• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLR 3

rejoice.png

amazing...

IrishNinja

You never struck me as a nin kinda guy.

i was all about them in high school, but onna low cause at the time/down here it was a thing where you liked rap or metal and NOTHING IN BETWEEN

i was with this punk chick who'd take me to industrial shows on some weekends, i mostly went to cop a feel but eventually dug the sound and was into trying whatever was there - sister machine gun, some skinny puppy, ministry, even stabbing westward (nin light).

saw trent live with manson opening around the downward spiral tour i wanna say? anyway eventually reznor did a remix of biggie's victory and i figured shit was safe by then...i can only imagine what my older brother's generation was like, i wonder if shit was so rigid that PE fuckin with anthrax was a big deal for them too

i was remembering this shit the other day cause a friend of mine was saying how she does some LGBT guidance counselor stuff by southridge (one of the high schools i went to) and that all those borders are gone, like hipster shit knocked em down so the black kids got mohawks and listen to metal or anything else they want, same with others, which i thought was really cool to hear, cause looking back the idea that you had to dress/act a certain way to listen to a certain kinda music is dumb as hell

i still wish i could find my wu/snoop/warren g/nwa etc shirts and posters and shit from that era tho

i was all about them in high school, but onna low cause at the time/down here it was a thing where you liked rap or metal and NOTHING IN BETWEEN

i was with this punk chick who'd take me to industrial shows on some weekends, i mostly went to cop a feel but eventually dug the sound and was into trying whatever was there - sister machine gun, some skinny puppy, ministry, even stabbing westward (nin light).

saw trent live with manson opening around the downward spiral tour i wanna say? anyway eventually reznor did a remix of biggie's victory and i figured shit was safe by then...i can only imagine what my older brother's generation was like, i wonder if shit was so rigid that PE fuckin with anthrax was a big deal for them too

i was remembering this shit the other day cause a friend of mine was saying how she does some LGBT guidance counselor stuff by southridge (one of the high schools i went to) and that all those borders are gone, like hipster shit knocked em down so the black kids got mohawks and listen to metal or anything else they want, same with others, which i thought was really cool to hear, cause looking back the idea that you had to dress/act a certain way to listen to a certain kinda music is dumb as hell

i still wish i could find my wu/snoop/warren g/nwa etc shirts and posters and shit from that era tho

uncle irish ninja it warms my heart to read this. you saw a really great show which i will never get the chance to witness in person most likely.

i'm seeing NIN in November, quite excited.

kamspy

So I'm bumpin' some 10 Pc Mild on a Sunday morning, like a real G should, then I find out that Guwop and Childish Gambino are on the same damn track. I'm thinkin' "nah", but for real, yeah. It's there. I didn't listen to it far enough in to get to either one of their verses because I didn't want the Multiverse to collapse or some shit on my behalf, so left that piece alone.

Trap Lord is damn near a 4 mic album, but because of some filler (basically every song without a feature minus the opening track and Hood Pope), I'ma roll 3.5 on that joint. So close though. Still a highly enjoyable able that could end up in my top 10.

Yeah, so I think that Lupe song isn't too hot at all. He just isn't for me at all. Listening to him rap most of the time just sounds like he is trying to rap way beyond his capability(not always a bad thing tho) and it just isn't enjoyable to hear at all. That song had some nice lines and all that, but I couldn't help but shake the feeling after every line dude was saying YA GET IT?

FYC

Banned
I've been listening to trap lord and run the jewels... What else might be top 10 for this year at the point?

I tried to download Run The Jewels but never got an e-mail. Tried twice. Bah.

Edit: Twelve Reasons To Die by Ghostface Killah is cool

HiResDes

I've been listening to trap lord and run the jewels... What else might be top 10 for this year at the point?

KA-Night's Gambit
Quelle Chris - Niggas is Men
Killah Priest - The Psychic World of Walter Reed
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
Chance the Rapper - Acid Raps
Jonwayne - Cassette 3
Jeremiah Jae - Rawhyde
Migos - Young Rich Niggas
Key & Trap Money Benny - Nooneisready
Deniro Farrar - Patriarch
Young Fathers - Tape Two
Spark Master Tape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Key Nyata - The Shadowed Diamond
Da$h - V.I.C.E.S.
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth
Cult Favorite - For Madmen Only
Willie The Kid & Alchemist - Masterpiece Theatre
Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered In Time
MFN Exquire - Kismet
Travis Scott - Owl Pharoah
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West- Yeezus

...That's pretty much how I see the year.

KA-Night's Gambit
Quelle Chris - Niggas is Men
Killah Priest - The Psychic World of Walter Reed
Freddie Gibbs - ESGN
Chance the Rapper - Acid Raps
Jonwayne - Cassette 3
Jeremiah Jae - Rawhyde
Migos - Young Rich Niggas
Key & Trap Money Benny - Nooneisready
Deniro Farrar - Patriarch
Young Fathers - Tape Two
Spark Master Tape - The #SWOUP Serengeti
Key Nyata - The Shadowed Diamond
Da$h - V.I.C.E.S.
Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
Vince Staples - Stolen Youth
Cult Favorite - For Madmen Only
Willie The Kid & Alchemist - Masterpiece Theatre
Big K.R.I.T. - King Remembered In Time
MFN Exquire - Kismet
Travis Scott - Owl Pharoah
Kool & Kass - Peaceful Solutions
Kanye West- Yeezus

...That's pretty much how I see the year.

Bad Jokes is really good too.

HiResDes

Oh shit, Nickelus F just released this, I think Kemp has been mentoring him to produce his own tracks. They're both from Richmond VA.

HiiiLife

I enjoyed a fair amount of releases this year.

Saaab Stories.
Watching Movies With The Sound Off.
ESGN.
Doris.
Born Sinner.
Acid Rap.
Run the Jewels.
New Jet City.
Einstein.
Young Sinatra: Welcome to Forever.
MCHG.
Hustle Gang.
King Remembered In Time.
Kilt 2.

ecurbj

I think you should get the Regular $6.95
Romaine Lettuce tossed in Caesar Dressing garnished with shaved Parmesan Cheese and French Bread Croutons, lol.

Esch

Banned
I've also had the Bronx Bomber. Dewey's is good, but it's pretty thin- not really suited to holding a fuckton of toppings.

Jitters

I really like Doris. Yeah, his voice can get boring after a while, but really there are only a few bad tracks on the album (523 is unneeded, Guild, That one with Tyler that I can't remember the name of). Much better than Earl in every way.

Key Nyata's tape sucks. He is such a bland rapper. I don't think there is a single track that made me think "hey, this is a good song". Nacho's verse is the only thing that stands out. We need a new Nacho release.

You even have to fight through an Ethelwulf verse.

HiResDes

Don't sleep on that last Stalley tape brehs, shit is smooth as hell but it got buried under everything that's been going on in the past few days.

eoHGQR7.jpg

DOWNLOAD

Sample Tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II8RazxkCHs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h05fJCjoyw&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Fh3vZCjs4

I'm a check it out, only because Intelligent Trunk Muzik wasn't bad.

I really like Doris. Yeah, his voice can get boring after a while, but really there are only a few bad tracks on the album (523 is unneeded, Guild, That one with Tyler that I can't remember the name of). Much better than Earl in every way.

Key Nyata's tape sucks. He is such a bland rapper. I don't think there is a single track that made me think "hey, this is a good song". Nacho's verse is the only thing that stands out. We need a new Nacho release.

You even have to fight through an Ethelwulf verse.

Key has that understated swag shit going on, like a less gangsta Vince Staples and not as lyrical, but he definitely has more of his own sound than Earl at this point...As dope as Earl is

The atmosphere Key creates on The Garden is incredible, and he's such a beast on the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom