• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

We got the Kendrick fan club going on in here.
Well yeah, that's how we do it. If he didn't drop a classic then this wouldn't be a problem man.
dont get me wrong, i think its a great record. i feel that way because alot of the tracks can stand on their own, not because of some genius concept behind it. there's an overarching story, yeah. but alot of it is tied together with skits, which in my opinion are one of the number one plagues of the genre. nobody wants to hear people just talking inbetween songs. it's a great album, and i respect what the dude was trying to do, but i dont think its great because of the "concept". its not The Wall.
I see what you're saying. I think it doesn't need to be as complex as the wall to be a concept that works and is effective. I usually don't like skits but they are great on GKMC. It makes the story. It is full of great songs too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick stannery is sorta out of control right now. Stopped visiting the OT thread because of this. I mean damn I like the guy but c'mon.

I should have stopped when Steelo was arguing with Esch about critical acclaim.

Kaizer

Banned
Kendrick stannery is sorta out of control right now. Stopped visiting the OT thread because of this. I mean damn I like the guy but c'mon.

Don't worry, when Sean Don drops that Hall of Fame he's gon put the rap game/internet in a chokehold BOI.

Baby Milo

Michelle Obama - Songs for a Healthier America

01. Everybody (ft. Jordin Sparks, Doug E Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr Oz and the Hip Hop Doc)
02. U R What You Eat (feat. Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker))
03. Let’s Move (ft. Doug E Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins, Easy AD)
04. Just Believe (ft. Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova, Chauncey Hawkins)
05. Veggie Luv (ft. Monifah and J Rome)
06. Hip Hop FEET (Finding Exercise Energy Thresholds) (ft. DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkins)
07. Stronger (ft. Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, Nils Lofgren)
08. Give Myself a Try (ft. Ryan Beatty)
09. Jump Up (It’s a Good Day) Let’s Move version (ft. Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could)
10. Hip Hop LEAN (ft. Artie Green)
11. Pass the Rock (ft. Iman Schumpert and Artie Green)
12. Good Living (ft. Ashton Jones)
13. Beautiful (ft. Daisy Grant and Artie Green)
14. Change the Game (ft. The Happiness Club and Naledge)
15. Wanna Jump (Let’s Move) (ft. Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub)
16. Mother May I? (ft. Amelia Robinson)
17. We Like Vegetables (ft. Los Barkers!)
18. Get Up Sit Up (ft. Ian James and Ricky Baitz)
19. One Step Forward (ft. Samite)

yes its fuckin real. http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/08/michelle-obama-is-releasing-a-hip-hop-album/

why Iman why?

Macca

Was actually pretty smart of Sean to drop that track now. It's building up hype for HoF like crazy, yet had he left the track on it would've totally overshadowed the rest of the album.

njean777

It's ok for Kanye, but not for Kendrick, the fuck?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's ok for Kanye, but not for Kendrick, the fuck?
It's okay for everyone to stan for a while, but even I don't like it when everyone stans the fuck out for Ye in this thread. Quality of posting goes down. Even during Yeezus I tried to keep any of my own stanish opinions in the Yeezus thread.

IMO I'm pretty critical of Ye. A lot of stuff he does I don't rock with.

Esch

Banned

Not even. Lots of eminem listening ot gaffers saying it wasnt hot and nasally whining about the state of rap over there.

Goddamnit I hate this site most of the time except for yall whom I love dearly

Recon

Banned
Not even. Lots of eminem listening ot gaffers saying it wasnt hot and nasally whining about the state of rap over there.

You and Kam's hate for Eminem is amusing. But honestly, i hate being lumped in with those other idiots because I happen to like Em. Yeah, he fell off, but every artist does after that long. But yeah, what I am saying is that Em fans dont equal crazy, like seen in every thread in the OT....fuckers give me a bad name.

Billboard: Juicy J Stays Trippy: Inside The Rapper's Unlikely Comeback

Thought this was kinda interesting. Really can't wait for Stay Trippy. Starting to think I underestimated how much it's gunna sell...

Stay Trippy will be AOTY, but it will sell about 50k first week. Wiz stays pimping him out on tour though, took a minute from his set just to play a new Juicy track and to tell the audience to buy that shit.

Esch

Banned
You and Kam's hate for Eminem is amusing. But honestly, i hate being lumped in with those other idiots because I happen to like Em. Yeah, he fell off, but every artist does after that long. But yeah, what I am saying is that Em fans dont equal crazy, like seen in every thread in the OT....fuckers give me a bad name.
I dont hate Eminem, more like shock rap loses value for me with every passing year and I dont like people talking grimy about their family.... it is what it is. The OT Em fanatics / naughties battle rap people are lame though. They just dont get it. Or maybe they're just relics of their time like all of us will eventually be.

Except thabiz and ace

Recon

Banned
I dont hate Eminem, more like shock rap loses value for me with every passing year and I dont like people talking grimy about their family.... it is what it is. The OT Em fanatics / naughties battle rap people are lame though. They just dont get it. Or maybe they're just relics of their time like all of us will eventually be.

Except thabiz and ace

I feel you, but the family thing never bothered me. Maybe it is a cultural thing? I dont know, I just feel if someone did me dirty, its fair game to talk about that shit. But I agree about the Em fanatics, lame ass people who hate rap but LOVE eminem. I dont know how anyone could hate the genre but love Em, its fucking insane to me.

Shit is starting to happen with Macklemore too....Fuck. Not every popular white rapper has to be the savior of something, They can be dope without having to save shit. I fucking hate people...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Yeah I find myself disgusted with a lot of OT gaf. Some of the shit coming out of people's mouths...its fucking astounding how pathetic some of those dudes are. It's part of why I cut back severely. Well that and job and social life take precedence over gaf and I just don't have as much time for it anymore. I'm constantly writing out long posts tearing someone a new asshole, only to realize someone would probably catch feelings and I'd end up banned for it. So I just hit back and do my best to ignore it. I've probably deleted more posts by far than I have ever actually posted over the last year or so.

Recon

Banned
Yeah I find myself disgusted with a lot of OT gaf. Some of the shit coming out of people's mouths...its fucking astounding how pathetic some of those dudes are. It's part of why I cut back severely. Well that and job and social life take precedence over gaf and I just don't have as much time for it anymore. I'm constantly writing out long posts tearing someone a new asshole, only to realize someone would probably catch feelings and I'd end up banned for it. So I just hit back and do my best to ignore it. I've probably deleted more posts by far than I have ever actually posted over the last year or so.

Even when im not banned I dont post much anymore. It feels like Neogaf as a whole has just gotten more bitter and stupid. It doesnt help that gaming side is the worst it has been in years thanks to the start up of the console wars. Maybe im just getting more bitter....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OT is worse now because we haven't had any legendary threads in a while.

Gaming has been particularly bad since E3 too. Console wars only escalating. It's been a damn long time and I don't miss it one bit. Thank god I'm going to have my face in some GTA V and Pokemon when that shit goes down.

Esch

Banned
I feel you, but the family thing never bothered me. Maybe it is a cultural thing? I dont know, I just feel if someone did me dirty, its fair game to talk about that shit. But I agree about the Em fanatics, lame ass people who hate rap but LOVE eminem. I dont know how anyone could hate the genre but love Em, its fucking insane to me. ...
Hahahaha. Google the San Andreas reveal thread here and you'll understand exactly why.

Recon

Banned
Hahahaha. Google the San Andreas reveal thread here and you'll understand exactly why.

That thread is sad for so many reasons.

"A black gang banger? How the fuck can I relate to him? I need me a white mob boss, now that shits relatable"

I fucking hate people...but what are you referring too?

Oh..nvm, i get it. Like I said, fuck people lol

CRS

That thread is sad for so many reasons.

"A black gang banger? How the fuck can I relate to him? I need me a white mob boss, now that shits relatable"

I fucking hate people...but what are you referring too?
Oh my god, what?

Smh

Recon

Banned
I'm thinking I'ma be the only one lowkey hyped for this Ghosts reveals tomorrow. I'm such a sheep.

I dont know how anyone gets hyped for those anymore. Unless it does something unique, or tells a nice story, I cant fuck with first person shooters. I have now played entirely too many and I cant stomach another floating gun on rails shooter.

HiiiLife

I dont know how anyone gets hyped for those anymore. Unless it does something unique, or tells a nice story, I cant fuck with first person shooters. I have now played entirely too many and I cant stomach another floating gun on rails shooter.

I dunno how either. I'm a victim of the CoD loop. I need a new video game to save me and my friends cause we already know we're gonna hate it a month after release. Lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
FPS' are probably my favourite genre, but I can't stomach what CoD has done to the entire genre.

I want to play Bioshock Infinite, but by all accounts it's a mediocre shooter with a great story. I just want another shooter to come out and just do what CoD4 did once again.

Recon

Banned
I dunno how either. I'm a victim of the CoD loop. I need a new video game to save me and my friends cause we already know we're gonna hate it a month after release. Lol.

My friends are all about that COD life too. It makes me sad what COD has become. COD 2 on pc is still one of my favorite games.

FPS' are probably my favourite genre, but I can't stomach what CoD has done to the entire genre.

I want to play Bioshock Infinite, but by all accounts it's a mediocre shooter with a great story. I just want another shooter to come out and just do what CoD4 did once again.

I wouldnt say the combat is mediocre. I had fun with it. But the story is definitely the best part of that game. It isnt the greatest video game ever, but it is a fun time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I'm thinking I'ma be the only one lowkey hyped for this Ghosts reveals tomorrow. I'm such a sheep.
It's ok to be a sheep. I get to create sheep products for a living. Pad out my pay checks and buy those games so I can go on vacation.

iavi

Oh my god, what?

Smh

You don't even need to google Andreas to see that pitiful shit. Just read through the V trailer thread and see all the shade Franklin catches. "oh, mobsters are easier to relate to, etc, etc" that talk's alive and well.

I'm quickly finding 'easy to relate to' the new way to lampshade racist/sexist arguments

Recon

Banned
The day Activision retires COD will be a day for celebrating. That along with Gears and Halo need to be taken out back and shot, repeatedly. Then incinerated.

You don't even need to google Andreas to see that pitiful shit. Just read through the V trailer thread and see all the shade Franklin catches. "oh, mobsters are easier to relate to, etc, etc" that talk's alive and well.

I'm quickly finding 'easy to relate to' the new way to lampshade racist/sexist arguments

That shit is still happening? I never read any of the threads for V because I think GTA has become the most boring piece of shit to ever exist, but that saddens me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Nah. I won't now. Thanks for opening my eyes Wenis :)
Hahahaha, it's cool. My soul is gunna crumble and die in the next contract. I'll probably move on to Indy pastures in a couple years. Some of the shit I've done really hurt my soul.

The day Activision retires COD will be a day for celebrating. That along with Gears and Halo need to be taken out back and shot, repeatedly. Then incinerated.

The bubble is going to pop very very very soon.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Maaaaan I fucked around and downloaded the mixtape, on the back of this song being dope. It's literally the only good song on the shit. Ugh I bumped the whole thing for some reason.

Fuck I need to rock this Ferg again to wash the garbage out of my ears.

Back in my day, that was just a good verse. Now it's the coming of Christ.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big Sean handled getting bodied on his own track like everyone should. He could've held that shit back and not released it but he did, he knew people had to hear that shit.

Lmao @ Guru. "[The Ortiz track] was good, but it ain't the knockout b" :lol

"Bodega Bamz?"
"mmmmmmm that's that B+!"
"this is about who's more lyrical, not about who got future on the hook"

Recon

Banned
Hahahaha, it's cool. My soul is gunna crumble and die in the next contract. I'll probably move on to Indy pastures in a couple years. Some of the shit I've done really hurt my soul.

The bubble is going to pop very very very soon.

I hope so, because the state of mainstream gaming is super sad.

Yo, you should go listen to Born Sinner.

Born Sinner is solid, stop it Macca!

You and me both, friend. I like to entertain the idea that GAF as a community is above all that tripe, and those bits make it hard.

It's fun to pretend gaf is above shit like that, but sadly a lot of gaffers are pieces of shit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I know its old as hell, but I have to give it up to Trinidad James for proving me wrong by putting out not just another catchy song, but a legit great song with females welcome. Especially after the beat switch, the beat on the second half is ridiculous.

Macca

Anyone on here want a copy of Torchlight 2? Had a copy sitting round in my Steam inventory, so might as well give it away to one of you classy gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom