• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Nas and Hov aint worried about Kendrick getting his flex on. They probably sitting back laughing like "ahahaha that's cute" just like when a youngin feels bold enough to buck up to their uncles for the first time.

IrishNinja

zu7QCje.jpg

Kaizer

Banned
Come to think of it, Drake sorta is. Dude really lives by his own rules and much like Kendrick, everyone else is at his feet. He's also been on his calling people out tip with 5AM in Toronto and all.

Ghetto Symphony is definitely one of the best verses all year.

WHIP IT
WHITNEY
MY MAMA AS A WITNESS
Gunplay is pretty much the only other rapper to outshine Kendrick on a track. He steals the show on Cartoons & Cereal. MAMA HOW MUCH DRAMA CAN I SUSTAIN!

Soodanim

GAF. I need help. I went in the Kendrick verse thread and realised I am completely out of touch. I know fuck all about Hip Hop in 2013. I need some re-education.

I listen to Hip Hop, but it's Wu-Tang and affiliates, Nas, older Jay-Z (nothing past Black Album), Em, Royce, that sort of thing.

I don't like Kanye (past Dropout and maybe the album after), Wayne, and especially not Drake.

Flows, lyricism and good production are what I look for, and I don't like the trap style beats, if that is the right word. They lack energy.

Any recommendations based on that?

Oh, and I fucking hate the supa dupa flow.

CRS

Why didnt he call out Ghosface

You know Ghost would eat him alive ;)

My only fear is that we don't get dusty ass rappers try to go in on this.

GAF. I need help. I went in the Kendrick verse thread and realised I am completely out of touch. I know fuck all about Hip Hop in 2013. I need some re-education.

I listen to Hip Hop, but it's Wu-Tang and affiliates, Nas, older Jay-Z (nothing past Black Album), Em, Royce, that sort of thing.

I don't like Kanye (past Dropout and maybe the album after), Wayne, and especially not Drake.

Flows, lyricism and good production are what I look for, and I don't like the trap style beats, if that is the right word. They lack energy.

Any recommendations based on that?

Oh, and I fucking hate the supa dupa flow.

Go through the OP and look at the AOTY threads and HiResDes' Quarter recommendations for the past few years. HiRes rec's has a small description so you might have a better idea of what the album is about.

Oh and get Alc's Russian Roulette.

Man I fucking love KenMasters threads!

Maybe I'm forgetting my history but isn't he the dude who used to post here before people went in on him over Rick Ross?

That makes this 10 times funnier if it's the same guy haha

IrishNinja

he is, but please don't remind him; its now his shtick to call gaf-hop "corny" and insist that we're chasing him about reminding him of that huge L every chance he gets...dude brings it up and someone takes the bait, its tragic

meanwhile

Jay Electronica's verse > Kendrick Lamar's verse.

iEmxMgVTb0Jr2.gif

Man I fucking love KenMasters threads!

Maybe I'm forgetting my history but isn't he the dude who used to post here before people went in on him over Rick Ross?

That makes this 10 times funnier if it's the same guy haha

yup and now he like refuses to post in here and talks about Gaf-Hop as a single person.

Edit: What Gingerninja said

It's nice to hear rappers be aggressive and such nowadays. Everyone focuses on trying to play it cool on a beat on some Jay shit. Gets old fast

Matugi

Can we have a confession thread, given recent events?

I had a chance to go to Kendrick's concert back on June 23rd, and I passed.

Ahhh makes sense, I wondered why he made threads every single time Drake starts crying to a beat instead of just chilling in here but I didn't realise there was a lil beef going on.

About THE track, Jay's verse sounds better each time and I don't think BIG did that bad really but Kendrick man, in this age of the fake beef (remember Pusha vs Wayne...lol) that was something that was needed

Detox

Nas and Hov aint worried about Kendrick getting his flex on. They probably sitting back laughing like "ahahaha that's cute" just like when a youngin feels bold enough to buck up to their uncles for the first time.
If it was a nobody dropping a diss on his mixtape that's cool but Kendrick just went plat, people are listening and they can't let King of NY just slide like that, it holds legendary connotations.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Kendrick just called himself King of NY doesn't matter if he said Nas and Jay at the top with him because he just came at them too. If this was 15yrs ago and they were young and hot headed, Nas, Jay, Ghost, Rae, G Rap the list goes on would all jump down Kendrick's throat nowadays I don't know. They just better know that Kendrick fired shots at them. You can't say I'm the king of new York except for Nas, Big, Jay et al.

Papoose does it always

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If it was a nobody dropping a diss on his mixtape that's cool but Kendrick just went plat, people are listening and they can't let King of NY just slide like that, it holds legendary connotations.

It used to, these days it means absolutely jackshit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I liked the Gangsta Rap made me do it album. But that was like one of my first introductions to Cube and after hearing just about everything else he has done, I should probably avoid revisiting that.

Raw Footage had a few glimpses just like I am the West.. but they aren't vintage Cube

Because of the escalation with violence?

well duh..

codhand

Papoose does it always

touche

ok got my early morning bump on, kendrick definetely kills it, [jay elec smdh at that verse] but it's less a diss and more, kendrick telling rappers to stop phoning shit in. but that's what happens when all those 40 somethings get complacent and the new guys dont say what needs to be said, so props for doing that,

sean's verse was good but got ate, did they not hear kendrick's verse until the track was complete? id rewrite my shit just to come on the same vibe/energy, it's like jay and sean heard it and really thought their verses would hold up, or they were like, fuck im not writing another new verse for this beat on some lazy shit

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I can name 10 kings of NY off the top of my head.. everyone from NY is the King or runs NY

Exactly, every little Wayne/Fabo/Jay Z/Nas sound alike with no distinct personality and an ego that doesn't match his skill calls himself the king of new york. It's an abandoned throne for the moment. It's like watching a bunch of a no land having low level lords squabble over a throne abandoned by a king who wanted to go run a company somewhere instead of sit there with a meaningless title. Who gives a fuck if you are the king of new york if you can't even feed yourself. CEO of New York should be the new coveted title.

Detox

I understand where you guys are coming from, but Kendrick and Papoose aren't the same thing. Same reason if Kendrick comes at a Drake or Wayne there has to be a rebuttal but if Uncle Murda disses them nobody will give a fuck. Though the more I think about that line the more I think it was used to denote that he is the current king and is sitting alongside the Kings rather than taking their throne.

Still someone from the west calling themselves King of NY shouldn't be allowed especially by the current generation of rappers.

Tokubetsu

Exactly, every little Wayne/Fabo/Jay Z/Nas sound alike with no distinct personality and an ego that doesn't match his skill calls himself the king of new york. It's an abandoned throne for the moment. It's like watching a bunch of a no land having low level lords squabble over a throne abandoned by a king who wanted to go run a company somewhere instead of sit there with a meaningless title. Who gives a fuck if you are the king of new york if you can't even feed yourself. CEO of New York should be the new coveted title.

Nature abhors a vacuum...except when it comes to New York rap lol.

effzee

lol

Verse wasn't really that good..

it was good but it wasn't historic or anything

Yeah I mean its damn refreshing and loved hearing something like this but I feel like something like this wouldn't have made such a mark a while back. Which is what I think Lupe was hinting at too. This should be the norm. The expected. Not the exception.

If anything Lamar is calling everyone out to step up.

Don't want any beef necessarily but best thing would be for rappers to step up and just improve their music.

Do any of y'all even think of nas or jay as king of New York? They on their worldwide shit; their off that one city non sense. Kendrick the new king

HiiiLife

It's always the Off Topic dudes that talk out the side of their neck regarding Gaf-Hop. Trying to be on that sneak tip and throw in that side salt. We seent you doe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom