• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

<------on that Krit hype train right now. his second album will come correct.
EWmof.gif
mindframe elevators.
p0QHO.gif

AU7Amsc.gif

overcast

I throw on so many tracks from GKMC randomly. Lot of it works in and out of the concept. Though of course it was constructed as an album, so that's the best way to listen to it.

What other album of the past few years is considered a "classic"?

Kaizer

Banned
I can honestly say outside of Real, Good Kid and Art of Peer Pressure, all other songs on the album have definitely gotten replay value from me. I know a lot of people say Backseat Freestyle doesn't work out of context, but idk, I just really like that song. Everytime I play it, it's like instantly zooming to that particular scene in the story and I can feel the vibe.

thabiz

Michelle Obama - Songs for a Healthier America

01. Everybody (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
03. Let&#8217;s Move (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. Just Believe (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
05. Veggie Luv (ft. Monifah and J Rome)
06. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
07. Stronger (ft. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
08. Give Myself a Try (ft. Ryan Beatty)
09. Jump Up (It&#8217;s a Good Day) Let&#8217;s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (ft. Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (ft. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (ft. Ashton Jones)
13. Beautiful (ft. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (ft. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Let&#8217;s Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. Mother May I? (ft. Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (ft. Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (ft. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. One Step Forward (ft. Samite)

yes its fuckin real. http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/michelle-obama-is-releasing-a-hip-hop-album/

Esch

Banned

01. Everybody (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
03. Let’s Move (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. Just Believe (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
06. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
09. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)

yes its fuckin real. http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/michelle-obama-is-releasing-a-hip-hop-album/
Bonus tracks:

20: Eat Kale or Get Drone Struck
21: We're Watching You Ignore Your Veggies

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
GKMC is obviously an amazing concept album, but you'd be hard pressed to find me listening to that shit out of the blue. S80 has wayyyyy more replay value for me. Production is way fucking better too. plus a lot of the tracks on GKMC just aint fun to listen to, despite being integral to the story he is telling.

I'm down with this 100%. I've been saying Sec.80 >> GKMC since the latter came out.

An album I don't go back to isn't a great album, to me.

DominoKid

Ferg Gets Reflective On The Outro

Admittedly, it was pretty hard to hear what Ferg was saying on this record (let’s just blame it on the Henny at this point). However, he made it a point of duty to make sure everyone kept quiet and listened up during the duration of this song. “Cocaine Castle,” which serves as the albums outro, is the most subdued of all of the record on Trap Lord. Ferg opened up at the listening session and explained that his cocaine castle is his Taj Mahal. “I pictured what it would look like in my mind and I painted the song version of it,” Ferg said at the session. This is the closest that you’ll get to headphone music on this album.

from Shopping for the Soul of A$AP Ferg (Noisey/VICE)
. great article.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

09. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)

CLASSIC

coldvein

Banned
It's just a complete package.

dont get me wrong, i think its a great record. i feel that way because alot of the tracks can stand on their own, not because of some genius concept behind it. there's an overarching story, yeah. but alot of it is tied together with skits, which in my opinion are one of the number one plagues of the genre. nobody wants to hear people just talking inbetween songs. it's a great album, and i respect what the dude was trying to do, but i dont think its great because of the "concept". its not The Wall.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Still listen to money trees at least once a week. The rest of the album gets fairly consistent play as well. Section 80 was a average as fuck.

Alright who is going to take the plunge and listen to this? I wonder who her ghostwriter is? Probably Jay right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom