper.. shit wasn't refreshing..

wait, please say that's not was sweet was really about tho

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
yeah but 50 aint been relevant for a minute, and who was the last real name Ross dropped? i thought he was about avoiding that

wait, please say that's not was sweet was really about tho

Ross boxed with Jeezy back stage, released a dissed track with Gucci and next week Jezzy was his boss...lol

you didn't know..

Shawty wanna tell me secrets 'bout a rap nigga
I tell that bitch it's more attractive when you hold it down

this is about Com in Stay Schemin

IrishNinja

damn, minus a few points for Com on that then

and nah i didn't follow Ross much at all, didn't even come around to him until more recently to be honest...that's some funny shit though

i mean yeah that gucci/jeezy shit is personal, it's more ether like no doubt

but kendrick just goin in on dudes and remdindin em that MCs are supposed to be hungry and go after shit once in a while - instead of twitter-beefing then makeup tours and shit - i mean even if i wasnt a fan of dude i'd be happy seeing that

i mean i like drake, but com going in on him for like half a day was almost refreshing. having so many MC's scared to say shit and lose a following out of some weird fear they'll get ja rule'd, so they just never say shit about anyone until someone else does first... i dunno, in my mind it's like that line about newjack boxers worried about their "legacy"...no one gives a fuck that you stayed nearly undefeated by taking on chumps and trying to maximize your purse, you wanna see a fighter take on the baddest dudes alive in their era, whether they win or lose., otherwise shit just ends up feeling hollow at times

This exactly. There's beef like that Gucci/Jeezy track, and there's the rapper on top just naming names of people he's cool with and done tracks with trying to spur competition. It's a beautiful thing. THIS IS HIP HOP
/KRS One

Now I want to see who gets mad, who steps up, and who makes a bad career decision.

Esch

Banned
so do you guys think anything is actually gonna come of this?

I can't see someone like ASAP Rocky reflecting and trying to better himself because of this shit

I think more responses will come from the has-beens or never-weres; Joe Budden, Papoose, Lupe, Game etc etc....

The rest are too nice or just don't even have the bars to respond. Maybe Cole will, I doubt it. It's also possible an og like Nas or Jay will jump on it, but its doubtful. He already said they were on top of the game with him. Asap though? no way, lazy ass.

I hope Tyler the Hack comes with some stupid wannabe weirdo bars for me to laugh at tho

K. Dot went ham.

lawd.gif

I think more responses will come from the has-beens or never-weres; Joe Budden, Papoose, Lupe, Game etc etc....

The rest are too nice or just don't even have the bars to respond. Maybe Cole will, I doubt it. It's also possible an og like Nas or Jay will jump on it, but its doubtful. He already said they were on top of the game with him. Asap though? no way, lazy ass.

I hope Tyler the Hack comes with some stupid wannabe weirdo bars for me to laugh at tho

Nah he's gonna tweet BROO KENDRICK WENT IN ON MY ASS NO HOMO !

I'm not a jay electronic stan or anything but I don't think he shoulda been mentioned in that list

No, cause they know Kendrick is one of the hottest in the game right now and everyone is already tight with him or they don't want to risk losing the association.

I wasn't asking if anyone is gonna come at Kendrick, I know few will. I meant: is this gonna be a wakeup call for any of these guys?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
so do you guys think anything is actually gonna come of this?

I can't see someone like ASAP Rocky reflecting and trying to better himself because of this shit
No, cause they know Kendrick is one of the hottest in the game right now and everyone is already tight with him or they don't want to risk losing the association.

overcast

None of those guys are trying to come at Kendrick though. Unfortunate. Would be fun to see.

Is Q thinking "I gotta be better than Kendrick"? Or is he just that friend yelling "get em" while standing behind him. Dot should have called out Q matter of fact.

CRS

It's a pretty good track but this reaction is ridiculous. All of this is showing the state of hip-hop more than anything else. Rappers got too comfortable trying to ride each other's coat tails but now that someone disrupted the status quo, everyone mentioned and not mentioned has their panties in a bunch.

Hopefully something positive comes from all of this and not treated like another story of the week and move on.

lmao. Dude probably gets his hip-hop recommendations from Bomani Jones.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yep, looks like budden is gonna have a response

too bad no1curr and im not even gonna listen to it
He's right about this tho

@JoeBudden 17m
A Cali nigga just said he’s the King of NY & u niggas so fucking worried about your relationships, y’all make me sick.

No one will even play ball even if it's not on some beef shit. Too bad Buddens was never contending that title.

CRS

God damn. Even Kno is calling out Sean and No I.D., haha. Wow, this is surreal.

Kno ‏@Kno 39s
You gotta be willing to get bodied on your own shit, for the good of hip-hop. It's what spurs greatness. I'm friends with Tonedeff, I know.

Kno ‏@Kno 3m
I would have remixed it in 2 hours w/ no samples & bodied the original beat to GUARANTEE it made it, don't tell me No I.D. couldn't.

Kno ‏@Kno 6m
"Control" not making Big Sean's album because of sample clearance issues is complete horseshit LOL "Ego Clearance" issues, maybe.

CRS

I never thought I would see the day Mac Miller got called out on a Big Sean song featuring Kendrick Lamar

He's really good friends with TDE and dropped a really good album. Stop trippin'.

If Jay Elec wasn't on the track, he wouldn't get a mention at all.

Esch

Banned
He's right about this tho

@JoeBudden 17m
A Cali nigga just said he’s the King of NY & u niggas so fucking worried about your relationships, y’all make me sick.

No one will even play ball even if it's not on some beef shit. Too bad Buddens was never contending that title.
Ha, I was just thinking about this myself. Calling people out aint that big of a deal. It wasnt even on some threatening/shitting on people steez like Takeover, How To Rob, Hit Em Up etc... It's a dude from compton calling himself K.O.N.Y. That truly shows how flabby and sick New York has become. If I was Action Bronson or Rocky or someone I'd be making phone calls and getting a return diss thrown back, shit is straight shameful.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Eh, Big Sean has been talking about that song being on his album for a while though. The song was sitting in the cut a while ago. It wouldn't have been hard to shelve it if you really didn't want that shit out there and felt like that so it's kinda dumb to say.

It's not even a bad look for Sean with the way he opened his verse, people are trippin' offa that Kendrick verse.

Kwixotik

He's really good friends with TDE and dropped a really good album. Stop trippin'.

If Jay Elec wasn't on the track, he wouldn't get a mention at all.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, I'm just saying if you told me that 2 years ago I'd be like lolwut

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Bronson is probably the only one that I could see stepping up to the plate. Asap isn't gonna do shit, unless the Asap Mob puts it in his ear. :/

Eh, Big Sean has been talking about that song being on his album for a while though. The song was sitting in the cut a while ago. It wouldn't have been hard to shelve it if you really didn't want that shit out there and felt like that so it's kinda dumb to say.

It's not even a bad look for Sean with the way he opened his verse, people are trippin' offa that Kendrick verse.

Like I said Sean's verse was good. One of his best.

IrishNinja

We talking bout Game....

3 diss tracks before the sun's up.

Apology before noon.

Another diss track before dinner tomorrow.

Nah he's gonna tweet BROO KENDRICK WENT IN ON MY ASS NO HOMO !

20 views total

yep, looks like budden is gonna have a response

too bad no1curr and im not even gonna listen to it

dead...just dead

Ha, I was just thinking about this myself. Calling people out aint that big of a deal. It wasnt even on some threatening/shitting on people steez like Takeover, How To Rob, Hit Em Up etc... It's a dude from compton calling himself K.O.N.Y. That truly shows how flabby and sick New York has become. If I was Action Bronson or Rocky or someone I'd be making phone calls and getting a return diss thrown back, shit is straight shameful.

true, that really is what stings...smarten up NY

wait what other thread are ya'll...time to check OT

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bronson is probably the only one that I could see stepping up to the plate. Asap isn't gonna do shit, unless the Asap Mob puts it in his ear. :/
Bronson's persona wouldn't permit it. I don't think his bars could compete either.

This is something else right now. Half an hour ago I was clowning this nonsense, but if this actually means SOMEBODY will step up and make some rappity rap shit or try to go their hardest on a beat, then let's fucking go. No I.D. needs to email the instrumental to all these motherfuckers with "step your shit up" in the header.

Esch

Banned
Bronson can't rap angry but he can rap extremely funny, I can see him putting together a hilarious, well meaning TDE diss. He won the vine battle. That convinced me.

Bronson's persona wouldn't permit it. I don't think his bars could compete either.

This is something else right now. Half an hour ago I was clowning this nonsense, but if this actually means SOMEBODY will step up and make some rappity rap shit or try to go their hardest on a beat, then let's fucking go. No I.D. needs to email the instrumental to all these motherfuckers with "step your shit up" in the header.

The only thing that could make this more entertaining is Kendrick making rappity rap popular again, at least for a little while.

If no one in the game responds, and if Joe Budden is the only NY dude who goes back at him.....smh @ hip-hop.

CRS

I want a East coast vs the West/Rest competition.

Give me Kendrick, Jay Rock, Big K.R.I.T., maybe J. Cole vs. whatever NY has to offer. If we can get some gutter cyphers out of this, then the over-rated praise for the track/verse will not be in vain.
The only thing that could make this more entertaining is Kendrick making rappity rap popular again, at least for a little while.

He already did.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I want a East coast vs the West/Rest competition.

Give me Kendrick, Jay Rock, Big K.R.I.T., maybe J. Cole vs. whatever NY has to offer. If we can get some gutter cyphers out of this, then the over-rated praise for the track/verse will not be in vain.
The only thing this would accomplish is exposing the East Coast for falling off.

Which has happened already since when every NY rapper does an interview, they get asked why the East Coast has fallen off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom