• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

not even, i was on there checking when GKMC was about to drop and pretty much it was just pages of the don draper drunk smiley. I literally have never read a good post on that site. Not even a good troll. Shit's ugly too honestly, apart from the nice avatar space they give you. I'm sure the site gets a nice leak once in a while but that's about it.

dont know what youre talking about, the trolling is outta control and funny as fuck when they think an album is about to leak. people are so thirsty on that site. and i dunno what host or whatever it uses for its forum, but it does have the best layout and controls on a forum. the notifications are awesome, and the mobile site's got all the bells and whistles too.

naw

GAF has the best forum layout in existence. No bloat period.
no

and I still don't understand why this forum doesn't have a notification system

gaf does have better servers tho. ktt's servers have been fucking up for the past couple months

DominoKid

no

and I still don't understand why this forum doesn't have a notification system

gaf does have better servers tho. ktt's servers have been fucking up for the past couple months

there was a notification system for like 2 months and it crippled gaf anytime something reasonably big happened.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
BlackACE, good shit with ignorant43. had it on during my workout and it kept me goin and my housemate was diggin a few tracks enough that she'd ask for their track titles.

Esch

Banned
dont know what youre talking about, the trolling is outta control and funny as fuck when they think an album is about to leak. people are so thirsty on that site. and i dunno what host or whatever it uses for its forum, but it does have the best layout and controls on a forum. the notifications are awesome, and the mobile site's got all the bells and whistles too.
:yeshrug just seems like a bunch of hypebeasts who stan 00s pop rappers. Ye, Drake, Wayne, Cudi, etc etc. It's pretty much the ATRL of hip hop. I have never registered for it, so I can't speak for the features, but I'm pretty sure The Coli has a full featureset and less terrible posters.

i'll give it this; it's less ugly than Boxden. But still, unreadable garbage.
Best forum layout used to be The Coli's. Now it's The Bore.

Word. They need to fix this XenForo shit.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Since i'm forced to read KTT to keep up on this fuckery now that the coli is down... Why do y'all like this site?

-No good smilies
-Kanye stan echo chamber
-no good/funny posters
-no good posts (seriously, I haven't read a solid paragraph from anyone on here. It's all one liners)

basically if this jawn didnt have any exclusives it would have no reason to exist. shit site.

Switching my window to boxden i guess
Music side on KTT hates Kanye lol. And there used to be good posters like 3 years ago =/

kamspy

Rappity Rap and Fixed2BeBroken always come around at the same damn time.

Ferg shocked me. I thought he was trash but his singles are on point. Either Rocky is a executive producing genius, or Ferg got a bad rap on the tracks he was on. Either way, I'm eating.

And yeah, buy Doris motha fuckas. OF has given us a shit ton of free music.

Now, where do I get them Gucci tapes yall speak of?

DominoKid

NY needs a flag bearer real bad. Rocky's the biggest thing they have going currently, but he isn't that guy.

Joell's reply was aight, but it's not gonna register.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
NY needs a flag bearer real bad.

already got one.
kendrick-003-13619856wzzxu.jpg

workin both coasts.

Listened to Trap Lord and 10pcMild.

They both have their highs.

Favorite track off of Trap Lord was probably Cocaine somethings

Favorite off of 10pcMild was maybe Quez.
IMTOFUCKEDUP

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The two biggest living rap icons can't be bothered.

One is checking through his local classifieds for a mineral water company or someone to sponsor him, the other is currently reading out a list of postmodern artist's names 13 times each.

Esch

Banned
Wouldn't it be like Rocky V if Jay somehow came back and did the job right.

I'd root for him.
I have this dream idea where him and Nas craft some blackout song telling the young NY dudes they need to step their shit up, they've been through war, they don't deserve shit etc etc

Stuneseht

from the Kendrivk verse thread:
I think many people might have misunderstood to "king of New york" line...
He's referring himself as being the Notorious B.I.G., since he also refers to himself as being Makaveli offspring (2pac) within the same line

Young Jeezy: whole discography though trappin aint dead is mixed at a low volume so you probably won't like it.

Already on Jeezy, dudes catalogue is so damn consistent.

well i guess all the Gucci tapes are coming out now. so much music. i have accomplished nothing today

Link???

Hold on now...It's decent...Joel went in.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

Damn Joel went the fuck in. I don't think dude has ever spit a wack verse. It's not up to Kendricks, but this shit is hot.

Joell is kinda destined to be the next Styles P though.

People who hate Joey in the first place probably didn't listen and just said it was trash.

Dude came correct on all rappity rap fronts he needed to. This is his forte. Joell has always been pretty much immaculate when it comes to flow and dropping coherent lines without getting lost in nonsense, and it shows. It just doesn't have the same impact because he hasn't put out any outstanding projects thus far, but that shouldn't matter either when it comes to this thing that Kendrick has set off.

Agree with all this. Joell went hard on that. Dropped it fast enough too.

BlackACE, good shit with ignorant43. had it on during my workout and it kept me goin and my housemate was diggin a few tracks enough that she'd ask for their track titles.

Just back from the gym, loved this mix. Is there a tracklist anywhere? Cant see it on Aces site.

Coke Boys 2
Jeezy TM 101
TI - Urban Legend and Trap Muzik

My man Kams. Been listening to Jeezy for years. 101 is certified classic. Will check out the others.

He's referring himself as being the Notorious B.I.G., since he also refers to himself as being Makaveli offspring (2pac) within the same line

I'm Makaveli's offspring, I'm the king of New York
King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both

I understand what you're saying but it sounds pretty clear cut what he's trying to say lol.

I thought the entire thing was a 2pac reference. 2pac was born on the east coast and began as an east coast rapper before going west to conquer. Likewise Kendrick is saying he's the king of the west coast and is claiming the east coast, as Pac once claimed the west despite not being from there.

Basically if he's 2pac's offspring he has a claim to both coasts.

J10

Banned
Its exciting to see some sportsmanship back in hip hop. I really like the spirit of Kendricks verse in that way. I hope some cool stuff comes from it. I liked Joell's response.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got done listening to Patriarch II after listening to Patriarch over the past few days. Honestly, dude's stuff meshes together far too much. He really can't rap about more than maybe 3 things ("aw my n***a dead," "I'm strugglin breh," "damn I fucked up, these bitches got me fucked up"). Lack of variety really hurts these projects. Patriarch I is considerably better because it has standouts and some less cornier delivery and melodies compared to Patriarch II.

Kinda getting bored of the way he attacks these different beats, slowly approaching self-parody territory. That said, when he's on, he's on. It's just not very often where the beat and the vibe he brings to a song line up, and that's sorta bittersweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom