• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Lmao at people in there talking about 'an underground hip hop topic' . Shit would be too funny. Its funny to watch p4k style hipsters and dudes still salty about the fall of backpack shit vent their frustrations

these days you could argue yeezus is underground

Esch

Banned
If it moves 325k first week and is made by Kanye West, how can it be underground?

Kanye could drop a straight drone album and it would be mainstream

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wacka Flocka of this Murder Something track....

lawd...

Am I wrong for thinking this shit was going to be an actual trap album? Never judge a book by it's cover and all that shit.

Az

I lurk this thread.. a lot. But, it's not that I am afraid on being called out, I am just here to get the occasional link on new stuff that comes out. Don't have much time on my hands to get involved in debates.

I've only posted some of my music before, and maybe a video or two.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If it moves 325k first week and is made by Kanye West, how can it be underground?

waiting for the Balam Acab / Yeezy collab album. Make it a double album too, conceptual.

If any rapper responds to that Kendrick verse with just a song instead of putting together a great album I am never listening to them again. So please post those tracks here so I can make my list.

I remember when Ferg verse came out for that one Rocky song and I defended him. People wanted to torch me like a witch. Now yall streaming his album.

it's cool tho

codhand

i know what you mean, i'm just saying i can count on one hand the number of times a modern artist or group that popular has dropped a more deliberately left field album

when i think about 1997 underground hip-hop it wasn't as different to its mainstream counter part as Yeezus is from the current mainstream, it was still all sample based for example,

you had Trackmasters, who were "mainstream" basically by sampling more popular dance records than the average underground group, but the gulf of style within the genre is much wider now

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ferg has been talking about the rest of the album being far from trap for a while.

Gonna check out the stream to give dude a shot.

Just finished it. First impression?
Loweryourexpectations/10
Some fun here, a lot of the singing tracks are awful.
Waka did great and this Bone Thugs sounds off, but still enjoyable overall. Starts off strong (first 4 tracks) then falls off a cliff until Waka comes and then it's over.

nas-j-cole-vibe.jpg

(Waits for L jokes)

iavi

This Ferg album is so fucking goofy. But I love it. CHIPSAHOY and SHABBASHABBARANKS were just precursors. It's all so clear now.

J10

Banned
What's the distinction between artists and rappers? Aren't all rappers artists? Wouldn't a good rapper be a good artist?

Esch

Banned
What's the distinction between artists and rappers? Aren't all rappers artists?
His bars, flow, basically his technical rapping ability are pretty good. It's undeniable. He's basically a battle rapper.

His actual music is pretty boring from just about every perspective. He didn't even get good beats like Royce used to back in the day. As far as subject material and songwriting... Gross. Not for me. Too self pitying/whiny.

yo i can't front the production on this Ferg album is flames so far. I'm kinda feeling like this is fresher than LongLive lmao

What's the distinction between artists and rappers? Aren't all rappers artists? Wouldn't a good rapper be a good artist?

Not necessarily. People can rap technically well but can't make good songs or albums. Rapping skills don't always mean someone can make good music. Talib Kweli for example, the guy can rhyme no doubt, but he struggles to make solid albums and songs.

Esch

Banned
Not necessarily. People can rap technically well but can't make good songs or albums. Rapping skills don't always mean someone can make good music. Talib Kweli for example, the guy can rhyme no doubt, but he struggles to make solid albums and songs.

Train of Thought / Black Star >>>>>> the entire slaughterhouse solo and team discography though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom