• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

lupe hasnt battered his fans enough for one night

cmwP3Gz.png

mooooose

Nah, Wiki and Ratking just finished their first album executive produced/engineered by Guru. XL is releasing it. It's going to be a big deal.

So, to recap. Kendrick told everyone they ain't shit and they need to step it up and nobody has said a word to prove him wrong or they tried to respond and proved him right.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So, to recap. Kendrick told everyone they ain't shit and they need to step it up and nobody has said a word to prove him wrong or they tried to respond and proved him right.

I am it will come in a second.. Why pull a Fred da Godson and release a whack/rushed comeback?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Los is pretty ridiculous. Not that he was ever going to blow up, but he fucked up by going back to Bad Boy after his first go round...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Los is pretty ridiculous. Not that he was ever going to blow up, but he fucked up by going back to Bad Boy after his first go round...
Fab blew up, and he's been making steady cash for a long time. He's just not on Jay/Ye level, that's all. Nobody else really is.

EDIT: wait who the fucck is Los, I thought this was going to be Fabulous

Recon

Banned
Yo fam, if anyone gets the chance to see Trinidad James live, do it. He opened for ASAP Rocky and Wiz, and even thought I dont know any of his songs besides All Gold Everything, he absolutely killed. Dude is gonna cake off tours for a long time.

Watching Trinidad James interviews and he really seems like a chill dude. Comes across fairly smart too. Too bad people hate him now that AGE is overplayed at this stage.

Song still goes tho

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I won't try and dispute GKMC relevance any longer but I do disagree with what esch said about the songs being playable without context. I feel like aside from swimming pools it's hard to listen to those songs by themselves. The context and fluidity of the album is what makes it shine. It's hard to get into those joints if they're standalone because they were made and intended to be that way. You can tell.

Recon

Banned
Watching Trinidad James interviews and he really seems like a chill dude. Comes across fairly smart too. Too bad people hate him now that AGE is overplayed at this stage.

Song still goes tho

I think AGE got a bigger crowd response than anything BOB did, which is sad because BOB was after him lol.

Macca

I won't try and dispute GKMC relevance any longer but I do disagree with what esch said about the songs being playable without context. I feel like aside from swimming pools it's hard to listen to those songs by themselves. The context and fluidity of the album is what makes it shine. It's hard to get into those joints if they're standalone because they were made and intended to be that way. You can tell.
Money Trees, Maad City, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, Poetic Justice can all be listened to individually.

Sure, some tracks lose a bit of their punch, and place, but they're still fantastic songs.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I am pretty sure collect calls, and the recipe can also be stand alone. And few others which I can't remember.

DominoKid

Money Trees, Maad City, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe, Poetic Justice can all be listened to individually.

Sure, some tracks lose a bit of their punch, and place, but they're still fantastic songs.

all of em can except for Real and Backseat Freestyle. Real is some WOAT shit.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe is a certified weed/chillax track to throw on while youre grindin and packin'.

mooooose

I like Real. It's just it comes after Sing About Me, which I feel would've been a good end to the album and left the next album to be a more positive thing.

The whole album is so cohesive that every song just works so much better in context. Out of context they really aren't that special, they are all like 7 or 8 / 10. But in context they are all 10/10.

Cudder

GKMC is obviously an amazing concept album, but you'd be hard pressed to find me listening to that shit out of the blue. S80 has wayyyyy more replay value for me. Production is way fucking better too. plus a lot of the tracks on GKMC just aint fun to listen to, despite being integral to the story he is telling.

Recon

Banned
I like Real. It's just it comes after Sing About Me, which I feel would've been a good end to the album and left the next album to be a more positive thing.

The whole album is so cohesive that every song just works so much better in context. Out of context they really aren't that special, they are all like 7 or 8 / 10. But in context they are all 10/10.

I dont know, I know the context so I can listen to them individually and they still all sound dope to me.

Macca

Money Trees is a 10/10.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it's pretty cool how Sing About Me / Dying of Thirst works well alone and in the context on the album.

That song is on another level. Still my favourite, by I don't come back to it often. Money Trees, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe and m.A.A.d. City are easier for me to just throw on whenever.

Macca

I think it's pretty cool how Sing About Me / Dying of Thirst works well alone and in the context on the album.

That song is on another level. Still my favourite, by I don't come back to it often. Money Trees, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe and m.A.A.d. City are easier for me to just throw on whenever.
Totally agree with this. It's a hell of a song, the best on the album no doubt. If it comes on I can't help but let it run. But I don't look for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom