• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any rapper responds to that Kendrick verse with just a song instead of putting together a great album I am never listening to them again. So please post those tracks here so I can make my list.

uEzfzxvcnkFEARDgqoSsEd09MDCqjBTnnWeaEUZFzX4

Must of thought I was joking. Don't go into the studio and create this bullshit, go make an actual great album. Not you though, you are on my list.

kamspy

From the looks of it, Budden might have actually paid someone for that photoshop art instead of doing it himself like usual.

That Meek Mill is nice as fuck. Dude has so much potential to create a dope album than what Dreams and Nightmares was(Still a good album tho).

Album was full of shit but there was some pretty damn good stuff in there. Just listened to traumatized again a few hours ago.

Shits powerful, cinematic /Khaled

Esch

Banned
Track is actually real dope. Meek snapped on that shit honestly and im not a fan at all. Still dont think he can craft a classic though.

I was debating if I was going to give an exception or not. But nah, I'm not. Mostly because my exception was going to be the response must be an original beat and it must come with a release date of their next project which that song is on. But the thing is, half of these dudes probably already had some 5/10 shit in the making and just want that extra little buzz. Nah, I'm not playing that game.

If they have made a good album in the past, then they don't need to response with a track. Make a better album.

Man that's booty butt cheeks reasoning

I want everyone to respond. I want a 2 Chainz track like "Why you left us out," I want an Eminem response like "Detroit baby, Detroit what," I want a J. Cole and Nas duet response, etc.

Everyone. It's entertaining as hell. Tell the waiter to bring some salt too, that's the best part.

I want everyone to respond. I want a 2 Chainz track like "Why you left us out," I want an Eminem response like "Detroit baby, Detroit what," I want a J. Cole and Nas duet response, etc.

Everyone. It's entertaining as hell. Tell the waiter to bring some salt too, that's the best part.

I didn't think people would take it like this. I was talking about Kendrick calling himself the King of New York and rappers responding

And it is not booty butt cheeks reasoning at all. If you are going into the studio to just make a song as a response, you are completely missing the point. Kendrick knows these dudes can rap so what would a reply really do? Half of those artists you named have great verses in the past year or so, but what about their albums?? Average ass shit and that's the point.

effzee

Just listened to Joell's reply.

Goes hard. I don't know how this can't be considered good considering its very similar to what Kendrick's message was about.

Doesn't mean Joell can write a great song but in this setting this is what he excels at.

I didn't think people would take it like this. I was talking about Kendrick calling himself the King of New York and rappers responding

And it is not booty butt cheeks reasoning at all. If you are going into the studio to just make a song as a response, you are completely missing the point. Kendrick knows these dudes can rap so what would a reply really do? Half of those artists you named have great verses in the past year or so, but what about their albums?? Average ass shit and that's the point.

That's cool too, I agree Everyone should step up their game, and bring it with great albums and great music.

But in the meantime just drop a freestyle, preferably a defensive/angry one. For my personal enjoyment.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol @ calling something historic or classic after barely any time has passed and no big resonance in the game has been felt.

But we had this discussion when the album came out.

J10

Banned
uEzfzxvcnkFEARDgqoSsEd09MDCqjBTnnWeaEUZFzX4

Must of thought I was joking. Don't go into the studio and create this bullshit, go make an actual great album. Not you though, you are on my list.

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to wait a little longer? Surely you don't expect them all to release awesome albums tomorrow as a result of this.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Lol @ calling something historic or classic after barely any time has passed and no big resonance in the game has been felt.

But we had this discussion when the album came out.

Yup. And most are still calling GKMC a classic. How much time do we have to wait for that to not be silly? 2 years? 5? 6.3?

Kendrick starts firing shots at GAF-Hop and shit

"motherfuckers trip up and get stuck on my swords
King Kendrick Lamar the Mod coming to fuck up your boards"

enzo: "Good Kid still ain't as good as that Yeezus tho"
Tguy: "S.W.A.T. Healing Ritual still better, step your game up K. Dot"
PD: "Breh, get these GAF-Hop fools. West west, Tupac all day. I love how you're like Tupac reincarnated son. Let me hold that mic for you while you spit these bars. Yeah I like how you do that, son."
Toku: "Juicy J >>>> Kendrick Lamar"
Enter the 36 Chambers: "fuck that, It's Dark and Hell Is Hot shits all over Section 80"
siddx: *censored*
Macca: "Big Sean the god bodied you tho Kendrick, stop fronting. Boi."
soul creator: "recording my diss track son. Where's my smooth Jazz-Hop at? Wait, why y'all falling asleep?"
IrishNinja: "unless he got Yu Suzuki featured on his next track I could give a fuck what Kendrick got to say"
Eschaton: "Nas lost."
WanderingWind: "we all know Macklemore is the true king of the West Coast"
HiResDes: "well shit, no free mixtape links for you, Kendrick."
BlackAce: "I know some motherfuckers in Japan that'll BODY Kendrick Lamar. They're featured on my new mixtape, btw."
Recon: "fuck BlackAce"

trying to see how well I know y'all, lol. It's all love

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yup. And most are still calling GKMC a classic. How much time do we have to wait for that to not be silly? 2 years? 5? 6.3?
When a discernible impact is visible and it's worthy.

Aside from that it's a really, really good album. Thanks hip-hop, from taking all of the meaning away from the word classic. Every really good album is a classic now, GKMC fits in the same pile with perhaps slightly inferior albums now that are all heralded classics upon and pre-release. And this is coming from someone who definitely thinks it's one of the best albums I've heard since I started following hip-hop.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Aside from that it's a really, really good album. Thanks hip-hop, from taking all of the meaning away from the word classic. Every really good album is a classic now, GKMC fits in the same pile with perhaps slightly inferior albums now that are all heralded classics upon and pre-release. And this is coming from someone who definitely thinks it's one of the best albums I've heard since I started following hip-hop.

If you think it's one of the best albums you heard and still can't call it a classic, the issue lies within.
- Phil Jackson

Too true. No more can you just say an album is really great. You just have to attach the word classic onto it.

But, I do think GKMC is one or at least. I feel like the industry is trying its hardest to make GKMC seem like one.

I literally said out loud How the fuck did Soul Creator know I love that album? Don't recall ever talking about it here lol.

haha, I posted a while back about that and Cool Breeze's album, and I remember you responding to it. Figured you were a big Dungeon Fam fan as well.

iavi

Kendrick starts firing shots at GAF-Hop and shit

"motherfuckers trip up and get stuck on my swords
King Kendrick Lamar the Mod coming to fuck up your boards"

enzo: "Good Kid still ain't as good as that Yeezus tho"
Tguy: "S.W.A.T. Healing Ritual still better, step your game up K. Dot"
PD: "Breh, get these GAF-Hop fools. West west, Tupac all day. I love how you're like Tupac reincarnated son. Let me hold that mic for you while you spit these bars. Yeah I like how you do that, son."
Toku: "Juicy J >>>> Kendrick Lamar"
Enter the 36 Chambers: "fuck that, It's Dark and Hell Is Hot shits all over Section 80"
siddx: *censored*
Macca: "Big Sean the god bodied you tho Kendrick, stop fronting. Boi."
soul creator: "recording my diss track son. Where's my smooth Jazz-Hop at? Wait, why y'all falling asleep?"
IrishNinja: "unless he got Yu Suzuki featured on his next track I could give a fuck what Kendrick got to say"
Eschaton: "Nas lost."
WanderingWind: "we all know Macklemore is the true king of the West Coast"
HiResDes: "well shit, no free mixtape links for you, Kendrick."
BlackAce: "I know some motherfuckers in Japan that'll BODY Kendrick Lamar. They're featured on my new mixtape, btw."
Recon: "fuck BlackAce"

trying to see how well I know y'all, lol. It's all love

#gaffersnotmentionedbysoulcreator

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If you think it's one of the best albums you heard and still can't call it a classic, the issue lies within.
- Phil Jackson
Phil Jackson has no conception of time I guess. Perhaps can predict the future as well. Maybe every new album he hears is the best album he's ever heard.

Classic embodies timelessness. Unless you can predict the future, you're getting ahead of yourself. I don't want to argue about this because we did this to death a few months ago.

#gaffersnotmentionedbysoulcreator
hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom