• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Nope. Shit is awesome.

GKMC was good, conceptually, but LongLive got a ton more play from me. And that's not to draw direct comparisons either, but to say that GKMC could have been more fun to listen to. That's all I really have to say on that one.

fred-the-godson.jpg

It's over brehs.

fred kilt that shit

For reals that's the most irrelevant person that could've responded.

Now I'm just waiting for XV to respond

iavi

Whoever it was that said that the unmentioned would return fire first was so spot on. Not hearing their names probably stole about good 75% of their souls in that precise moment. took that last 25% into the studio to hammer all this bullshit we're hearing.

scusthov.gif
i love you bro, but sometimes i remember why you were baptized with the F Baby surname

Ha. I appreciate artistry. Kendrick's an artist, and can conjure up a story with the best of them, but GKMC just didn't come together as well as I hoped. It's the whole striving for the higher and falling harder thing. Asap's bullshit was bullshit, but that's all it attempted to be and succeeded.

DominoKid

Al Shipley ‏@alshipley 10m
Fred The Godson responding to Kendrick is extra hilarious because they were on the same XXL Freshmen cover and look at where they are now

Esch

Banned
Thats precisely why GKMC is so good though. It has that overarching story/concept in place but stands alone just great song for song. You get as much out of it in that respect as you put in.

I don't see GKMC as being an overly clumsy concept album at all in that respect.

Esch

Banned
lmfao this lupe song is straight hilarious

hahhahahahahahaha this is like his version of Tom Ford, but with a fucking terrible beat

I'm not trying to be on some Lupe hating mood that I'm always in , but jeez....that wasn't good. What's worse is that Lupe actually tries switching up his flow(which was one of my main complaints about F&L2) and this is the result.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
if you listen to the whole thing, you get an email saying you got 7 days left to live.

This is like most of Lupe today. Terrible beat, repetitive and he's trying to spell out his concepts out too much. Like, literally. The whole song is a spelling bee. Lupe, we graduated elementary school goddamn it. But he still has some great flow .

Meh. Lasers/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom