• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Tyga just pulled his car up next to us.

tumblr_m3mmvfLQ5t1qjfrcho1_1280.jpg

hold that up to the window

Novid

Banned
As for yeesus, some of the endings of the songs end very well, or have great interludes. That's that production.

But the issue doesn't come from that - he just miss the mark on what type of instrumentation and wordplay he wanted to use. That's why its so disappointing. That's why Graduation was one of the best "post modern" rap albums last decade. Everything was just so fucking different but was grounded in the streets. That's why I felt he could have been the one that pulled of a "Stairway To Heaven" type song and become the greatest rapper of his generation.

He still can, but Yeesus isn't it.

DominoKid

hell i think Wale is better than Cole as far as the current generation of rappers go. still behind Drake and Kendrick though but he's a solid #3 for me.

he's just such and easy target because he whines all the fucking time. shit he's my 8th most listened to artist and i find myself facepalming pretty much every interview he does.

Wale does the ignant shit way better than Cole and the meaningful shit as good as Kendrick. even as far back as The Kramer to something recent like Georgetown Press.

girl tracks Cole and Wale are about equal.

CRS

Watching Family Feud and some of the women from this Indian family are hot as fuck.

wow.png

Edit: and they just lost :(

Flows:
Kendrick>Cole>Drake

Lyrics:
Kendrick>Cole>Drake

Lyrical content/subject matter
Kendrick>Cole>Drake

Song writing:
Kendrick>Drake>>>Cole

Albums (so far)
Kendrick>Drake>Cole
Fuck no. Drake>ALL. When its all said and done, Drake will be regarded as one of the greats. Lamar is done. The fact he let Yela outshine him on "1 train" is fucking sad. At least be on par with Joey Badass on that track, and that didn't happen.

KingKong

Drake's rep took a severe hit when he was turned away from the Heat locker room but he made up for it by having some pizza with LeBron and Wade after

Recon

Banned
Fuck no. Drake>ALL. When its all said and done, Drake will be regarded as one of the greats. Lamar is done. The fact he let Yela outshine him on "1 train" is fucking sad. At least be on par with Joey Badass on that track, and that didn't happen.

lol go home, you are drunk.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

i guess i need to drink some more to get on your level today.

Flows:
Kendrick>Drake>Cole

Lyrics:
Kendrick>Cole>Drake

Lyrical content/subject matter
Kendrick>Drake = Cole

Song writing:
Kendrick>Drake >Cole

Albums (so far)
Kendrick>Drake = Cole

kamspy

ih3WghG.jpg

S dot Carter said:
1. Picasso Baby
2. Heaven
3. Versus
4. Tom Ford
5. Beach Is Better
6. FuckWithMeYouKnowIGotIt
7. Oceans
8. F.U.T.W.
9. Part II (On The Run)
10. BBC
11. La Familia
12. Jay-Z Blue
13. Nickles & Dimes
14. Holy Grail (Bonus Track)
15. Open Letter (Bonus Track)

kamspy

Is this Jay vs Drake or is Jay dropping early to avoid Drake? Drake dropping late to avoid Hov?

Stay tuned.

Timbo looks focused as hell in the trailer. I'm thinking it's gonna be a big year for the hip hop big 3 (Jay, Ye and Drake).

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ROFL

Kendrick was pretty wack on the ASAP Rocky features but he's still great. I don't think GKMC is the best out of TDE but he's a legitimately better rapper than Drake, Yelawolf and Joey Boredom for sure.

though I think Drake's new album is gonna be really good.

CRS

It's okay Shinobi. The Kendrick defenders are the same people that think 36 Chambers is better than Forever.

They're never going to be right.

HiResDes

Flow wise Kendrick has gotten more on beat and I believe edges out Drake, and in terms of both lyrical content and variety I I also think he edges out Drake. But if we were talking about the songs themselves in totality, Drake should be first. The great thing about Drake is that he utilizes his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses by sticking to his niche and doing what he does his best. He doesn't care about trying to please everyone, because it's pretty much impossible to simultaneously please a stuck in the 90s dude and someone that wants dat ratchet concurrently.

Take Care is probably a 9/10 album, and I believe Drake will probably put out another this year.

Esch

Banned
I'd also like to nominate Big Kill for scust verse of the year 2013 on DOA.

we should have a negative version of the GAF HOP awards, like the Razzies for film. Lets call them the Enzos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom