• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Back to school tomorrow, weird ass summer. Thanks again for the advice after the break up my dudes. You're good people.

Mann where is that Stay Trippy faucet at?

Tokubetsu

I thought the album would be a lot of gritty NY street shit. That element is there, but it's more of a psychological portrait. Some of the darkest shit I've heard in a long time. And I'm not talking about faux horrorcore "dark," I'm talking bottomless pit shit, the type of feels equivalent to the regret of smashing someone with downs syndrome.

Definitely. Its a more mature side of the NY gritty stuff, an extension of it without any exploitive elements or intention. Love the whole album but "30 Pieces of Silver" and "I'm Ready" speak to me. I bought the dl version but I'm probably gonna spring for the vinyl from Ka.

mooooose

onyx trading verses on that last song was really dope for me as a fan

overall ferg does his thing, the production is solid and cohesive and kinda has its own sound, like a really really tight chopped and screwed cloud rap sound. its really tight and not at all loose like you'd expect from something like that.

but it all wears thin pretty fast. the whole thing wasnt something i needed to hear an entire album of.

itll be really hard for any album to beat run the jewels this year, at this point. that album had everything going for it.

CRS

onyx trading verses on that last song was really dope for me as a fan

overall ferg does his thing, the production is solid and cohesive and kinda has its own sound, like a really really tight chopped and screwed cloud rap sound. its really tight and not at all loose like you'd expect from something like that.

but it all wears thin pretty fast. the whole thing wasnt something i needed to hear an entire album of.
Do more drugs.

HiiiLife

Anyone in here ever tried lean?

Shits wack. Lol. Don't bother. All my friends are obsessed with wanting to find some codeine just to try it.

And I'm hopping in the group that enjoyed Doris of course. But instead of wishing more songs were like Chum like Des said, I wish he rapped like the Uncle Al track a lot more.

HiiiLife

The content within your posts mixed with your avatar bothers me sometimes. Not sure why. I imagine it's a baby penguin talking about smoking weed and trying codeine

That sounds like a you problem. Lol. Plus I found this avi on google. I just decided to stick with it.

Macca

I imagine it's a baby penguin talking about smoking weed and trying codeine
OxNIshE.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Buddens' response is third best after Joell and then Papoose. It was okay, just not really surprising considering Budden slays pretty much the rest of NY today lyrically. Papoose' being dope was the real surprise.

OG Kush

Jay Electronica just continues to be so fucking dope. Maybe because I'm high but his verse on Mac Millers track is actually genius
:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x58UYC640EA&t=90
My milk & honey, my chérie-chérie amore
My Cinderella in her carriage by the doorway
Her ruby slipper made the wizard send the scarecrow
And the lion through the forest
To the wicked witch's fortress where she scorched them in the foreplay
Remember that? He said he'd fight the box to see the wizard
When he was visited by Dorothy who came here on a blizzard
Now the whole world's in color, still,
How Auntie Em was next of kin and not her mother
Real, her face was careworn
I suspected she migrated to Kansas up from Dearborn
And had beef with Mrs. Gulch from the very beginning of Year One
Mr. Candyman, the parables parabolic
The poetry's like the poems and songs of Ecclesiastes
Lightning should strike the stone and then Moses should make a tablet
The Judge will bang the wood up in parliament with the mallet
And yell "Hear, Hear," finally some order to this rap shit
Finally some sort of water to soil these cracked lips
I keep my shit crispy and elegant,
So miss me with the irrelevant, the god body is heaven-sent
The hard-body is reverence, since the son of Byford
Brother of Fal, every rhyme's halal
Every line is kosher, livin' la vida loca
Shout out to Tony Toca, we ballin' like we suppose to..

Buddens' response is third best after Joell and then Papoose. It was okay, just not really surprising considering Budden slays pretty much the rest of NY today lyrically. Papoose' being dope was the real surprise.

Agree with this. Just wish he had the balls to release it and not have it leak like it did. He's on tour with Kendrick right now though, thats pretty weird to diss someone you going on tour with

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damn, I can't believe I'm feeling 10pc Mild. Trinidad James' last tape was fucking terribad, outside of All Gold Everything. This track with Danny Brown and the one with Gambino & Gucci....lawd.

overcast

I think everybody does their thing on that E-40 track, shit is nice. I still believe Old will be good, he hasn't shown what he has. Going to be a long album with plenty of different sounds and influences.

iavi

The Underachievers - Lords of Flatbush mixtape drops tomorrow. Majority of it produced by Lex Luger. I am excited.

Really hoping this one is better than the last. Luger'll probably help a shit ton. The Underachievers got potential in spades, but that last tape; I don't even know what to say.

--

Everything from Old so far sounds like shit. I have no hope.

feels like a lot of people forgot about new jet city. there were some good tracks on there. it really feels like a drought for releases from spitta though. i need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom