• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

yo for real what's been lost in all this is how ill no id has been since before many here were born

watch the thrones best beat "[#imo]"
Common's best album in any sane person's opinion
and now this,
like a 10 page thread no mentions of that beat

haha, I posted a while back about that and Cool Breeze's album, and I remember you responding to it. Figured you were a big Dungeon Fam fan as well.
Yup, although I am more of a fan of Soul Food nowadays. Dunno, I feel as if the older I get the more the album resonates with me.Or at least the more experiences I get out of life.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lost it at Recon's response...lol

And Seattle is on the West Coast. And Macklemore WAS born the same day PAC got shot. Reincarnation?! You decide.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick's verse has created this sort of ripple effect where slowly everything else around it is getting shittier. People are shitting on Jay Elec's verse, Big Sean's verse (a bit more understandable because it was weaker by comparison), the beat, the rest of rap, etc.

This has taken a life of it's own, and I really still think the song is "just good."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
BlackACE, good shit with ignorant43. had it on during my workout and it kept me goin and my housemate was diggin a few tracks enough that she'd ask for their track titles.

Just back from the gym, loved this mix. Is there a tracklist anywhere? Cant see it on Aces site.

Not yet, but if you tell me where in the mix they are I can tell you

Kendrick's verse has created this sort of ripple effect where slowly everything else around it is getting shittier. People are shitting on Jay Elec's verse, Big Sean's verse (a bit more understandable because it was weaker by comparison), the beat, the rest of rap, etc.

This has taken a life of it's own, and I really still think the song is "just good."

Doesn't your opinion of the song sync up with Jay and Sean having just good verse and the beat being just good? Lamar's verse is the outstanding thing about it and that's what's getting praise.

Blackace

Kendrick starts firing shots at GAF-Hop and shit

"motherfuckers trip up and get stuck on my swords
King Kendrick Lamar the Mod coming to fuck up your boards"

enzo: "Good Kid still ain't as good as that Yeezus tho"
Tguy: "S.W.A.T. Healing Ritual still better, step your game up K. Dot"
PD: "Breh, get these GAF-Hop fools. West west, Tupac all day. I love how you're like Tupac reincarnated son. Let me hold that mic for you while you spit these bars. Yeah I like how you do that, son."
Toku: "Juicy J >>>> Kendrick Lamar"
Enter the 36 Chambers: "fuck that, It's Dark and Hell Is Hot shits all over Section 80"
siddx: *censored*
Macca: "Big Sean the god bodied you tho Kendrick, stop fronting. Boi."
soul creator: "recording my diss track son. Where's my smooth Jazz-Hop at? Wait, why y'all falling asleep?"
IrishNinja: "unless he got Yu Suzuki featured on his next track I could give a fuck what Kendrick got to say"
Eschaton: "Nas lost."
WanderingWind: "we all know Macklemore is the true king of the West Coast"
HiResDes: "well shit, no free mixtape links for you, Kendrick."
BlackAce: "I know some motherfuckers in Japan that'll BODY Kendrick Lamar. They're featured on my new mixtape, btw."
Recon: "fuck BlackAce"

trying to see how well I know y'all, lol. It's all love

rofl

#gaffersnotmentionedbysoulcreator

Xczm0jrV4VTfVUcFPpkZIy37xHlZJdgLSckI13fYBBM

I guess yall thought I was playing huh

codhand

Tim Dog gonna come outta his hole and record Fuck Compton pt 2

i would quit my job.

i know a few here dont like gkmc, but any reminders would be appreciated,

i felt like it was im-possible to front on,
i can see it not wanting to, (or being in the mood) to listen to it all the time, buuut, i felt it was undeniably focused,

also, mc eiht ffs

PD: "Breh, get these GAF-Hop fools. West west, Tupac all day. I love how you're like Tupac reincarnated son. Let me hold that mic for you while you spit these bars. Yeah I like how you do that, son."
Enter the 36 Chambers: "fuck that, It's Dark and Hell Is Hot shits all over Section 80"

soul pls

Hmm i think he forgot someone
*reads again*
Yo why I wasn't mentioned though. I gotta be better than 36 cuh ;_;

Shots fired

Macca: "Big Sean the god bodied you tho Kendrick, stop fronting. Boi."
soul creator: "recording my diss track son. Where's my smooth Jazz-Hop at? Wait, why y'all falling asleep?"
IrishNinja: "unless he got Yu Suzuki featured on his next track I could give a fuck what Kendrick got to say"
Eschaton: "Nas lost."
WanderingWind: "we all know Macklemore is the true king of the West Coast"
HiResDes: "well shit, no free mixtape links for you, Kendrick."
BlackAce: "I know some motherfuckers in Japan that'll BODY Kendrick Lamar. They're featured on my new mixtape, btw."
Recon: "fuck BlackAce"

Hahaha holy shit. Dead at the bolded

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trinidad Jame$ talks with Peter Rosenberg. Fantastic interview. They dig deep on people's hatred for All Gold Everything, outcasting it as not hip-hop, the role of the radio personality in influencing people's opinions, why he made the song, the shadow that has been cast over him afterwards from both sides of the reaction, etc. Y'all may remember last time he came on Ebro + Rosenberg gave him a lot of criticism.

He also references on the Kendrick Lamar verse briefly at 23:40, but it's more of him saying people slept on him.

EDIT: 37:20 he gets into it further.

Why BoB WHY.......

So is Trinidad James mixtape any good? Gave Ferg one listen, just will wait til it actually comes out so I don't have to stream that shit. Lol, he has a song called Rosenberg on it?

Esch

Banned
All I know is I got that gkmc drip drip and I knew I was listening to something special

Dat overarching concept
Dat SSJ2 flow
Dat production with just the right punch
Dat feature distribution
Dem punchlines

Still 5 mic masterpiece no question

codhand

All I know is I got that gkmc drip drip and I knew I was listening to something special

Dat overarching concept
Dat SSJ2 flow
Dat feature distribution
Dem punchlines

sayin, it took me one listen, and i was in no mood to be biased

i understand not wanting to throw it on all the time, but im curious why the two of you didnt like it

mc eiht ffs...

also everyone should buy swat healing :p

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Trinidad Jame$ says it's not really a diss but Kendrick just got to a point where he as a man, can say he's on another level. And he can back it up. Rosenberg also says that all the up and coming rappers in the game sorta can step back and acknowledge that he's that dude.

He says that even if Joey Bada$$ spits a hot verse tomorrow he won't get any credit since Kendrick set that shit off. He thought nobody would reply except Pusha.

Also he describes why he went off on some girl that said he was mad because Kendrick didn't mention him.

Blackace

Dat overarching concept
Dat SSJ2 flow
Dat feature distribution
Dem punchlines

it's aiight...

iavi

B.O.B. - How 2 Rap

I guess this is his response. lol. lowkey stunted with the guitar.

There's something incredibly lol about saying you're gonnna stunt with a guitar, then proceeding to loop the same lick till the end of the track.

Dat overarching concept
Dat SSJ2 flow
Dat feature distribution
Dem punchlines

I'm sorry. My sarcasm radar is broken. please tell me this is sarcasm.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
At least B.o.B. got something out there. Most of the rest of the people that Kendrick actually called out by Kendrick haven't come back yet.

I'll agree the guitar stunting with just a loop at the end was like yeaaaahhhhhh. LOL

Blackace

S.80 is horrible to me.. made me not like Kendrick as an artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom