• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

For my fellow Em fans that are still holding onto hope, this article talks about Survival and how he changed it about five times so it could fit the theme in CoD. Who knows, maybe that isn't the sound for his album. At least, I hope. Inb4hedropsanothernotafraidasasingle.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...d-activisionblizzard-scored-eminems-first-new

Hopefully the little blurb at the bottom about it won't be released on itunes, as a single, or video means it might not even make it to the album. If its just a COD song, its not too bad and fits the theme. Overall the song is just average.

Em seems to have lost the ability to make a big splash song. Hopefully the rest of the album isn't all yelling/angry.

SL3 is awesome! I guess Lupe remains busy even between twitter beefs. Any word on when his next project is set to release?

Esch

Banned
how was that pizza, breh
lupe1.png

havent had deweys for a minute
lupe1.png

I really like Doris. Yeah, his voice can get boring after a while, but really there are only a few bad tracks on the album (523 is unneeded, Guild, That one with Tyler that I can't remember the name of). Much better than Earl in every way.

Key Nyata's tape sucks. He is such a bland rapper. I don't think there is a single track that made me think "hey, this is a good song". Nacho's verse is the only thing that stands out. We need a new Nacho release.

You even have to fight through an Ethelwulf verse.
Agreed with all of this, Key should stick to producing.I really liked his track on MFN's tape.

Jitters

I almost feel like Nyata tries to mix the tough, grittiness of someone like Earl with the chillness of someone like Ethelwulf and they end up cancelling each other out.

Don't sleep on that last Stalley tape brehs, shit is smooth as hell but it got buried under everything that's been going on in the past few days.

eoHGQR7.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Sample Tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II8RazxkCHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h05fJCjoyw&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Fh3vZCjs4

Yea definitely not gonna sleep on this: I'm gonna sleep while listening to it. Haven't had a good night's rest in a minute, gotta thank Stalley.

I really like Doris. Yeah, his voice can get boring after a while, but really there are only a few bad tracks on the album (523 is unneeded, Guild, That one with Tyler that I can't remember the name of). Much better than Earl in every way.

Doris is really easy to listen through one of my favorites of the year so far.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
KA-Night's Gambit
Quelle Chris - Niggas is Men
Killah Priest - The Psychic World of Walter Reed
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
Chance the Rapper - Acid Raps
Jonwayne - Cassette 3
Jeremiah Jae - Rawhyde
Migos - Young Rich Niggas
Key & Trap Money Benny - Nooneisready
Deniro Farrar - Patriarch
Young Fathers - Tape Two
Spark Master Tape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Key Nyata - The Shadowed Diamond
Da$h - V.I.C.E.S.
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth
Cult Favorite - For Madmen Only
Willie The Kid & Alchemist - Masterpiece Theatre
Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered In Time
MFN Exquire - Kismet
Travis Scott - Owl Pharoah
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West- Yeezus

...That's pretty much how I see the year.

I enjoyed a fair amount of releases this year.

Saaab Stories.
Watching Movies With The Sound Off.
ESGN.
Doris.
Born Sinner.
Acid Rap.
Run the Jewels.
New Jet City.
Einstein.
Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever.
MCHG.
Hustle Gang.
King Remembered In Time.
Kilt 2.
DAMN you guys make me feel behind as a mofo.

HiResDes

Tyler indeed did kill Sasquatch.

After re-listening to Earl for the third time, tracks I feel like skipping consist of:

Pre, 20 Wave Caps (like the beat though), Sunday (Frank can't rap sorry ya'll), and Guild

...But I didn't notice how strongly the album finishes, with the beat on Hoarse blowing my mind and containing a depth that wasn't readily apparent. The rest is all decent to good, Doris is definitely better than I previously thought.

....Just got to bite into the pizza, so good, the meatballs are tender and juicy...Such a savory pizza, should be a more common topping. Oh and the Parmesan definitely sets it off.

Tyler indeed did kill Sasquatch.

After re-listening to Earl for the third time, tracks I feel like skipping consist of:

Pre, 20 Wave Caps (like the beat though), Sunday (Frank can't rap sorry ya'll), and Guild

...But I didn't notice how strongly the album finishes, with the beat on Hoarse blowing my mind and containing a depth that wasn't readily apparent. The rest is all decent to good, Doris is definitely better than I previously thought.

Knight really ends the album well DAT BEAT.

Hey GAFHOP going to Austin later tonight staying for a week any things I should see or do while I'm out there I know 6th street is one thing I'm looking forward to.

Fuck that you got Pappas, Goodies, Pappsito's, and the best Pappadeaux. I wouldn't trade that for anything. Also Star Pizza is decent. Not top tier, but pretty tasty.

Yeah, but I've been having all that Pappa series restaurant since I was born here LOL. Pappas BBQ fully loaded baked potato is fucking amazing tho....

Kendrick Explains The Black Hippy Movement

I thought the album would be a lot of gritty NY street shit. That element is there, but it's more of a psychological portrait. Some of the darkest shit I've heard in a long time. And I'm not talking about faux horrorcore "dark," I'm talking bottomless pit shit, the type of feels equivalent to the regret of smashing someone with downs syndrome.

I have no idea what Night's Gambit is but I'm going to listen to it just because of this

Night's Gambit the most powerful rap album of twenty-thirteen. By time you get to "I'm Ready" you're a better human being.

I thought the album would be a lot of gritty NY street shit. That element is there, but it's more of a psychological portrait. Some of the darkest shit I've heard in a long time. And I'm not talking about faux horrorcore "dark," I'm talking bottomless pit shit, the type of feels equivalent to the regret of smashing someone with downs syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom